PG Indy Game 2: Series Tied 1-1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,604

Re: PG Indy Game 2: Series Tied 1-1 

Post#221 » by RogerMurdock » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:22 pm

rilamann wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:Point and yell at each other all you want about who should be picking up Haliburton, but at some point it should click in Middleton's head that he's the closer guy and either he picks up the ball or the Pacers get a wide open 3.

One of the reasons main reasons I gave the Bucks pretty much no chance in this series with or without Giannis is the fact that they still look completely lost and clueless defensively.

They looked good in Game 1. Not sure where that went.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,215

Post#222 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:24 pm

They don't look nearly as lost as before the firing. The D has basic competency now, they just are old and unathletic.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,301

Post#223 » by soboMP3 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:32 pm

I mean, the eye test says Indiana missed a ton of open shots in game 1... They didn't in game 2.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#224 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:43 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've said it a bunch of times before, but it must actually feel weird as an opponent playing against this Buck's defense. Some of these guys playing against the Buck's defense gotta be thinking in their heads... Thanks, but wtf are you doing?

This is why 75% of my posts are me clowning on the Bucks, it's too easy. I'm a Bucks fan, but I just can't help it.

I can totally relate relate to those guys in the video laughing their asses off.

:lol:
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Post#225 » by James1980 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:48 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:You guys advocating for Thanasis and Livingston have **** lost it. Crowder may kinda suck now but please just stop.

Crowder sucked, Brook and Middleton couldn't stay in front of Siakam, Livingston played defense the best against him, granted that was garbage time with Pacers starters still out there.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#226 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:06 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
rilamann wrote:
Ryan5UW wrote:Point and yell at each other all you want about who should be picking up Haliburton, but at some point it should click in Middleton's head that he's the closer guy and either he picks up the ball or the Pacers get a wide open 3.

One of the reasons main reasons I gave the Bucks pretty much no chance in this series with or without Giannis is the fact that they still look completely lost and clueless defensively.

They looked good in Game 1. Not sure where that went.

Me for the past 5 months: The Bucks are allergic to consistency.

Me right now: The Bucks are allergic to consistency.

The Bucks are a classic example of one of those teams that has stretches where they look like a contender, then have stretches where they look like an #8 seed. They just can't put anything positive together and sustain it.

It's been one their defining traits as a team all season.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#227 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:07 pm

soboMP3 wrote:I mean, the eye test says Indiana missed a ton of open shots in game 1... They didn't in game 2.

The Buck's defensive intensity and focus was noticeably better in game 1.

The Pacers missed some good looks in game 1, but that's because the Buck's defense was making the Pacer's offense actually have to work and expend energy and never let the Pacer's offense get into a good rhythm.

Open shots become tougher shots when your legs are tired. And you're going to force shots when you're tired. That's what the Buck's defense did to the Pacers in game 1.

In game 2 the Bucks played with zero defensive intensity and just let the Pacers walk into great looks and get into a great rhythm offensively.

You could tell early on last night that the Bucks were going to by 10+ just by the lack of defensive intensity.

That's why I jokingly said in the game thread after the 1st quarter last night.

The good news: Dame might score 60 tonight

The bad news: Dame is going have to score 70 for us to have have a chance.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#228 » by Sigra » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:19 pm

yannisk wrote:It does not seem that Giannis is coming back anytime soon. Giannis has played the most games and most minutes per game since 2017/2018, we should have protected him when it was known he was suffering from tendinopathy, instead we were trying to win some games that we were not even certain that would make our postseason path easier. Who knows maybe he would have got injured anyway but we look quite stupid how we handled his situation

True. And it is especially painfull because many of us beg to not do that.

But also many people on this board said "we dont know who is going to be on positions 5-8 so we should try to win and have home court advantage in first 2 rounds"

I said "we dont know who is going to be on positions 5-8 so keep our main guys healthy and rest them for playoffs".

It is such a pain when you beg "dont do it Bucks please" and Bucks do it anyway and entire season is lost when best player is injured. :(
rilamann
RealGM

Post#229 » by rilamann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:24 pm

One of my favorite things about the board this season has been how right on cue after every loss the We're old and unathletic excuse comes out.

We're old an unathletic when we lose to the Wizards and Raptors, but we're not old and unathletic when we blow out the Celtics and Thunder apparently or when we blow the Pacers out in game 1....lol

I wish just 1 time after we blew out Boston twice or when we blew out OKC someone would have been like We're old and unathletic, I can't believe we just somehow blew-out one of the best teams in the league again.

Just 1 time.

The Bucks are indeed old and they're not the most athletic team in the league.

But that's not why they are a major disappointment.

The Bucks are a disappointment because they are poorly coached and only show up when they feel like it, which is around 1 out of every 4 or 5 games.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#230 » by FrieAaron » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:27 pm

Sigra wrote:But also many people on this board said "we dont know who is going to be on positions 5-8 so we should try to win and have home court advantage in first 2 rounds"

I said "we dont know who is going to be on positions 5-8 so keep our main guys healthy and rest them for playoffs".

It is such a pain when you beg "dont do it Bucks please" and Bucks do it anyway and entire season is lost when best player is injured. :(

I don't think anyone on this board ever prioritized seeding over health.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,837

Post#231 » by TroyD92 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:02 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:You guys advocating for Thanasis and Livingston have **** lost it. Crowder may kinda suck now but please just stop.

You’re right, but kinda suck is a gross understatement
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,215

Post#232 » by DingleJerry » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:08 pm

rilamann wrote:One of my favorite things about the board this season has been how right on cue after every loss the We're old and unathletic excuse comes out.

We're old an unathletic when we lose to the Wizards and Raptors, but we're not old and unathletic when we blow out the Celtics and Thunder apparently or when we blow the Pacers out in game 1....lol

I wish just 1 time after we blew out Boston twice or when we blew out OKC someone would have been like We're old and unathletic, I can't believe we just somehow blew-out one of the best teams in the league again.

Just 1 time.

The Bucks are a disappointment because they are poorly coached and only show up when they feel like it, which is around 1 out of every 4 or 5 games.

I think they're old and unathletic at all times (especially without Giannis), even when they win. They have other strengths that let them still win a lot. Doesn't mean old and unathletic isn't their weakness though. But if you think Pat C, Khris, Pat Bev, Crowder, Beasley are on par/normal/avg with modern NBA wing athleticism and quickness hey that's fine. Then add in Brook vs modern bigs in that equation too.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,584

Post#233 » by Frank Nova » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:10 pm

5pt dogs already. I guess Vegas is predicting no Giannis for Friday. Not sure how I feel about that. Not sure this old and inconsistent group can win on the road like this.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#234 » by Fotis St » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:20 pm

rilamann wrote:One of my favorite things about the board this season has been how right on cue after every loss the We're old and unathletic excuse comes out.

Just 1 time.

I like your a analysis BUT I believe we are inconsistent cause we are unathletic. Even if Brook and Khris are coached their legs and lungs are dead.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,607

Post#235 » by PG Graveyard » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:50 pm

The Giannis injury must be worse than expected. Dame was only out 14 days with his and that was the regular season. Bummer
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#236 » by Mtsportsfan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:59 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes. Hope that's not true.

You can go to any arena or stadium across the land and there always is a douchbag in a crowd , hate to hear this but it's not anything new.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#237 » by Neuromancer56 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:24 pm

Clutchpoints is making it sound like Giannis might not be back for this series. https://clutchpoints.com/bucks-news-latest-giannis-antetokounmpo-injury-update-concern-potential-playoff-return
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,852

Post#238 » by blazza18 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:04 am

BigO wrote:BP was right with his statement on front runners, but it really applies to posters in this thread. What an abomination. This thread has it all:

2) Bashing BP post after post. I knew that was coming. The guys who have been silent for the past few months have now been let out of their cages. BP was not good, but his 14 and 11 (and minus 5 when he was on the court) was hardly the biggest issue.

Always get a laugh over the big Bobby Portis fan calling everyone out for their opinions.

Bobby was a huge issue last night. He would have been pulled had we had any actual depth on the bench. We don't have to talk about what he doesn't bring on defence but what really stood out was how selfishly he played on offense. He responded poorly to the chippyness of the game and tried to beat Indiana by himself and time after time it didn't work out for him.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,837

Post#239 » by TroyD92 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 am

Why wouldn’t we bash him if he sucked lmao. Only reason people have been silent is because this team has been terrible to watch and most of us have lives.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#240 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 am

blazza18 wrote:
BigO wrote:BP was right with his statement on front runners, but it really applies to posters in this thread. What an abomination. This thread has it all:

2) Bashing BP post after post. I knew that was coming. The guys who have been silent for the past few months have now been let out of their cages. BP was not good, but his 14 and 11 (and minus 5 when he was on the court) was hardly the biggest issue.

Always get a laugh over the big Bobby Portis fan calling everyone out for their opinions.

Bobby was a huge issues last night. He would have been pulled had we had any actual depth on the bench. We don't have to talk about what he doesn't bring on defence but what really stood out was how selfishly he played on offense. He responded poorly to the chippyness of the game and tried to beat Indiana by himself and time after time it didn't work out for him.

imagine defending portis after a game like last night.

portis is the 2-4th guy off the bench on a good team. chess piece at best.

as a primary rotation player like hes forced to be now its not good. i think his monetary career would be best served on the hornets or wizards or some such. if there was ever an empty stats game it was last night.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks