Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#181 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

No idea how Doc would do in a front office role. But if moving there means bumping up Joerger to HC, I'd probably be ok with it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,625

Post#182 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:42 pm

Not only am I keeping Thanasis on the team if I'm the GM, I'm starting a campaign to get him on the All-Star team. Can you imagine him in that run-and-dunk, jack half court shots game? It would be incredible.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#183 » by The Wet Whistle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Since emunney mentioned him before, what would it take to get Mark Williams? Because I'm obsessed with the idea.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,695

Post#184 » by LuessiT » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:51 pm

Regarding Horst, I do believe the rumors. From how he got into the position he is to all the leaks over the years (lowest salary in the league when he got EotY, heavy influence of owners through the years), these stories coming out absolutely fit the bill. And transitioning from a team on a downswing and without final say to a team on an upswing with a recent history to pay employees top dollar with the ability to call all the shots seems to be a big step up.

Regarding the roster, I do think we could be going a lot of ways. Lillard has performed decently enough in the POs that I could see a team buying into him if we were to go that rout. Same for Middleton.
Bobby has had a strong regular season, especially in the games where Giannis was absent. There are definately teams out there thinking Bobby could perform in a bigger role.
Brook has had a subpar season imo, but his stats are fine. I do think he's easily moveable, though I doubt he's much more than neutral value.
All these players are moveable.

Then the question is what the offseason market is going to be. I feel like a lot of teams could be buying (Knicks, Magic, Pacers, 76ers, Thunder, Mavs, Rockets should all be looking to buy with a few wild cards like Cavs, Heat, Pistons, Pels, Lakers, Kings, Grizzlies, etc.) and in generally there are very few teams I see selling (probably Hawks, Nets, Wizzards). It probably shapes out to be a sellers market.

Most noteworthy there are a few teams that could possibly want to shake things up without the ability to necessarily buy. I doubt the Suns will want to go into next season with the same big three. I could see the Clippers trying to shuffle their aging stars into different aging stars (if they don't outright sell). If the Celtics don't make the finals, they might finally split the Jays. Again, looking like a lot of possibilities.
WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 41

Post#185 » by WeMajor34 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:21 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
WeMajor34 wrote:If Horst (or his replacement) continues to keep Pat C on this team into next season, I’m going to lose it.

9.5 mil a year for mediocre play that adds relatively nothing to our playoff rotation.

If he’s still here, he must have something over Horst or ownership. He was great in ‘21, but his effect on the court has decreased over each following season.

I agree, but what can you do? On his own nobody is going to trade for him with a player option in 25-26. His contract is essentially 2Y/19M. As PP said, have to hope to include him a bigger package trade somehow. Otherwise I think he is back.

I agree with you too, I just hope we can find a package for him. Obviously it’s a negative value contract that has a considerable amount of money still attached. Maybe a team like the Spurs would take him off our books for a 2nd. I’m dreading the likelihood he is back though.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,062

Post#186 » by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

One of you needs to become mega rich so you can buy the Bucks away from these owners. I can already see a scenario where Edens gets sick of this and sells his shares Haslem. Too many cooks in the kitchen and we're going to end up with Doc as POBO.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#187 » by BigO » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:No idea how Doc would do in a front office role. But if moving there means bumping up Joerger to HC, I'd probably be ok with it.

There's a lot of bad ideas in this thread; too many to respond to. But let's just take a few:

1) The problem is the coach, so let's have 50 posts about that. There's nothing that points to bad coaching decisions being the problem so far. I've mentioned a few I disagreed with, but that's a side show.

2) Horst wanted Atkinson and Doc was forced on him. A lot of you want to believe this, but of course, so far, there's no facts to support it. Again, it's a sideshow to the real issue, which is THE BUCKS BEST PLAYERS ARE INJURED. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. TEAMS WIN OR LOSE BASED ON WHO THEIR BEST PLAYERS ARE.

3) This is a corollary to #2. If your best players are what makes you a winner or loser, why spend so much time debating the bench? Is Denver's bench any good? No.

4) The truth is that the GM is the most important person on a team. I'd be pissed if Doc Rivers is made the GM. So until it happens, I assume it's another made up story for RealGM clicks.

I make these points knowing that there will still be thousands of posts until next season about irrelevant side shows. And yes, I am guilty of it too.

Lastly, knowing repetition is the only way sometimes to get through the noise, here it is again. The Bucks are losing because they are injured. I've said what they should do about it. But trading away their core is not a solution. Run it back with the suggestions I've made in other threads.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Post#188 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:26 pm

Matches Malone wrote:One of you needs to become mega rich so you can buy the Bucks away from these owners. I can already see a scenario where Edens gets sick of this and sells his shares Haslem. Too many cooks in the kitchen and we're going to end up with Doc as POBO.

I believe the ownership dynamic is much better with Haslam on board. With Lasry, he and Edens shared ownership duties and alternated the governorship. Lasry wanted to slash payroll, Edens didn't so Lasry bailed. Not only is Haslam fine with keeping payroll high he's also fine with letting Edens run things since Haslam is running the Browns. I think as long as Haslam owns the Browns he won't be interested in running the Bucks. Edens is a smart guy. Sure at some point he'll cash out but I'm hoping it's not for a long time and I certainly don't want Haslam to be the majority owner. I just want his checkbook.

Spending money alone isn't enough of course. Kohl spent plenty of money but almost always spent it poorly. I think there will be some fairly big changes this summer but not with the goal of slashing payroll.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#189 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:29 pm

Like I don't doubt Horts is selectively leaking (ayyyyy), but I do find it amusing he went from a petrified camera presence to savvy media manipulator in a scant few years. Inspiring!
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#190 » by msiris » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:30 pm

BigO wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:No idea how Doc would do in a front office role. But if moving there means bumping up Joerger to HC, I'd probably be ok with it.

There's a lot of bad ideas in this thread; too many to respond to. But let's just take a few:

1) The problem is the coach, so let's have 50 posts about that. There's nothing that points to bad coaching decisions being the problem so far. I've mentioned a few I disagreed with, but that's a side show.

2) Horst wanted Atkinson and Doc was forced on him. A lot of you want to believe this, but of course, so far, there's no facts to support it. Again, it's a sideshow to the real issue, which is THE BUCKS BEST PLAYERS ARE INJURED. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. TEAMS WIN OR LOSE BASED ON WHO THEIR BEST PLAYERS ARE.

3) This is a corollary to #2. If your best players are what makes you a winner or loser, why spend so much time debating the bench? Is Denver's bench any good? No.

4) The truth is that the GM is the most important person on a team. I'd be pissed if Doc Rivers is made the GM. So until it happens, I assume it's another made up story for RealGM clicks.

I make these points knowing that there will still be thousands of posts until next season about irrelevant side shows. And yes, I am guilty of it too.

Lastly, knowing repetition is the only way sometimes to get through the noise, here it is again. The Bucks are losing because they are injured. I've said what they should do about it. But trading away their core is not a solution. Run it back with the suggestions I've made in other threads.
And there is good chance they could be injured next year as well. I can see why people want to move on.
Ride the tank
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,062

Post#191 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:33 pm

Not specifically endorsing it, but here's your KD trade once he realizes it's his last, best chance at winning a ring:

MIL Out: Khris, Brook
MIL In: KD

OKC Out: #12
OKC In: Brook

PHX Out: KD
PHX In: Khris, #12

This gets the Suns underneath the 2nd apron. I think they'd do also do a straight KD for Khris/Brook swap if they can dump Nurkic to a 3rd team, but then you're probably throwing #23 in there (which I wouldn't be completely opposed to).
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,315

Post#192 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Not specifically endorsing it, but here's your KD trade once he realizes it's his last, best chance at winning a ring:

This gets the Suns underneath the 2nd apron. I think they'd do also do a straight KD for Khris/Brook swap if they can dump Nurkic to a 3rd team, but then you're probably throwing #23 in there (which I wouldn't be completely opposed to).

This would be a great trade for us. But Ishbia is looking at his sunk cost on acquiring Durant. Can’t see him doing anything for at least another year or two.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,253

Post#193 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:51 pm

Yea unless KD demands it and makes a fuss I don't think they do that yet. Really the Beal add made no sense for what they needed on that team (but they did get for next to nothing) and he should be the one they look to move for someone who fits better. But he has the connections to the management of PHX so that likely wouldn't happen either. Plus of course he had an injured bad year even further lowering has value. Weird spot for them to be in.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
BigO
Analyst

Post#194 » by BigO » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 pm

msiris wrote:
BigO wrote:

And there is good chance they could be injured next year as well. I can see why people want to move on.

That's a possibility, but less so if they take the right steps with he man one being adapting Giannis's game to limit the wear and tear (at least for the regular season).

I get that posters mistake activity ( trades) for actual progress.

What's baffling is that posters want to trade KM and Lopez because they are either always injured or too old.

So if it is a given that you can't win with those two, why would any team near a championship think differently than the high IQ posters on this board? KM is so much more valuable to the Bucks than he is to any other team.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#195 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:59 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Not specifically endorsing it, but here's your KD trade once he realizes it's his last, best chance at winning a ring:

Will Giannis allow it though? We already know he vetoed Khris for Jimmy. KD also just complained about not being featured enough on offense and he's going to join a team with Dame and Giannis? The egos are just too big with all these top players.

Also #12 for expiring 37 year old Brook Lopez? that's a hard sell.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#196 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:11 pm

Phoenix is in a much worse position than us and is gonna be the first team hit hard by the 2nd apron stuff though. They have a 1st round playoff exit core and zero flexibility. I think they'd have even talked themselves into running it back had their series been remotely competitive, but this is about as embarrassing an indictment on their process as you could have imagined. I'll believe this is a realistic scenario until I ultimately see what KD is traded for (because I think it's happening in the next 2-3 months). Again, would it be good for us? Maybe, probably, I don't know.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#197 » by pifhluk23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:23 pm

Who says No?

MIL Out: Giannis Brook Bobby Thanasis
MIL In : KD Allen Nurkic

Nurkic
KD
Middleton
Allen
Dame

Possibly the clutchest team ever assembled
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#198 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:26 pm

I don't want Durant at any cost. I don't want to cheer for him.
BigO
Analyst

Post#199 » by BigO » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:30 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Who says No?

Nurkic
KD
Middleton
Allen
Dame

Yep, when I think of clutch, I immediately think of Grayson Allen.

And when I think of horrific trades from now on, this will unfortunately be etched in my memory. Tell me you're a Suns fan and then I will understand.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#200 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:49 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Who says No?

Nurkic
KD
Middleton
Allen
Dame

Asks why OKC would give up a late-lotto pick in a weak draft for Brook, then presents this gem. Bravo.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks