ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,633

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#241 » by raferfenix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:54 pm

blazza18 wrote:Credit to Jon Horst for only hiring coaches he didn't want.

Horst pulled off the Dame trade and even had a nice pick up of Pat Bev at the deadline.

Not enough to fix the roster problems in time but a fine capstone.

Jon got Giannis to extend which is what mattered most. Giannis wanted a former player as a coach, and when Horst was denied Nick Nurse, Griffin (with Stotts as a babysitter) somehow became the compromise.

Doc vs Atkinson was probably viewed differently after the Grief catastrophe while Horst felt like he earned the ability to push back on Giannis.

Stands to reason ownership did not agree. And if Rivers has the cache to hold Giannis and Dame accountable while resetting the roster and style of play they’ll be right. We shall see.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,935

Post#242 » by emunney » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:01 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
emunney wrote:
But are all the other posts where he's been saying Giannis is the problem with our team and we need to trade him also a joke? This is just the culmination of an epic run of rancid takes.

I wish you all could read, not a single post have I said Giannis is the problem. Every post I've made about trading Giannis is based on the fact that I don't think the team can compete for a title anymore and thus trading everyone now extracts max value before next offseason when Dame Middleton and whoever else are worth 50% of what they are now and Giannis worth 20% less.

I'm going to quote so many posts Spring 2025 when we are ousted in the 2nd round and now everyone is worth nothing compared to what they are now. This team is on the edge of becoming as bad as PHX situation and only a handful of you can see it.

But you think trading Giannis for for the Phoenix situation fixes our situation?

Wish you could read. He didn't say it fixes our situation, he's just about extracting max value.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#243 » by raferfenix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:09 pm

Brook’s been an iron man stellar defending stretch 5 for a few years now. Like so many others he tends to play best when his contact is ending too.

Whoever has him would be able to let him walk if the wheels fall off but will also have his bird rights if they don’t. Retaining him on a decreased salary would cut cap as well.

Basically I have a hard time seeing the Bucks trading Lopez on the cheap even if we want to move him to more of a 6th man role. That said it’s def plausible a team will value BroLo enough to make it worth it.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#244 » by raferfenix » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:33 pm

Middleton playing so well vs Indiana likely has teams viewing him at least as a Robert Horry style playoff assassin regular season be damned.

That’s worth plenty on the open market but also to the Bucks. Especially when Giannis and Dame get hurt at the wrong time.

Bobby and Middleton both failing to play defense makes it tough to cover for Dame. When we had Jrue and PJ that wasn’t as much of an issue. But relying on Beasley in this context was a predictable and predicted disaster.

Brook’s D is worth that much more to us if we still have 2 core guys who slack on that end (at the moment we have 4). However if we keep Lopez we’d need athletes to make up for how lumbering our front court has gotten aside from Giannis.

Am feeling like the combo of Khris and Bobby just doesn’t make sense with Dame vs what we could get in return. And the pairing of Bobby and BroLo may be a luxury we can’t afford depending on what else we’d be getting.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#245 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

Whether its tonight or game 6, it feels like the end of an era somewhat.

I can't control how I feel but I feel like the window is closed. Don't know where they go from here. Running it back is probably what makes the most sense on paper but the oldest team being a year older doesn't give me much hope when trying to win a young man's game.
Do it for Chuck
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,042

Post#246 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm

Look for the teams that will wanna cut payroll and stay below the tax threshold. That's why I still like the Brook for Cam Johnson trade, and the Nets also have DFS who'd fit perfectly here. I wouldn't like either but that's why it also made sense that we were in on Kuzma and Wiggins at the deadline. Wonder if they revisit the Murray stuff as well. Would need to get creative with a 3rd team involved, but the Hawks are projected at just $8 million under the tax next season with 10-players under contract.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#247 » by BigO » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:43 pm

Other than having a deeper bench, there is no roster problem to fix. There is an injury problem that is addressable. The Bucks have championship level talent.

I get it that guys want to play fantasy basketball, so go at it. If the Bucks bow out tonight or the next game, I'll bow out for the off-season, unless there are actual roster moves.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#248 » by fansinceforever » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm

There's no such thing as a healthy Khris Middleton anymore. Brook isn't nearly as effective and the team collectively has no ability to keep decent offensive teams from scoring at will.

We have a bigger problem than just our role players.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#249 » by stillgotgame » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 pm

Matches Malone wrote:POPO: Doc Rivers
GM: Milt Newton
Coach: Darvin Ham

Your 2024-2025 Milwaukee Bucks. Welcome to Hell. :cry:

This is where my brain goes when I can't sleep.

AJJ to Golden State for Chris Paul incoming :lol:
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,691

Post#250 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Look for the teams that will wanna cut payroll and stay below the tax threshold. That's why I still like the Brook for Cam Johnson trade, and the Nets also have DFS who'd fit perfectly here. I wouldn't like either but that's why it also made sense that we were in on Kuzma and Wiggins at the deadline. Wonder if they revisit the Murray stuff as well. Would need to get creative with a 3rd team involved, but the Hawks are projected at just $8 million under the tax next season with 10-players under contract.

I posted the other day that Cam is a logical fit, especially if we want more Giannis at the 5 lineups.
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#251 » by ABucksFan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:01 pm

Any way to get KD without giving up Giannis and Dame? Might as well go out in a blaze
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#252 » by giannis and 1 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:09 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:POPO: Doc Rivers
GM: Milt Newton
Coach: Darvin Ham

Your 2024-2025 Milwaukee Bucks. Welcome to Hell. :cry:

This is where my brain goes when I can't sleep.

Darvin is a good coach who will inevitably be the next in a long list of Lebron scapegoat firings. There are definitely much worse outcomes than this.

Darvin Ham is a terrible coach.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#253 » by giannis and 1 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:46 am

ABucksFan wrote:Any way to get KD without giving up Giannis and Dame? Might as well go out in a blaze

Middleton
Portis
Connaughton
Beauchamp
2024 1st (we would have to make the pick for them)
2024 Portland 2nd

for

KD
Little
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,180

Post#254 » by theFireBlanket » Wed May 1, 2024 11:22 am

They could call up, proposing the Middleton for KD swap & I'd pretty much immediately hang up on James Jones. Just to establish that Khris is a Buck for life & he's more valuable to the franchise than an older KD ever would be.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,180

Post#255 » by theFireBlanket » Wed May 1, 2024 11:24 am

fansinceforever wrote:There's no such thing as a healthy Khris Middleton anymore. Brook isn't nearly as effective and the team collectively has no ability to keep decent offensive teams from scoring at will.

Yet Khris plays more PO games than Giannis over the stretch of being Central Division Champs. Hm.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,916

Post#256 » by fansinceforever » Wed May 1, 2024 12:29 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:There's no such thing as a healthy Khris Middleton anymore. Brook isn't nearly as effective and the team collectively has no ability to keep decent offensive teams from scoring at will.

Yet Khris plays more PO games than Giannis over the stretch of being Central Division Champs. Hm.

I love Khris but you don't think him being out and Giannis being forced to shoulder a heavier load contributed to this years calf strain?

Other than injury, you're not gonna find a ton of KM slander from me.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,824

Post#257 » by SirChurros » Wed May 1, 2024 1:32 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

I love Khris but you don't think him being out and Giannis being forced to shoulder a heavier load contributed to this years calf strain?

Somehow finding a way to blame Khris for Giannis’ injury is something on Bucks RealGM would do.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,935

Post#258 » by emunney » Wed May 1, 2024 1:53 pm

fansinceforever wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

No way -- the premise is not true. Usage was way down this year with Dame in the fold, and Khris played a lot more than last year. Much lighter load.

If there's no such thing as a healthy Khris Middleton anymore, I'll take the unhealthy one.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#259 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed May 1, 2024 1:58 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I thought Marjon looked really small and thin last night. He's at almost 2 years of access to NBA strength and conditioning. It's possible he's working his tail off, and some guys have a really difficult time adding weight.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#260 » by MiltownMadness » Wed May 1, 2024 2:20 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I thought Marjon looked really small and thin last night. He's at almost 2 years of access to NBA strength and conditioning. It's possible he's working his tail off, and some guys have a really difficult time adding weight.

Might be easier for him to gain weight in the offseason. Its not funny the amount of food a 6'6 23 year old with NBA conditioning needs to gain weight.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks