ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#621 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 1:36 pm

JayMKE wrote:Part of getting younger is regaining flexibility, the reality is you’re not going to find a clear upgrade that’s both younger & cheaper so you have to balance priorities. I think its literally impossible to build a contender with our aged core & scrap heap vet min guys honestly, Horst hasn’t been able to improve the team thru the draft and as if Doc would even play them. This team missed the play in by 2 games, it wouldn't be a shock next season if they slip out of top 6 considering injury concerns to the core and need to manage the load. Team is going to be depending on guys like Pat Bev, Jae, Gallo, etc again off the bench. Already took big step back firing Bud and with Dame, I just not seeing the room for growth.

They won't have an in season coaching change next year, Dame will have a normal off season. The youngsters go through camp with an actual coach. They'll be back to competing for the best record in the league.

As for improving the roster around the core, Bobby plus 2 1sts is a rather awesome package to add someone to this roster. Essentially a 3-1sts offer.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#622 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 1:55 pm

I wouldn’t be shocked if we made an inquiry about BI. If we did end up trading for him, Midds would likely be on the move after.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,921

Post#623 » by fansinceforever » Sun May 5, 2024 2:01 pm

Usual suspects letting us know that trading a guy who's played half our games in the last two seasons has no potential to help the team lol.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,089

Post#624 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 5, 2024 2:40 pm

fansinceforever wrote:Usual suspects letting us know that trading a guy who's played half our games in the last two seasons has no potential to help the team lol.

Heck, we could really help the team by trading the guy who has played 27% of our PLAYOFF games (the games that really matter) the last 2 seasons and keeping the guy who has played 100%. 8-)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,637

Post#625 » by raferfenix » Sun May 5, 2024 2:44 pm

We need to improve our athleticism defensively, on the break and attacking the hoop.

Lot of overlap with getting younger but not entirely the same thing.

Maximizing the next few years of Giannis and Dame’s prime (much less Middleton’s last legs) could be done at the same time as extending our window but if we have to choose then prioritize getting a chip over making the second round when Giannis is 34.
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#626 » by fansinceforever » Sun May 5, 2024 3:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:Usual suspects letting us know that trading a guy who's played half our games in the last two seasons has no potential to help the team lol.

Heck, we could really help the team by trading the guy who has played 27% of our PLAYOFF games (the games that really matter) the last 2 seasons and keeping the guy who has played 100%. 8-)

Give it a try. See how it plays out.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#627 » by Dick Tate » Sun May 5, 2024 3:11 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:I understand the nostalgia is strong to keep the Giannis, Dame, Middleton core in place.

Nostalgia? :lol:
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#628 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 3:45 pm

Dick Tate wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:I understand the nostalgia is strong to keep the Giannis, Dame, Middleton core in place.

Nostalgia? :lol:

The reason we want to keep the core and build upon the most effective lineup in basketball, which includes 3 dominant playoff performers, is because of nostalgia? Yup, LOL.
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#629 » by CountMe3Outs » Sun May 5, 2024 4:03 pm

Very hard to conceive of this getting fixed WITHOUT personnel changes...
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#630 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 4:26 pm

CountMe3Outs wrote:Very hard to conceive of this getting fixed WITHOUT personnel changes...

Preview image harkens back to the Griffin days. Didnt play the Knicks coached by Doc.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#631 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun May 5, 2024 4:33 pm

Sigra wrote:counting on Khris's health is 100% emotions and 0% reason. We have seen so many players with that "lazy body' in their 30s Redd included. Its going to be worse with every new year. And I said that 2 years ago.
Let's be real, we said this the year Jabari got drafted.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#632 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 4:36 pm

DanoMac wrote:
Diggr14 wrote:I have a feeling Giannis is going to be asking out this summer and we have blown all our picks making him happy.

This isnt lining up well for a rebuild or anything for a long while if that is the case.

Assuming you missed this..

Read on Twitter

In fact we should trade Dame when Giannis is in Portland hanging out with him. :roll:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#633 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun May 5, 2024 4:42 pm

To save everybody some time, let's stop posting Dame trades because it's not happening.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
fansinceforever
Analyst

Post#634 » by fansinceforever » Sun May 5, 2024 4:58 pm

We're not trading Dame. A contingent here thinks it's crazy to trade Middleton.

So either you believe Brook/Portis/Pat C/pick #23 and an early 2nd holds a lot of value OR you believe this team is fine pretty much as is.

Is that not crazy?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,397

Post#635 » by M-C-G » Sun May 5, 2024 5:02 pm

Lopez for Wiggins
We get younger and more athletic, then this allows us to finally put Middleton as the 6th man to keep him healthier.

I’d like to find a way of turning Bobby and Pat into John Isaac, but no idea how he is valued.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#636 » by Matches Malone » Sun May 5, 2024 5:05 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:To save everybody some time, let's stop posting Dame trades because it's not happening.

Could probably throw Middleton in there as well. Dame, Giannis and Khris are locked in for next season with Doc. Now to figure out what goes around that.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,323

Post#637 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

True, but we’re only 24 months removed from Khris slipping on the floor, missing the Boston series and being out months. And later leaning it wasn’t just his sore knee, but later we learn he has wrist surgery.

I’m not quite sure how we get the sixth seed if we’re going to load manage our three stars so much next year.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,043

Post#638 » by Daver » Sun May 5, 2024 5:29 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Part of getting younger is regaining flexibility, the reality is you’re not going to find a clear upgrade that’s both younger & cheaper so you have to balance priorities. I think its literally impossible to build a contender with our aged core & scrap heap vet min guys honestly, Horst hasn’t been able to improve the team thru the draft and as if Doc would even play them. This team missed the play in by 2 games, it wouldn't be a shock next season if they slip out of top 6 considering injury concerns to the core and need to manage the load. Team is going to be depending on guys like Pat Bev, Jae, Gallo, etc again off the bench. Already took big step back firing Bud and with Dame, I just not seeing the room for growth.

They won't have an in season coaching change next year, Dame will have a normal off season. The youngsters go through camp with an actual coach. They'll be back to competing for the best record in the league.

As for improving the roster around the core, Bobby plus 2 1sts is a rather awesome package to add someone to this roster. Essentially a 3-1sts

As much as i disagree with you on beas im 100% in agreement with on this they will i feel if healthy and with a full training camp be in the running for the best record.Need some tinkering
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,433

Post#639 » by trwi7 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:37 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

True, but we’re only 24 months removed from Khris slipping on the floor, missing the Boston series and being out months. And later leaning it wasn’t just his sore knee, but later we learn he has wrist surgery.

I’m not quite sure how we get the sixth seed if we’re going to load manage our three stars so much next year.

We can easily load manage 3 players and finish top 3.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,323

Post#640 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2024 5:40 pm

German Athens wrote:I wouldn’t be shocked if we made an inquiry about BI. If we did end up trading for him, Midds would likely be on the move after.

Not sure they part with him, unless a clear win now upgrade. They’ve got enough picks. He’s an interesting player, but he’s only played 55 games the past three years. And would still be leary of the heart issue.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks