ImageImage

PG: Bucks Pound Thunder

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Re: PG: Bucks Pound Thunder 

Post#41 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:59 am

Some of the best swarming defense I've seen out of the Bucks in years. Looks like Doc and the team are getting it figured out.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#42 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:00 am

This game was a thing of beauty. I love to see the effort.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Post#43 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:01 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:A game like this is the kinda game that makes you disregard the 'who do you want to play' conversation because the way they played in the 3rd quarter, I think only Denver can hit that level (Boston can, but only if they get hot from 3).

I do think this is a particularly bad matchup for OKC and good matchup for the Bucks. OKC needed Chet to shoot the ball really well to try to play Brook off the court and then just attack the basket. But he wasn't having that kinda night and the Bucks did a really good job of cutting off driving lanes otherwise.

Seems like we have too much strength in the paint for OKC to handle.

Denver I think is a dead even matchup and would be a close series.

Boston is just a different animal. I don’t think anyone has an answer to the problems they present.

I completely disagree about Boston, they're very good and with HCA can be very justifiably considered the favorites. But I don't see some unstoppable juggernaut.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,748

Post#44 » by yannisk » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:01 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:
skbucks1985 wrote:A game like this is the kinda game that makes you disregard the 'who do you want to play' conversation because the way they played in the 3rd quarter, I think only Denver can hit that level (Boston can, but only if they get hot from 3).

I do think this is a particularly bad matchup for OKC and good matchup for the Bucks. OKC needed Chet to shoot the ball really well to try to play Brook off the court and then just attack the basket. But he wasn't having that kinda night and the Bucks did a really good job of cutting off driving lanes otherwise.

Boston is just a different animal. I don’t think anyone has an answer to the problems they present.

I think we beat Denver, Denver beats Boston and unfortunately Boston beats us
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#45 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:02 am

Ruben Quevedo wrote:

Ironically the Celtics players themselves will be their own undoing
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#46 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:03 am

yannisk wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:

I think we beat Denver, Denver beats Boston and unfortunately Boston beats us

Don't agree, Boston matchup is drastically better for us than it was in the past. We will see but the Bucks in playoff mode will be a different animal. Think Heat have a decent chance of beating Boston in first round, mental is everything with Boston. Make them uncomfortable and they **** crumble, that's why their owns fans have doubts, they know this.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#47 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:04 am

If Giannis has a big game Tuesday night against Lebron he may be able to get a media push for MVP since the Lakers are the only team some of these clowns watch
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#48 » by HKPackFan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:06 am

PG Graveyard wrote:If Giannis has a big game Tuesday night against Lebron he may be able to get a media push for MVP since the Lakers are the only team some of these clowns watch

True. Giannis with big games against SHA and LeBron could have him back in the conversation.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#49 » by Milbucks96 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:13 am

Best win of the season. Thunder are the real deal and the bucks whooped them with no flukey shooting variance.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#50 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:14 am

Milbucks96 wrote:Best win of the season. Thunder are the real deal and the bucks whooped them with no flukey shooting variance.

Full strength Wolves on the road was way better but not too shabby
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#51 » by emunney » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:15 am

ReasonablySober wrote:We've had this PBP guy doing radio for the last two and a half years while the TV broadcast has stunk up the joint?

What's going to drive you nuts is that the *backup* radio guy is at least as good as Koehn.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#52 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:16 am

emunney wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:We've had this PBP guy doing radio for the last two and a half years while the TV broadcast has stunk up the joint?

What's going to drive you nuts is that the *backup* radio guy is at least as good as Koehn.

Really? Listened to him for the Brooklyn game and thought he was awkward as hell. Doesn't have the voice or charisma for radio. Also he would announce if the shot missed like 4 seconds after the fact and that bugged the hell outta me :lol:
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#53 » by Jez2983 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:23 am

I like sports.

This is going to be a good watch later.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,641

Post#54 » by JayMKE » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:26 am

I take partial credit for the win, ur welcome guys

gonna get some wings
FREE GIANNIS
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#55 » by Perishable517 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:27 am

I didn't watch but radio was left in good hands when Ted retired.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,950

Post#56 » by Perishable517 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:32 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:

Really? Listened to him for the Brooklyn game and thought he was awkward as hell. Doesn't have the voice or charisma for radio. Also he would announce if the shot missed like 4 seconds after the fact and that bugged the hell outta me
Bingo! I agree about the voice and charisma.

" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,743

Post#57 » by chonestown » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:33 am

I thought it was fun.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#58 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:34 am

Perishable517 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
emunney wrote:

Really? Listened to him for the Brooklyn game and thought he was awkward as hell. Doesn't have the voice or charisma for radio. Also he would announce if the shot missed like 4 seconds after the fact and that bugged the hell outta me

Dope, I think I have a good pulse for radio. Koehn is great and probably should be on TV, if he gets really good could find a bigtime job with that radio voice
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#59 » by RW23 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:36 am

Thunder too small.

Bobby-Giannis bigs lineup unlocked.

Coaching matters a lot.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#60 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:51 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Really? Listened to him for the Brooklyn game and thought he was awkward as hell. Doesn't have the voice or charisma for radio. Also he would announce if the shot missed like 4 seconds after the fact and that bugged the hell outta me

Dope, I think I have a good pulse for radio. Koehn is great and probably should be on TV, if he gets really good could find a bigtime job with that radio voice

He tries to provide way too much analysis and info. If he would just stick to describing the action, he would be much better. His style is better suited for TV.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks