ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 258

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#601 » by yb90 » Sun May 5, 2024 4:28 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Here’s my Mids for Giddy pitch.

Guy is 21 years old. 6-8”. He’s looking like a young Kukoc and fits perfectly next to SGA (cough, Dame).

His three ball is coming around and he shot 53% from two this year. His TS was .547% up from .478% his rookie year. His shooting trajectory keeps getting better.

Career high in points: 31
Career high in rebounds: 18
Career high in assists: 17
11 triple doubles to his name so far

And as you guys all laugh, the reality is that Presti probably doesn’t do the deal, based on Midds age and injuries. The only way it gets done is if OKC can’t afford to pay the tax in future years.

Even though I am the one that brought Giddey as a crazy idea and is not one I really like without sweeteners. Giddey is like you said and the hope is he takes another step like Avidja did and turn into a better rebounding and passing Franz Wagner. Even if he doesn't become an avg 3pt what he really need to improve to help his game is his FT rate and finish better. Like I said before, I think he will need the ball to do that. Detroit, Utah, Wash, or Chicago would be decent places. Even if OKC threw in Wallace or Joe, Wiggins, and Jaylin I don't think it would be a good deal.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,330

Post#602 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 5:15 am

German Athens wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
German Athens wrote:
I’m just want to know what their interest is. If they value him, and see Duren as their 5 of the future, that probably means Stewart is available, right?

Bobby, pat, 33

For

Stewart, grimes

Was literally building this exact trade tied into the Houston idea.

MKE: Stewart, Adams, Landale, Eason, Grimes
DET: Portis, Connaughton, #33
HOU: Lopez, #23 (or MKE '31 protected 1st)

Maybe throw in MJB to Detroit to save a little money. Not sure if it's close, Houston would be dumb to trade Eason.

Much of my thought process this off-season is leaning into more Giannis at the 5, and then surrounding him with more defensively versatile front court partners.

Once Stewart is brought in, I’d lose interest in adams and landale. Eason would be a dream though.

Giannis, Eason, Stewart would be a really fun front court rotation. Ideally the remainder of the salary brought back would fortify the perimeter D - I don’t think grimes would be enough.

Yeah, Adams and Landale are more or less the cost of doing business there to match salaries. Maybe try to reroute them. OKC might take Adams for a few 2nds to give us more cap relief.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,762

Post#603 » by DanoMac » Sun May 5, 2024 5:46 am

Diggr14 wrote:I have a feeling Giannis is going to be asking out this summer and we have blown all our picks making him happy.

This isnt lining up well for a rebuild or anything for a long while if that is the case.

Assuming you missed this..

Read on Twitter
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,203

Post#604 » by RRyder823 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:17 am

Diggr14 wrote:We really need to stop trading 1sts at this point. It's either this year or next year where this team is getting gutted.
Next year is probably the last year our window will be open in my lifetime no matter whether we trade 23 or not

If you can get a player that helps for 23 next season you **** do it

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,323

Post#605 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2024 7:55 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:Paul Pressey the 25th of Milwuakee's plan to not "Glenn Robinson" the Bucks, trade Dame and Midds for Josh Giddey and Tyler Herro.

Nah, you’re red herring it and missing the point. If you do the Giddey deal, you obviously keep Dame. And yes, Midds played fantastic against Indiana, but if we assume Giannis and Dame are healthy, Midds isn’t getting to play point forward and have that much usage. At that point, I’d much rather have a high BBIQ twenty one year old Giddey, where you offload the Midds injury risk.

On the Dame TI, it’s not as much about Herro, as it is getting Jaime and Jovic.

I understand the nostalgia is strong to keep the Giannis, Dame, Middleton core in place. But that cements this team as Clippers east in my opinion. Somewhere we’ve got to take a flyer on some young guys who might break out around Giannis
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,330

Post#606 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 8:25 am

Giddey would be a pretty awesome offensive fit, theoretically. Elite BBIQ and vision, has developed into a solid C&S guy, can cut and drive. Ball mover that could thrive in transition with Giannis. He is still at his best with the ball in his hands, though.

However, Khris does most of what Giddey does, but better. Giddey is younger, more durable, with better natural feel as a handler/passer. Both stink on defense. Khris has a killer instinct and an ability to get to his spots in the halfcourt in a way that Giddey will never have.

IDK. Which risk is greater between counting on Khris's health, being available as another legit closer or Giddey not shrinking under the bright lights, providing little offense?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,257

Post#607 » by Sigra » Sun May 5, 2024 8:53 am

counting on Khris's health is 100% emotions and 0% reason. We have seen so many players with that "lazy body' in their 30s Redd included. Its going to be worse with every new year. And I said that 2 years ago.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#608 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 9:59 am

paulpressey25 wrote:If you do the Giddey deal, you obviously keep Dame. And yes, Midds played fantastic against Indiana, but if we assume Giannis and Dame are healthy, Midds isn’t getting to play point forward and have that much usage. At that point, I’d much rather have a high BBIQ twenty one year old Giddey, where you offload the Midds injury risk.

This rationale is honestly even more insane to me. Like the reason you want to move from Dame largely is he's a defensive liability. Then you trade for his backcourt mate and that guy is just as much of a liability. A rationale for trading Middleton is removed playmaking when Dame and Giannis are around, now you want to trade him for a guy whose biggest strength BY FAR is playmaking. Like both of those reasons are why Giddey has seen his minutes drop and the Thunder invested in a guy basically the complete opposite, which speaking of a young guy who makes a ton of sense to hopefully invest in early around Dame/Giannis, Cason Wallace might be that guy. To me a lot of these Khris/Dame deals I've seen thrown around come with so much hypocrisy layered in that it's crazy. To me all this is just Bojan Bogdanovic and Harrison Barnes with a different bow.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,708

Post#609 » by machu46 » Sun May 5, 2024 11:08 am

I've admittedly never been a Giddey guy dating back to when he was a prospect, so probably no surprise here that I think a Middleton-Giddey swap is a dreadful idea. Swapping Middleton out for a guy that defenses can ignore and offenses can target is not what I'm trying to put around Dame/Giannis.

As has been the case for a few years, I'm not totally against trading Middleton, but we have to be able to do better than this.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#610 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 11:50 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Paul Pressey the 25th of Milwuakee's plan to not "Glenn Robinson" the Bucks, trade Dame and Midds for Josh Giddey and Tyler Herro.

Nah, you’re red herring it and missing the point. If you do the Giddey deal, you obviously keep Dame. And yes, Midds played fantastic against Indiana, but if we assume Giannis and Dame are healthy, Midds isn’t getting to play point forward and have that much usage. At that point, I’d much rather have a high BBIQ twenty one year old Giddey, where you offload the Midds injury risk.

On the Dame TI, it’s not as much about Herro, as it is getting Jaime and Jovic.

I understand the nostalgia is strong to keep the Giannis, Dame, Middleton core in place. But that cements this team as Clippers east in my opinion. Somewhere we’ve got to take a flyer on some young guys who might break out around Giannis

Why not use the 2 1sts we can trade and Bobby to acquire help rather than ruining the team?

As for the Middleton stuff, it's become hilarious that we're now 8 years into the "Middleton isn't going to age well" takes, he just dominated in the playoffs again, and yet people won't admit how completely wrong they were.

Also how the hell are we the Clippers? Did they have the best lineup in the league, by far? Did they, despite an in season coaching change, comfortably beat every so called contender in the 2nd half of the season?

The Clippers lost playoff games with their best lineup, something we simply haven't done.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#611 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 11:54 am

RRyder823 wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:We really need to stop trading 1sts at this point. It's either this year or next year where this team is getting gutted.
Next year is probably the last year our window will be open in my lifetime no matter whether we trade 23 or not

If you can get a player that helps for 23 next season you **** do it

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

If you get the right player, the window never closes. Plus, you keep trading up. Jrue was no longer good, a pick came available to trade, and we upgraded. When Dame gets old, another pick becomes available to trade, and you upgrade.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#612 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 11:58 am

Giannis is going to be 30 next season. He isn't the 24/25 year old back to back MVP. He isn't the 26 year old champion. All this talk of we need to get young or whatever seems absolutely brain dead to me. We need to get better. We aren't building for Giannis' "next hurrah", we're in it. All this talk of stars aligning for our core to be good enough to win proceeded by essentially trading for stars that are further away that we don't even know if they're aligned seems misplaced to me. I don't know what Midds value is. I kinda doubt it's at the point of a really good third option but if the stars align that's pretty much what Midd's value is to us. Basically I think the only way to extract that much value out of Middleton is to straight up gamble, and if you don't hit, you never even had a chance of the stars aligning.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#613 » by LuessiT » Sun May 5, 2024 12:24 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:If you get the right player, the window never closes. Plus, you keep trading up. Jrue was no longer good, a pick came available to trade, and we upgraded. When Dame gets old, another pick becomes available to trade, and you upgrade.

I feel like that's only half the truth. We were able to upgrade from Jrue to Lillard only because we convinced teams that Jrue still holds significant trade value.
That's also key to keeping this window allive: Know when to move and when to move on.

We did well with Jrue, probably did poorly with Middleton. In my mind we missed the window with Brook but it seems like we're on track with Portis (I assume he's at least on the market in the summer and he seems to be at the peak of his value).

We were also able to buy Lillard relatively low, we bought Jrue relatively low (late first round picks, so far inconsequential swaps while shedding a negative contract in Bledsoe) and we didn't use any assets on Brook & Portis.

If we do well in the market, we can keep the window allive until Giannis wheels fall off.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#614 » by pifhluk23 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:24 pm

Idk how you can watch that Wolves Nuggets game last night and think we have any sort of chance at winning a chip next year. Blow it up before it's too late.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#615 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 12:32 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:Idk how you can watch that Wolves Nuggets game last night and think we have any sort of chance at winning a chip next year. Blow it up before it's too late.

They look tough be cause they weren't playing us. Remember when they played us? Giannis and Bobby destroyed Jokic, something Gobert can't do. We have the size to handle Minnesota, and the Dame/ Conley matchup is massively in our favor. No one on Minnesota can slow Giannis.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 581

Post#616 » by bdpecore » Sun May 5, 2024 12:50 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
German Athens wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
If Horst did wind up there I could see him pushing for a deal or tampering by telling Bobby a big offer awaits him whenever he turns down his PO in '25.

I’m just want to know what their interest is. If they value him, and see Duren as their 5 of the future, that probably means Stewart is available, right?

Bobby, pat, 33

For

Stewart, grimes

Was literally building this exact trade tied into the Houston idea.

MKE: Stewart, Adams, Landale, Eason, Grimes
HOU: Lopez, #23 (or MKE '31 protected 1st)

Maybe throw in MJB to Detroit to save a little money. Not sure if it's close, Houston would be dumb to trade Eason.

I like the premise of this trade but agree with others that Lockdale and Adams aren’t both needed once you add Stewart. I’m curious if expanding the trade would be beneficial to all parties.

MKE: Stewart, Eason, Grimes, Vincent, Lockdale
HOU: Lopez, MKE '31 1st (top 5 protected)
LAL: Adams

PG - Dame, Vincent
SG - Grimes, Green
SF - Middleton, AJJ, Beauchamp
PF - Giannis, Eason
C - Stewart, Lockdale
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#617 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 1:04 pm

It’s a lot of injury risk, but we’d also get some talented guys just entering their primes. Framework:

Mke: WCJ, Thybulle, Hunter
Orl: Brook
Por: 23
Atl: Bobby, Pat
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#618 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sun May 5, 2024 1:06 pm

moving forward if giannis is healthy and we have to break the core up like we did with jrue to get better..... then id rather have khris then dame for just about every reason i can think of

....he can play with giannis like nobodys business. there is none of this absolute nonsense about not being able to figure it out
....hes cheaper
....hes younger
....hes a massively better defender especially in the playoffs
....he has less trade value. dame brings back more value if one has to be moved
....hes a bigger impact in the lockerroom and intangibles
....his number will be retired here and hes our champion

in the ways that dame would be considered better like being dolla dame and all that crap about the big moments what hes capable of....id remind you khash money often spends just as well. if any fanbase should be aware of this its us

other ways dames better like jersey sales and ticket sales and generating talking head discussion and all that im not really concerned about so i wont address it in my post
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,693

Post#619 » by JayMKE » Sun May 5, 2024 1:15 pm

Part of getting younger is regaining flexibility, the reality is you’re not going to find a clear upgrade that’s both younger & cheaper so you have to balance priorities. I think its literally impossible to build a contender with our aged core & scrap heap vet min guys honestly, Horst hasn’t been able to improve the team thru the draft and as if Doc would even play them. This team missed the play in by 2 games, it wouldn't be a shock next season if they slip out of top 6 considering injury concerns to the core and need to manage the load. Team is going to be depending on guys like Pat Bev, Jae, Gallo, etc again off the bench. Already took big step back firing Bud and with Dame, I just not seeing the room for growth.
FREE GIANNIS
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#620 » by giannis and 1 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:26 pm

OKC: Lopez
Memphis: Bucks 2024 1st, LAC 2024 1st via OKC, Portland 2024 2nd via MKE, Atl 2025 2nd via OKC, Beauchamp
MKE: JJJr

JJJr
Giannis
Middleton
PatBev
Dame
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks