ImageImage

PG Pacers Game 3: Loss

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Re: PG Pacers Game 3: Loss 

Post#281 » by skones » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 pm

JayMKE wrote:Giannis game isn't strictly based on athleticism and his production is at an all time high, it would be dumb to trade him and this franchise would never live it down. Trading Dame, Khris, Brook is easy, they aint winning ****. Dame isn't leading this team to **** on his own, he can score but that's not enough and his production is quickly falling.

Yes it is. Like who are we kidding here? He's 6'11 gets down hill and bullies you. His game hasn't evolved the way we had all hoped. He's gotten better at what he does well, but his skillset just never really expanded into more shooting, finesse, post skill etc. He's completely incapable playing off ball because he has no **** clue what to do. Why didn't Dame and Giannis take off as a pair? Giannis is the culprit. And we just watched a year of basketball that shows why Giannis won't age well. He COULD if he wanted to be a dominant roll man, but he won't. He'll keep doing the same thing he's always done while the impact and efficiency declines.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#282 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:14 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:Let's think the unthinkable. Giannis' game is almost strictly based on athleticism. Players like that do not age gracefully. Their production quickly falls off a cliff. See Westbrook. Should we sell high on Giannis?

He's the best ball handling 7 footer ever. He's incredibly skilled. His game will age terrifically, because he won't get any shorter.

You know ball brother, Giannis will age gracefully. If you know you know, the work ethic is why he's good in the first place
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Post#283 » by Bernman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

AJJ had 4 fouls in 17 minutes. He couldn't play that much more than he did, legally. He's a bench spark. Keep playing him that way. To become more, he's got to anticipate better, try layups, and hit 3's respectably; to consistently have a positive impact.

Playoff Pat does similar things, w/ not quite the athleticism, but more polish, & skill. I think that's the starting play. He only played 13 minutes. Just averaging 18 in the series. Last year he averaged in the 20's, w/ better options competing.

Dame-Green-Patty-$-Brook would be my starting lineup (sans Giannis). There's a notion we can't play Green and Patty together, but AJ's top 2 lineups include Patty, but they have a +66 and +35 net rating.

This does help us get rebounds/loose balls, unlike Frank believes. Being big doesn't help you overall if you can't move, jump, or catch. Better hope the ball comes right to you unpressured. A guard is the #1 guy who gave them fits, next a tweener fw.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,743

Post#284 » by msiris » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

People get blinded by one game and it was a loss. Lol
Ride the tank
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#285 » by Isocleas2 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:15 pm

Incredibly impressed by the Bucks, they gave them a fight for their lives even with middleton/Lillard nursing injuries. I hope they didn't gas themselves too badly or Sunday could be ugly.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#286 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:16 pm

msiris wrote:People get blinded by one game and it was a loss. Lol

Blinded? I expected to lose by 30 yesterday I said it at the start of the GT :lol: We just know we have guys who can play after that game and we're looking at Giannis like " :( "
msiris
RealGM

Post#287 » by msiris » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:

Blinded? I expected to lose by 30 yesterday I said it at the start of the GT :lol: We just know we have guys who can play after that game and we're looking at Giannis like " :( "
The effort was there but down the stretch we didnt execute to finish them off. It was poor shot selection, lack of rebounding and some poor d in spots did us in. Mids got lucky on the two bank in 3s. No way he was trying to do that.
Ride the tank
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#288 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:34 pm

msiris wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:

The effort was there but down the stretch we didnt execute to finish them off. It was poor shot selection, lack of rebounding and some poor d in spots did us in. Mids got lucky on the two bank in 3s. No way he was trying to do that.

What? He only banked in the last three and it was straight center from the top of the key, like a very bankable shot and that's one of the best shooters in the world.

Yes, we're playing without maybe the best player in the world. Just say you don't like the Bucks.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,763

Post#289 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm

JayMKE wrote:Giannis game isn't strictly based on athleticism and his production is at an all time high, it would be dumb to trade him and this franchise would never live it down. Trading Dame, Khris, Brook is easy, they aint winning ****. Dame isn't leading this team to **** on his own, he can score but that's not enough and his production is quickly falling.

Production quickly falling? He's been a ton 10 NBA player in the playoffs.
msiris
RealGM

Post#290 » by msiris » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:39 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Blinded? I expected to lose by 30 yesterday I said it at the start of the GT :lol: We just know we have guys who can play after that game and we're looking at Giannis like " :( "

What? He only banked in the last three and it was straight center from the top of the key, like a very bankable shot and that's one of the best shooters in the world.

Yes, we're playing without maybe the best player in the world. Just say you don't like the Bucks.
How dare you quesion my love for the Bucks sir. ( glove slap) LOL. I just want to get younger.
Ride the tank
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,629

Post#291 » by JayMKE » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm

skones wrote:

Yes it is. Like who are we kidding here? He's 6'11 gets down hill and bullies you. His game hasn't evolved the way we had all hoped. He's gotten better at what he does well, but his skillset just never really expanded into more shooting, finesse, post skill etc. He's completely incapable playing off ball because he has no **** clue what to do. Why didn't Dame and Giannis take off as a pair? Giannis is the culprit. And we just watched a year of basketball that shows why Giannis won't age well. He COULD if he wanted to be a dominant roll man, but he won't. He'll keep doing the same thing he's always done while the impact and efficiency declines.

Its only been the opposite, Giannis isn't as athletic now than he was in his early twenties but gotten more efficient every year and his value is more than just 3 steps from half court. Why did Dame/Giannis not take off as a pair? Mostly because the Bucks don't run a real offense and both guys need to pound the ball, however Giannis's stats got better while it was Dame who was greatly diminished impact & efficiency wise. You can't blame Giannis for Dame not being able to create or play off the dribble, Giannis & Khris play off each way better. You have to admit its a Dame issue. Giannis could conceivably change his game given his unique skillset and would still be effective especially more defensive & creation focused on offense if he can't beat guys off the dribble or muscle thru them. Career bad defender is always going to be a bad defender, especially so the older they get.

Bud was a great coach who made what he was given work and was a master of load management, he's basically everything the team needs and will be the best coach available while we're stuck with Doc Rivers who lives ISOing and running starters into the ground. :noway:
FREE GIANNIS
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#292 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:41 pm

msiris wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
msiris wrote: The effort was there but down the stretch we didnt execute to finish them off. It was poor shot selection, lack of rebounding and some poor d in spots did us in. Mids got lucky on the two bank in 3s. No way he was trying to do that.

How dare you quesion my love for the Bucks sir. ( glove slap) LOL. I just want to get younger.

Same, AJJ was the difference yesterday. Sorry my shtick is to be the resident Khris guy. Ik we're all Bucks fans here.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,763

Post#293 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm

MiltownMadness wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Like a year ago from now? We are in a way better situation. Can't be understated how good the timing of the Jrue trade was. The writing was on the wall that he was a sinking ship

Dame will be ultra valuable for the next 2-3 years, lets see how we use that.

Agree. The only disappointment is the work around the edges, but I'm encouraged by the development of AJG and AJJ. We have our core intact, have 2 worthwhile picks in the next draft, and our only free agents are has beens we'd like to replace.

All of this, plus we might win the title if we get through round one.

Hate to say it but we probably win that game yesterday if we traded Bobby for Grant Williams, and that would've been an awful trade. I think Bobby is the guy who you use to insert athleticism if this doesn't work out.

Williams is a terribly rebounder, while Bobby had 18 rebounds, and 17 points. Williams only skill is iso defense, but Bobby defended Siakam really well. Siakams scores came on the occasions when we switched.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,003

Post#294 » by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#295 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

You are right ... Game 1 W should have never happen
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#296 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

Bobby might've done fine on Siakam, but there's an open lane to the rim with 0 resistance whenever he is in the game. He is the type of player who can sabotage team defense especially if Giannis is out
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Post#297 » by Bernman » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

Doc has the excuses he wants, so may Horst.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#298 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

lmao
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,266

Post#299 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

Think this year has sucked so bad, we’ve lowered expections to where we are overjoyed with Middleton doing a great nostalgia act. Like seeing Mick Jagger belt out a great version of Jumpin Jack Flash at age 80.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#300 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

But he returned....rilamann will still tell you he is pouting and hates Milwaukee tho. Fool

Return to Milwaukee Bucks