ImageImage

PG: Indy Game 1 - Bucks Take Opener

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,172

Re: PG: Indy Game 1 - Bucks Take Opener 

Post#141 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:30 pm

emunney wrote:Will say that overall, I enjoyed the sense I had that Doc had his hands on the wheel at all times. Feel like that makes it less likely to whiff out the window while you're driving.

Doc was basically flawless with his substitutions last night. Rotations made sense. Guys were yanked immediately if they weren't positively contributing to winning basketball.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#142 » by Siefer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Monster dunk. Loved it. But I absolutely detest that this is the go to way to try to defend this.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,053

Post#143 » by German Athens » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:28 pm

Such a fun game to be at. I didn’t necessarily think this was one of those hot shooting games for us. We made 14 threes, and shot 37 percent, but I absolutely think we could hit 20+ 3’s in a game this series. That’s encouraging for us moving forward.

I’d like to see us pursue rebounds better in game 2. We’re really limited athletically without Giannis, so there’s only so much we can do, but that felt like the only thing Indiana really ever had going for them.

We really miss Giannis’s rim pressure, but I really liked Dame’s ability to get their particularly in the 1st. We’ll need more of that from him going forward, even if it doesn’t results in a layup for him. Drive, force the defense to collapse, and get that ball moving. I felt like we settled a bit too much at times outside, especially in the third.

We’ve been missing a guy like patbev for what feels like an eternity. Someone who can handle the ball under pressure, and actually run the offense, make entry passes, so we start our sets 10ft closer to the hoop and in position is such a benefit. Then there’s everything else he does which I love. I really hope he comes back next year.

Bring on game 2!
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,185

Post#144 » by raysbookclub » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I cringe when Bobby gets the ball on the block and we revert to basketball circa 1994, but I recognize it's vitally important to get him going.

Speaking of 1994 though, the Bucks do give me those B2B Rockets teams vibes. A toughness in the mentality.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 230

Post#145 » by kanyon » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:44 pm

Let's not do the white cult-y shirts. Creeps me out.
How about giving out green towels of soemthing people can swing around?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,947

Post#146 » by jschligs » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:46 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I cringe when Bobby gets the ball on the block and we revert to basketball circa 1994, but I recognize it's vitally important to get him going.

I hate it, but he did have our first 6 points in the 3rd when we were struggling that was super important. But I agree, he is tunnel vision 1000% and it better drop or we'll be screwed.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,510

Post#147 » by old skool » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:01 pm

Beasley is a poor defender who gives up too many easy baskets, but he was a key contributor who played hard and helped the Bucks stifle the Pacers yesterday.

Beasley obviously was assigned to pick up Haliburton after Bucks made baskets. He repeatedly aggressively blanketed Haliburton denying him the inbounds pass. His successful off ball defense slowed the Pacers attempts at quick counter attacks and seemed to wear Haliburton out a little.

That was a good adjustment by the coaching staff and good execution by Beasley. Bad defenders can still make effective defensive plays, and Beasley was frequently effective on defense in game 1. It seems weird to mindlessly bash a vet minimum player for his flaws and ignore equally obvious contributions that helped the Bucks defense win the game.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#148 » by BigO » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:02 pm

jschligs wrote:

I hate it, but he did have our first 6 points in the 3rd when we were struggling that was super important. But I agree, he is tunnel vision 1000% and it better drop or we'll be screwed.

Disagree. He doesn't have tunnel vision. He has been a willing passer and was yesterday when he was doubled. There's a reason he's doubled.

So some posters cringe when Bobby is isolated in the post? So does the coach of the Pacers.
Bmaasse
Senior
And1: 590

Post#149 » by Bmaasse » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:44 pm

I'll take a Bobby post up over a Brook 30 footer, any day of the week.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,930

Post#150 » by tydett » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:46 pm

This is the perfect team for Bobby to back down in the post. It slows the game down which is what Indy doesn't want, and Indy's inept defense is pretty bad at defending Bobby. You don't want it to be the whole offense, but when Bobby does it and is generating points like it did last night, it's important.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,877

Post#151 » by RubberSoul » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:52 pm

Bmaasse wrote:I'll take a Bobby post up over a Brook 30 footer, any day of the week.

I’d like to never see another Brook 30 foot bomb. Especially early in the shot clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,390

Post#152 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:08 pm

emunney wrote:
machu46 wrote:Also idk if it was shown on TV or not but one of the calls that should have been challenged, Doc was desperately trying to get an answer from one of the assistants about if he should challenge but they weren’t able to review it on their end quickly enough and the Pacers inbounded the ball as fast as possible so we missed the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was the one that went off McConnell's shoulder. Doc's got to trust Bev in that situation, but I get it. Not sure how many TOs we had at that point but probably should have taken one given how emphatic and certain Bev seemed. Problem of course is that it's not enough to be right, as Bev was -- the video has to demonstrate it (which it could/would have, but hard to know that in the moment).

I only trust Bev there if he brings me a photographers camera.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,092

Post#153 » by Siefer » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:09 pm

I don't think this is a huge deal in the grand scheme, but I do think Brook has felt being the 4th or 5th option this year, especially with him getting fewer post touches than ever.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,756

Post#154 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:15 pm

Last night would have been ugly for Indy if Giannis played.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,390

Post#155 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:20 pm

Bmaasse wrote:I'll take a Bobby post up over a Brook 30 footer, any day of the week.

Bobby from 10-19 this season was 113/255 or 44%, or 0.88PPP.

Brook from 25-29 was 110/302, or 36.4% or 1.092PPP. Or, you know, 25% better than a Bobby Post up.

Brook only took 22 shots over 30 feet all season.

Even on those he shot 27.4%, which was .82 PPP, way closer to Bobby's post ups than Bobby is to Brook's normal 3 pointers.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,116

Post#156 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:21 pm

Aside: Brook bomb if he know its going in.

Like Dame knew those shots that were going last night.

They put in the work. We need them both (Bobby/Brook) taking those shots at the right time. Its their shot. Get to your spots. Do your thing.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,663

Post#157 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:34 pm

Made the mistake of listening to national media narrative...

I can't believe how many of them picked the Pacers and still have the Pacers now. Even Shaq is betting against us. If Hali was still on fire I would get it but what are they getting on? Siakam? Or they think GA is broken and won't play? Overthink?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,917

Post#158 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:36 pm

It's 2024 and we're still complaining about Brook above-the-break 3's despite a half decade's worth of evidence that his floor-spacing has benefits beyond the raw percentages.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#159 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:37 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:

Aside: Brook bomb if he know its going in.

Like Dame knew those shots that were going last night.

They put in the work. We need them both (Bobby/Brook) taking those shots at the right time. Its their shot. Get to your spots. Do your thing.

We had some play wrinkles with dudes cutting across the paint open.. it was Brook and Bev that seemed the most open on it and I'd like to see both of them get some catches there and see if anyone pops open underneath or just pump fake and take a dribble
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#160 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:56 pm

I haven't watched Indy much this end half... are they kind of in our boat where they saw an opportunity to pair Hali with a "superstar" but they lost a lot of 3 and D depth to get him? And Siakim is a bit softer on D then anticipated?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks