ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#821 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 7, 2024 5:49 am

They need to figure out defense too.. everytime the other team hits another wide open 3 our team is all looking at each other confused like was that my guy or yours?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#822 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 6:08 am

-Jragon- wrote:My main point isn't about the stats. My main thing is there's more to fix here than replacing Beas with a different MLE guy. There are some deeper issues here effecting us.

Nah you've had like one main point this whole time and that's that Khris Middleton doesn't work with our other stars and it's been stupid at every point so that you move the goal posts so far down the field that now we're at this point.

Also still have yet to see one meaningful post by you of what you would do to fix all these problems, just that everyone else is stupid for thinking we could do it with Khris.

Because really for me it comes down to what the loudest Khris canaries are saying they'd move Khris for. We've been down the mine shaft before and people came back up with Bojan and Harrison Barnes and with the way you guys are squawking, I don't think we're too far from hearing how 2024 Harrison Barnes and Kevin Huerter would be a good haul for hobbled old Khris. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys are more in Wiggins/Warriors picks type ideas that people can get behind even if they love Khris but so far I've seen one name from ya'll and it was to pair and I quote "the worst defender since Glenn Robinson who no team can build around" with one of the worst young defensive guards in the entire league so honestly, I just don't really think ya'll are serious, ya just want him gone.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 260

Post#823 » by yb90 » Tue May 7, 2024 6:30 am

If Minny continues to beat up on Denver they could be another team who could want Bobby Portis especially with Jokic comments about needing help when he sits. They are the win now team who could throw multiple 1sts to get a big like Bobby to stabilize their bench.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,959

Post#824 » by Jez2983 » Tue May 7, 2024 7:05 am

-Jragon- wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Also feels like since it's only 15 games that the numbers could get skewed by a few blowouts against scrub teams or teams sitting their stars. Plus some high level front runner 3 pnt shooting could skew that. 50+ point games by GA could skew that.

Where do you even pull these numbers from? 15 games? They played 42 games together. The 5 man starters unit with them played 39 games and had the 7th most minutes together of any lineup in the league.

They said 750 min .. I divided by 48.. so it's equivalent of 15 games. Seems a small sample size to me. Our 3 main guys didn't get tons of meaningful work together.

Ah yes, the old well-known metric of 'if everyone played every minute possible of every game they played together'. I am unfamiliar with this useful and relevant metric.

Children, this is how we misuse statistics.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,682

Post#825 » by -Jragon- » Tue May 7, 2024 7:12 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:My main point isn't about the stats. My main thing is there's more to fix here than replacing Beas with a different MLE guy. There are some deeper issues here effecting us.

Nah you've had like one main point this whole time and that's that Khris Middleton doesn't work with our other stars and it's been stupid at every point so that you move the goal posts so far down the field that now we're at this point.

Also still have yet to see one meaningful post by you of what you would do to fix all these problems, just that everyone else is stupid for thinking we could do it with Khris.

Because really for me it comes down to what the loudest Khris canaries are saying they'd move Khris for. We've been down the mine shaft before and people came back up with Bojan and Harrison Barnes and with the way you guys are squawking, I don't think we're too far from hearing how 2024 Harrison Barnes and Kevin Huerter would be a good haul for hobbled old Khris. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys are more in Wiggins/Warriors picks type ideas that people can get behind even if they love Khris but so far I've seen one name from ya'll and it was to pair and I quote "the worst defender since Glenn Robinson who no team can build around" with one of the worst young defensive guards in the entire league so honestly, I just don't really think ya'll are serious, ya just want him gone.

You're right, I don't have specifics on how to fix things. In my long post I outlined a ton of problems and they are with the coaching and all of the players including Giannis because it has to do with decision making, sloppy play and lacking fundamentals. Do I know if Doc is the answer? No. Roster-wise, I'd like to see GA and Dolla surrounded by defensive guys that can hit 3s or slash and find open players effectively. Id go younger and faster instead of Huerter/Bogdan. You can decide if Bobby, Brook and Khash fit into that or will choose to embody that role. . Any roster changes aren't going to matter if our defense still leaves wide open shooters and doesn't contest shots/box out so problem 1 remains - coaching (or us responding to coaching). Getting more "dogs" with a defensive mentality that take pride in their defense might fix it but idk. Have a good spring.
pilprin
Pro Prospect
And1: 87

Post#826 » by pilprin » Tue May 7, 2024 11:43 am

It will be interesting if they take the run it back with spare parts adjusted or if they will be more aggressive and move pieces that may hurt a little. I’m guessing they will go spare parts adjustment…they don’t have a ton of easily movable assets
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,158

Post#827 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue May 7, 2024 1:00 pm

So I'm not advocating this, but Ben Simmons is no longer a bad contract ....
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#828 » by Frank Nova » Tue May 7, 2024 1:03 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
emunney wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:Maybe this is a stupid question but can you be POBO and head coach?

Sadly yes.

Maybe Horst is posturing for that role.

I was more thinking if Horst takes the Detroit job, does that leave Doc for a promotion already and sticking as HC. I didn’t know if you could be both. Is there a list of POBOs that also are/were HCs too?
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#829 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 7, 2024 1:06 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
emunney wrote:
Sadly yes.

Maybe Horst is posturing for that role.

I was more thinking if Horst takes the Detroit job, does that leave Doc for a promotion already and sticking as HC. I didn’t know if you could be both. Is there a list of POBOs that also are/were HCs too?

Mike Budenholzer did it I know.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,648

Post#830 » by raferfenix » Tue May 7, 2024 1:07 pm

PP25 some pages ago brought back the Caruso scenario of something around Connaughton and picks.

Before the deadline there was talk of how the Bulls didn’t want to trade him or were insisting on a Jrue-level haul in return. But it’s Chicago so certainly could be fluff, and he’ll soon be on an ending contract if he isn’t given the fat extension he’s undoubtedly seeking.

That and the Bucks can trade our 2024 first after we make it now (in addition to the Portland 2nd). I don’t think we’d put the 1 future first we can newly deal on the table but not my call. More likely imo if we need more assets and he’s the target it could be part of a bigger deal liquidating Bobby or Brook. Also MarJon if they want him.

So caveats aside: how much would Caruso move the needle?
ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Post#831 » by ABucksFan » Tue May 7, 2024 1:13 pm

Ive seen enough. Horst Out, Connelly In
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,405

Post#832 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:36 pm

raferfenix wrote:

He'd be very helpful, but I wouldn't put more than Pat and our 2024 #1 on the table for him. But doubt the Bulls take that, because they seem to be in a Herb Kohl "win now" mode.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,018

Post#833 » by emunney » Tue May 7, 2024 1:58 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

He'd be very helpful, but I wouldn't put more than Pat and our 2024 #1 on the table for him. But doubt the Bulls take that, because they seem to be in a Herb Kohl "win now" mode.

Karnisovas' postseason comments opened the door to a rebuild for the first time, and that leads me to believe that's where they're headed. If they are, we should make a play for Caruso and I'd be on board with that offer. If they're not, we need to snake Terry before he breaks out.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,341

Post#834 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 7, 2024 2:12 pm

Caruso and Terry for Pat, Marjon, and the two Bucks picks work.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#835 » by German Athens » Tue May 7, 2024 2:19 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

Karnisovas' postseason comments opened the door to a rebuild for the first time, and that leads me to believe that's where they're headed. If they are, we should make a play for Caruso and I'd be on board with that offer. If they're not, we need to snake Terry before he breaks out.

I’m with you on Terry still. He’s such a unique player. He’s got the size and length defensively, very nice vision, but the skill that really sets him apart for me is his handle.

He’s crafty, and can mix up the cadence on his euro steps really well that allow him to get all the way to the hoop when it looks like there’s no lane. Put all those tools/skills together, and he’s got a number of ways he can develop into being a high level player.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,724

Post#836 » by machu46 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:36 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
raferfenix wrote:

I immediately think of Rozier when I see the name Terry. I think Dalen needs to be referred to by his full name lol.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,197

Post#837 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 7, 2024 2:39 pm

I've resigned myself to the idea of Pat or Bobby plus the rest of our draft picks for Caruso. As underwhelming as I think it is, he does help the team in some crucial areas. The problem is if you make that move, you basically have to commit to giving him that 4-yr $80 million Josh Hart extension. Which uh....woof.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,627

Post#838 » by PG Graveyard » Tue May 7, 2024 2:45 pm

I just don’t trust Caruso to stay healthy.
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#839 » by German Athens » Tue May 7, 2024 2:49 pm

raferfenix wrote:PP25 some pages ago brought back the Caruso scenario of something around Connaughton and picks.

Before the deadline there was talk of how the Bulls didn’t want to trade him or were insisting on a Jrue-level haul in return. But it’s Chicago so certainly could be fluff, and he’ll soon be on an ending contract if he isn’t given the fat extension he’s undoubtedly seeking.

That and the Bucks can trade our 2024 first after we make it now (in addition to the Portland 2nd). I don’t think we’d put the 1 future first we can newly deal on the table but not my call. More likely imo if we need more assets and he’s the target it could be part of a bigger deal liquidating Bobby or Brook. Also MarJon if they want him.

He would help quite a bit. Think about Dre and Bev in the playoffs, and how their energy changed things for us at times, but he’s a better on-ball defender than either of them, and also has that frenetic team defense activity like we had with Donte.

I think if we keep Brook, thybulle could be close to as valuable, and cheaper to acquire, because I think he’s likely a better defender when trailing the play, but if we move off brook, then Caruso gains value to us.

We shouldn’t just go out and get him though, we should further revamp our defense. Ideally, IMO, with a perimeter defender like him, a combo forward to help us play small ball that’s better than a minimum signing (please allocate resources to this role), and a big to bang with the big centers but still hopefully a little more mobile on defense.

Some Targets:

Perimeter defender:
Caruso, thybulle

Combo forward:
Cam Johnson, Deandre hunter, Eason

Center:
WCJ, Stewart, Adams
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#840 » by German Athens » Tue May 7, 2024 2:54 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:I just don’t trust Caruso to stay healthy.

This is my biggest worry with him.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks