ImageImage

PG Washington: Old, Slow, Disinterested, Pathetic

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Re: PG Washington: Old, Slow, Disinterested, Pathetic 

Post#101 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 1:55 pm

Offensively they played a pretty good game, actually. Tons of wide-open looks of solid action and Gianni was passing beautifully, but dudes were just building brick-houses except for a stretch of Pat & Dairy hitting a few.

The more annoying thing was seeing Washington's players get open in transition off of made baskets, and the perimeter defenders getting into the lane with ease. It definitely looked like the "last game of a road trip" type of effort.

Oh well, we'll see what happens in the playoffs.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,952

Post#102 » by jschligs » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:00 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Offensively they played a pretty good game, actually. Tons of wide-open looks of solid action and Gianni was passing beautifully, but dudes were just building brick-houses except for a stretch of Pat & Dairy hitting a few.

The more annoying thing was seeing Washington's players get open in transition off of made baskets, and the perimeter defenders getting into the lane with ease. It definitely looked like the "last game of a road trip" type of effort.

What it looked like was the classic Adrian Griffin Bucks for a hot minute.

I'm in the camp that thinks this team could easily compete with anyone, make it to the finals, etc. But also, could see us dropping 1st round as we seem to play on the level of our opponents.

We're going to need to play our best ball. However, I also saw we are like 42-17 or something with Dame, 25-1 when he shoots 50% or better. So really it hinges on him and Giannis as we'd expect.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,001

Post#103 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:15 pm

No one should be shocked that we're an incredibly top-heavy team this year, and winning a championship was always gonna rely on those dudes staying healthy for an entire playoff run. But this was still a tremendously pathetic, buzzkill type loss. Like, how many of these hyper efficient Giannis games have we wasted this season compared to previous years? Giannis putting up 35/15/10 on 70% TS, with Khris chipping in 24/9/6 against a bottom-3 team in the league that shot 24% from 3? These are the kind of games that were automatic wins in the Bud era.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#104 » by neiLz » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:10 pm

Could tell within the first 6 mins or so of the game. giannis came out tryin to make pad his stats, wasn't shooting at all, looking for assists and boards... not saying what giannis was doing is bad, but you could tell the entire bucks team werent taking the wizards serious at all. Giannis usually would impose his will. you could see bout end of 2nd/early 3rd he was abusing guys in the paint, but it was too little too late since everyone but giannis decided not to make a shot.

for such a veteran team, they play like such a dumb and inexperienced team when they aren't locked in. i expect them to focus come playoffs but they make s h it so much harder on themselves by **** the bed against such inferior teams.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,745

Post#105 » by msiris » Wed Apr 3, 2024 3:21 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
msiris wrote:A fast rebuild might be needed.

Don't think a fast rebuild exists. This team has zero assets.

Yep, agreed. You need foresight to do a fast rebuild with a championship caliber team, but we chose to hang onto/acquire aging assets with deteriorating value.
Come on. Dame, Middleon, and Bobby have zero value?. I am sure some younger teams ould like to addsome vets to balance out the rosters?
Ride the tank
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,667

Post#106 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:13 pm

The only thing I can think of is Doc doesn't care about winning these games as much as he cares about getting these shooters to shoot themselves hot in games b4 the playoffs and showing them ultimate confidence... if that's not it then playing Beas 30 min while playing like that doesn't make sense
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#107 » by HKPackFan » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:16 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:Offensively they played a pretty good game, actually. Tons of wide-open looks of solid action and Gianni was passing beautifully, but dudes were just building brick-houses except for a stretch of Pat & Dairy hitting a few.

Agreed. It's not just the brick fest from 3 but crappy defense.

This team struggled from 3 before, but the old version (or bud era) willed their way to Ws with defense. Don't see it consistently, just in moments now.

AJ Green had a great charge taken. Loving what he's bringing, I wish we got more of it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#108 » by nagawicka » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:41 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:It's way too simplistic to blame Doc for everything.

Everything? Not EVerything. Just the team play and player performance and personnel rotation. RealGM should do some real work and get ahold of the consulting tripe doc poured in griff's ear.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#109 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:03 pm

I honestly thought Gallo would give us somewhat of a stabilizing veteran presence off the bench, but he's looked entirely washed and that sucks when you already have like, 4-5 roster spots that are essentially giving you nothing.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#110 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:19 pm

BEV pod..
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#111 » by JimmyTheKid » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:20 pm

I'd really like to see what that Andre Jackson, Jr. guy can do as he potentially brings a different element to this team. Seems his high motor, high IQ, passing acumen, ability to get deflections on defense, ability to crash the glass for second chance opportunities, ability to get out on the break, and willingness to sacrifice his body and use his athleticism to secure 50/50 balls would complement an older, slower unit relatively nicely. Oh, I'm beating a dead horse you say?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#112 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:26 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I honestly thought Gallo would give us somewhat of a stabilizing veteran presence off the bench, but he's looked entirely washed and that sucks when you already have like, 4-5 roster spots that are essentially giving you nothing.

This dude Gallo... we wasted the pickup.. stone cold /steal nuts shooter.. Durant-like TS for most of his career -- we should have let him run and get his confidence/legs back and got him cooking
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#113 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:28 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I'd really like to see what that Andre Jackson, Jr. guy can do as he potentially brings a different element to this team. Seems his high motor, high IQ, passing acumen, ability to get deflections on defense, ability to crash the glass for second chance opportunities, ability to get out on the break, and willingness to sacrifice his body and use his athleticism to secure 50/50 balls would complement an older, slower unit relatively nicely. Oh, I'm beating a dead horse you say?

I agree.. he could have came in flying around and gave a rookie impact in a few playoff games like Miami gets
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#114 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:32 pm

Gallo had more 600+ TS seasons than Dame and KM combined and we left him to rot on the bench...
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#115 » by BUCKnation » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:37 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:I'd really like to see what that Andre Jackson, Jr. guy can do as he potentially brings a different element to this team. Seems his high motor, high IQ, passing acumen, ability to get deflections on defense, ability to crash the glass for second chance opportunities, ability to get out on the break, and willingness to sacrifice his body and use his athleticism to secure 50/50 balls would complement an older, slower unit relatively nicely. Oh, I'm beating a dead horse you say?

He changed a couple of game early on against these bad teams from his energy. Last night was the perfect opportunity to try him and Marjon out when multiple dudes were giving nothing.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#116 » by -Jragon- » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:29 pm

BUCKnation wrote:

He changed a couple of game early on against these bad teams from his energy. Last night was the perfect opportunity to try him and Marjon out when multiple dudes were giving nothing.

Exactly... and that's logical.... so that's why I think Doc doesn't care about these games or seedings and is trying to show confidence in these shooters and leaving them in to straighten their shot our and get their yips out now. Let Dame have a break and let them cats fire away and get right before the season ends. So us as fans being annoyed about the loss is pointless
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#117 » by emunney » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:15 pm

Teams are too close together to try to play for a specific seed. We shouldn't be trying for any particular outcome in any particular game. We should be preparing ourselves for the playoffs. We should know the pain points by now, so we get as many reps with those situations as we can, see if we can mitigate, and try to stay healthy.

It's not that there's no difference in who we play; it's that it's out of our hands. But there are things we do control, and that's where the focus should be.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#118 » by BUCKnation » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:18 pm

The starters net rating and performances against the best teams are like the guy in the 'everything is fine' meme and I'm right there with it
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#119 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:39 pm

BUCKnation wrote:The starters net rating and performances against the best teams are like the guy in the 'everything is fine' meme and I'm right there with it

It helps that historically it's been a pretty good indicator of future success in the age of load management. Denver murdered teams with their starting-5 last season (+13.1) even if the team net-rating wasn't juggernaut level (ironically they had the same net-rating as us this year). So yeah, once again, it basically just comes down to health. Recent history tells us that +8 or higher with your starters the baseline. So, us, Boston, OKC, Denver, Minnesota, or the Clippers.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,911

Post#120 » by emunney » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:04 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
BUCKnation wrote:The starters net rating and performances against the best teams are like the guy in the 'everything is fine' meme and I'm right there with it

It helps that historically it's been a pretty good indicator of future success in the age of load management. Denver murdered teams with their starting-5 last season (+13.1) even if the team net-rating wasn't juggernaut level (ironically they had the same net-rating as us this year). So yeah, once again, it basically just comes down to health. Recent history tells us that +8 or higher with your starters the baseline. So, us, Boston, OKC, Denver, Minnesota, or the Clippers.

This whole recent run of regular season net rating domination by Boston, they've looked just regular very good when you look at things this way, and it keeps proving out. That said, everybody is always susceptible to a poor shooting / good defense team going absolutely ape **** from beyond the arc for no reason. Happened to both us and Boston last year.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts

Return to Milwaukee Bucks