Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#881 » by Daver » Wed May 8, 2024 1:55 pm

German Athens wrote:
Daver wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:#1
MKE: Carter Jr, Thybulle, Wiggins
OKC: Lopez, #23
ORL: Simons
PDX: Anthony, Connaughton, #12, ORL '25 1st (lottery protected)

MKE: Finney-Smith
BKN: Portis, Beauchamp

Lillard / Smith Jr (tMLE)
Thybulle / Green
Finney-Smith / Wiggins
Middleton / Jackson Jr / Oso (#33)
Giannis / Carter Jr

Has giannis ever stated that he doesnt play the 5 spot cause if its a dead no this trade is moot

It wouldn’t be moot at all. We’re returning a solid center in this deal. We could easily start WCJ alongside Giannis and have DFS come off the bench.

The point is we have the lineup versatility to better matchup with our opponent.

Thanks for setting me straight i didnt know WCJ was a center
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,638

Post#882 » by raferfenix » Wed May 8, 2024 2:06 pm

Biggest variable is Dame and whether the Giannis combo becomes Shaq/Kobe or just good.

Yes we need roster moves like Doc said. But he also emphasized Dame having a real offseason where he can train without fear of an injury blowing his trade demand.

Dame is the one leading this narrative. And he went so far as to say fans will be surprised to see how much the professional and personal challenges impacted him when he tears it up next season.

Read on Twitter
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,922

Post#883 » by fansinceforever » Wed May 8, 2024 2:06 pm

I understand Oklahoma City has a wealth of draft picks and they cant use them all but can someone explain why they want Brook Lopez?
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#884 » by raferfenix » Wed May 8, 2024 2:22 pm

Bucks have been linked to combo forwards for years now whether it be in the PJ / Semi / Crowder mold or reportedly Bojan / Jerami Grant / Grant Williams.

And now with Doc talking about ‘skilled athleticism’ it stands to reason we’ll want a forward that can move.

If Bobby is just better at the 4 that’s got to come into the equation for whether we deal or extend him as well.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,708

Post#885 » by machu46 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:24 pm

fansinceforever wrote:I understand Oklahoma City has a wealth of draft picks and they cant use them all but can someone explain why they want Brook Lopez?

The basic argument is they don’t have a real C on the team and while teams like Dallas can’t punish them for that, a team like Denver probably would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#886 » by tydett » Wed May 8, 2024 2:25 pm

fansinceforever wrote:I understand Oklahoma City has a wealth of draft picks and they cant use them all but can someone explain why they want Brook Lopez?

The idea is that OKC struggles with bigs, so Lopez might give them someone who can do that more than Chet until Chet can bulk up a bit.

But OKC is not interested in Lopez because a plodder disrupts the flow of their offense and defense. Gotta look elsewhere if they want to dump him.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,043

Post#887 » by Daver » Wed May 8, 2024 4:24 pm

raferfenix wrote:Biggest variable is Dame and whether the Giannis combo becomes Shaq/Kobe or just good.

Yes we need roster moves like Doc said. But he also emphasized Dame having a real offseason where he can train without fear of an injury blowing his trade demand.

Dame is the one leading this narrative. And he went so far as to say fans will be surprised to see how much the professional and personal challenges impacted him when he tears it up next season.

Read on Twitter

Yepper just a gut that this big 3 plus whoever else they bring in the midds giannis n dame are going to have a monster year
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,772

Post#888 » by jimmybones » Wed May 8, 2024 6:44 pm

Dame is saying everything I'd want to hear to feel comfortable and even excited to run back this main core plus whatever ancillary changes.

Definitely need more athletes that can move their feet and defend to occupy spots 5-10 on the roster and definitely open to going another route than Brook, but I don't see a major shakeup happening and I don't blame them. You have to give this group a real shot at it- age, injury concerns and all.

Dame having a full offseason and coming in in shape and motivated with a clear head and time to mesh with Giannis and the coaching staff is probably worth more than any other offseason move we can reasonably make, and he sounds committed to it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#889 » by buckboy » Wed May 8, 2024 6:53 pm

Not sure I agree that they'd want Brook, but they are TINY. Will be very interesting to see how they handle Minnesota's size if they play.

My prediction is that they'll wish they had Lopez, if only for one series. I think it'll be their undoing.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,369

Post#890 » by rilamann » Wed May 8, 2024 7:01 pm

I can't think of anything less exciting than running it back with 3 aging, injury prone players in their 30's.

Obviously, you keep Giannis.

But if I was GM of the Bucks, I wouldn't be able to trade Midds and Dame fast enough this off season.

Midds is physically incapable of playing B2Bs and misses multiple weeks every time he falls down and he's not getting any younger.

Dame can say all the right things and all the excuses in the world aren't going to stop him from turning 34 years old in 2 months. And that's before we get to the fact that he's a horrible fit next to Giannis, a volume shooter who couldn't guard the chair I am sitting in (To steal Jay Bilas' old line lol).

I can't think of a more futile endeavor than running it back with Giannis/Dame/Midds.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,326

Post#891 » by paulpressey25 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:31 pm

tydett wrote:But OKC is not interested in Lopez because a plodder disrupts the flow of their offense and defense. Gotta look elsewhere if they want to dump him.

This board in May 2009: "I don't like Richard Jefferson, so he has no trade value"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#892 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 8, 2024 7:38 pm

Lakers
Thunder
Orlando
Clippers
Houston
Pelicans
Suns

All teams that would probably be interested in making a 1-2 year investment in Brook and have the contracts to match. Brook showing he's still got it (19 PPG on 65% TS) in the playoffs is gonna keep him a valuable commodity to any playoff team looking for interior scoring and rim-protection.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#893 » by raferfenix » Wed May 8, 2024 7:40 pm

If we let Brook expire (or bring him back on a cheap deal) that'd certainly help us avoid the 2nd apron.

Big contrast btw that and giving Bobby a rich extension if we aren't sure he's the best fit in our system post-Dame.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#894 » by trwi7 » Wed May 8, 2024 8:02 pm

rilamann wrote:I can't think of anything less exciting than running it back with 3 aging, injury prone players in their 30's.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,922

Post#895 » by fansinceforever » Wed May 8, 2024 8:05 pm

rilamann wrote:I can't think of anything less exciting than running it back with 3 aging, injury prone players in their 30's.

But if I was GM of the Bucks, I wouldn't be able to trade Midds and Dame fast enough this off season.

Midds is physically incapable of playing B2Bs and misses multiple weeks every time he falls down and he's not getting any younger.

Dame can say all the right things and all the excuses in the world aren't going to stop him from turning 34 years old in 2 months. And that's before we get to the fact that he's a horrible fit next to Giannis, a volume shooter who couldn't guard the chair I am sitting in (To steal Jay Bilas' old line lol).

I can't think of a more futile endeavor than running it back with Giannis/Dame/Midds.

Sure you can... Running it back with Giannis/Dame/Midds AND Brook.

I tend to agree with this. I'm going to attempt to remain as optimistic as some are around here that we can turn Brook, Bobby, Pat, Marjon, 23 and 33 (hopefully not another future 1st) into 2-3 good players that fit better.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#896 » by stillgotgame » Wed May 8, 2024 8:14 pm

buckboy wrote:

Not sure I agree that they'd want Brook, but they are TINY. Will be very interesting to see how they handle Minnesota's size if they play.

My prediction is that they'll wish they had Lopez, if only for one series. I think it'll be their undoing.

Except they're not tiny. Just thin and light which makes them quick. They move much quicker than a heavy, slow plodding team like us.
Basketball is played with your hands, height to the top of your head doesn't matter. Practical size of an NBA player is their height up to their shoulders plus arm length. OKC players have very long arms:

Chet has a 7'6"wingspan
Jalen Williams wingspan is 7'2", incredible
Shai is 6'11"
Lu Dort 6'8.5"
Giddey 6'7.5"
Aaron Wiggins off the bench 6'11"

This is a very long team.
MuckyFingers
Junior
And1: 180

Post#897 » by MuckyFingers » Wed May 8, 2024 8:18 pm

I agree but also think there's no way out of it. The only thing they can do from a cap perspective is trade Portis as he's the only viable asset they can trade (maybe Brook to a lesser extent, but you have to take on long-term salary to move him). No team exists that will trade young assets for two years of a $65 million part-time player in Khris Middleton. When Horst hired Doc, this organization signed up for at least two more years of these guys and now they have to pray everyone's healthy next April. There are no big trades in the offing and anyone who thinks there are is engaging in magical thinking.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#898 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 8, 2024 8:23 pm

MuckyFingers wrote:

I agree but also think there's no way out of it. The only thing they can do from a cap perspective is trade Portis as he's the only viable asset they can trade (maybe Brook to a lesser extent, but you have to take on long-term salary to move him). No team exists that will trade young assets for two years of a $65 million part-time player in Khris Middleton. When Horst hired Doc, this organization signed up for at least two more years of these guys and now they have to pray everyone's healthy next April. There are no big trades in the offing and anyone who thinks there are is engaging in magical thinking.

YUP.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#899 » by German Athens » Wed May 8, 2024 8:23 pm

Mke: Stewart, Hunter, Caruso, Dyson Daniels
Atl: BI, Livingston
Nop: Dejountae, Brook, ATL 1st
Det: Bobby, Pat, #33
Chi: Marjon, Grimes, #23

Dame/Dyson
Caruso/AJ
Midds/Dre
Hunter
Giannis/Stewart
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#900 » by buckboy » Wed May 8, 2024 8:33 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Except they're not tiny. Just thin and light which makes them quick. They move much quicker than a heavy, slow plodding team like us.
Basketball is played with your hands, height to the top of your head doesn't matter. Practical size of an NBA player is their height up to their shoulders plus arm length. OKC players have very long arms:

Chet has a 7'6"wingspan
Jalen Williams wingspan is 7'2", incredible
Shai is 6'11"
Lu Dort 6'8.5"
Giddey 6'7.5"
Aaron Wiggins off the bench 6'11"

This is a very long team.

Tiny in terms of big guys. They don't have any. Define it any way you want, but they're going to get abused inside.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks