Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,045

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#461 » by Daver » Fri May 3, 2024 10:37 pm

Bernman wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'd say that Frank Madden and the LOB pod in general are some of the most reserved Bucks media/content outlets when it comes to criticism of the organization, but even he was kinda incredulous as to why they kept trotting Giannis out there through the Achilles soreness, a high minutes workload (again, 37+ MPG in March) and on B2B's.

Predictable consequences, and look no further than everyone (including me at times) throwing out the "big deal, Giannis is a cyborg" stuff because we've been spoiled and under the illusion that he's still as indestructible as he was in his early-mid 20's. He's right around the age where Pop stopped riding Duncan so hard, and the organization and coaching staff have to understand that and have a plan going forward.

They felt desperate because they were floundering and wanted to avoid the play-in.

The Bucks could have conceded automatic qualification, for lower health risk. The lowest they could have fell was 8. So they'd still have 2 cracks at it. However, then your immediate reward could have been the Celtics. I guess you had to play them some time.

A Cs team you blew out 2xs in 3 games you do whats right for the health of your team not because you have no balls n are afrsid to play tbe Cs.Same crap happrned in 22 under bud didnt wanna play the nets pisssd away the 2 seed to play tbe bulls only to have midds get hurt n not plsy again
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,630

Post#462 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 10:50 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:The Hawks would get less than what Miami was offering for Dame last year…Herro and 2 **** **** picks. Herro and Trae Young would be the worst back court in the league defensively. I’m not a big Murray fan, but that’s brutal.

It’s hard to do anything with Atlanta really, their future might just be blowing it up.

I thought about the backcourt pairing. Maybe they could flip him or this can turn into a 4-way trade. That's the only issue for me.

The Hawks don't need to get what Portland or Miami were offering for Dame last year. They're trading Murray. He's not worth quite as much. I think the trade reflects that, even though Dame's value is a little lower 1 year older. To wit, if the Heat have to give up a little less, so be it too.

From the Bucks' standpoint, they get a younger core player that's not quite as good as Dame, a rising good not great prospect who's now proven something, & a bad not terrible contract. Seems about fair to me.

Positionally Murray made more sense to me, and the value's about fair, imo, w/ Herro another 20-pt scorer needing a change of scenery, & they get a mid 1st. But if I couldn't work out a more complex 4-way, convince Atlanta to flip Herro, or keep him; I could try a similar configuration Mikal Bridges or Keegan Murray. Sacto may be easier because then it could be a straight swap.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bernman
RealGM

Post#463 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 10:54 pm

Daver wrote:A Cs team you blew out 2xs in 3 games you do whats right for the health of your team not because you have no balls n are afrsid to play tbe Cs.Same crap happrned in 22 under bud didnt wanna play the nets pisssd away the 2 seed to play tbe bulls only to have midds get hurt n not plsy again

Settle down. I didn't even claim it was an overriding impediment for me, and I don't know if it was for them either. Simply not wanting to fall into the play-in might have been the issue.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#464 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri May 3, 2024 10:55 pm

Siefer wrote:Can't imagine they bring Bev back after this. Toxic af.
Yeah. It's almost like he wanted to manufacture a reason to not return. Did he end up talking about it?
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,529

Post#465 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri May 3, 2024 10:58 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Doc, Dame and Giannis all seem to be focused on the next season already and gearing for training camp. If Horst leaves, I'd be shocked if they let a new GM hire their own coach. So, whoever takes this job inherits Doc lol.
Dame legit sounds like he's locked in for next year and I think next season will be night and day from this one.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,120

Post#466 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 11:00 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Doc, Dame and Giannis all seem to be focused on the next season already and gearing for training camp. If Horst leaves, I'd be shocked if they let a new GM hire their own coach. So, whoever takes this job inherits Doc lol.
Dame legit sounds like he's locked in for next year and I think next season will be night and day from this one.

Giannis said in his exit presser that after his rehab he's heading to Portland to hang out with Dame to not just workout but just spend time. I think those two will have a big chip on their shoulder next season. Just need the injury bug to pick on another team for once.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,676

Post#467 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 11:07 pm

Bernman wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I'd say that Frank Madden and the LOB pod in general are some of the most reserved Bucks media/content outlets when it comes to criticism of the organization, but even he was kinda incredulous as to why they kept trotting Giannis out there through the Achilles soreness, a high minutes workload (again, 37+ MPG in March) and on B2B's.

Predictable consequences, and look no further than everyone (including me at times) throwing out the "big deal, Giannis is a cyborg" stuff because we've been spoiled and under the illusion that he's still as indestructible as he was in his early-mid 20's. He's right around the age where Pop stopped riding Duncan so hard, and the organization and coaching staff have to understand that and have a plan going forward.

They felt desperate because they were floundering and wanted to avoid the play-in.

The Bucks could have conceded automatic qualification, for lower health risk. The lowest they could have fell was 8. So they'd still have 2 cracks at it. However, then your immediate reward could have been the Celtics. I guess you had to play them some time.

No, go back further. When he 1st had that intense pain and they called it tendonitis. That was right b4 the stretch where he could rest like 18 days and only miss 4 games.. we were the 2nd seed. We weren't going to go 4 and 0 anyways so him trying to play each game wasn't going to affect our seeding.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,296

Post#468 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I don't get this take. If we learned anything against the Pacers, it's that our bench suuuuuuuuuucked. It sucked so badly that we were throwing out Danilo Gallinari for significant stretches of basketball. Their bench outscored our own 50-10 in Game 6, which means our starters outscored theirs by an 18 point margin. Our core guys - those who were available, that is - were the only reason we were competitive for most of the series.

Our top guys are good enough to win a championship, but we need quality pieces surrounding them. Not the corpse of Jae Crowder, Trick Or Treat Malik, and Fly By Pat.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#469 » by pifhluk23 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:29 pm

Blah blah blah well have to listen to 6 months of how great Giannis and Dame are going to be. And how they took their kids to Disney with Brook or some nonsense. All means nothing if the team around them isn't completely revamped.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#470 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 11:40 pm

-Jragon- wrote:No, go back further. When he 1st had that intense pain and they called it tendonitis. That was right b4 the stretch where he could rest like 18 days and only miss 4 games.. we were the 2nd seed. We weren't going to go 4 and 0 anyways so him trying to play each game wasn't going to affect our seeding.

We ended up 2 games from the play-in. So almost all the games mattered, if avoiding the drop was a goal.

Another factor I think was the obsession w/ getting the Giannis-Dame chemistry working before the playoffs. Right or wrong.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,767

Post#471 » by Licensed to Il » Fri May 3, 2024 11:51 pm

I want to see Giannis at the 5 (I know that only connects to defense), Dame at the 1 (yeah, I know), Im cool with Bobby as our 4 because he has offensive versatility and rebounds. Try to hit on our top two picks. Trade Brook, Mids, Pat, etc and find some 3+D guys. There is work to be done, but its absolutely possible to build a title team around Giannis and Dame.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#472 » by nagawicka » Fri May 3, 2024 11:51 pm

Can we hire Darvin Ham already?

I'm hungry and I'm tired of waiting and I want a Ham Slamwich
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,909

Post#473 » by blazza18 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:52 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Some on here think the medical staff are idiots and it's obvious he should have been playing.

Read on Twitter

Sucks that he wasn't even close at all.

I don't think the medical staff are idiots but I'd like to know if they'd manage Giannis any different knowing what happened or if they're comfortable with their decision making?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect

Post#474 » by nagawicka » Fri May 3, 2024 11:55 pm

Also, time to bury once and for all the whole 'We woulda won 2 NBA Title if only $Khash$ hadn't been injured.' IF ONLY. It's horsesh|t, one guy's injury wasn't the issue then and Khris's age isn't the issue now.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect

Post#475 » by nagawicka » Sat May 4, 2024 12:00 am

blazza18 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Some on here think the medical staff are idiots and it's obvious he should have been playing.

Read on Twitter

Sucks that he wasn't even close at all.

I don't think the medical staff are idiots but I'd like to know if they'd manage Giannis any different knowing what happened or if they're comfortable with their decision making?

Playing through injury always costs the team. It does more damage to the 'superstar' and damages team play and trophy prospects. Favre played through a broken thumb, badly, even tho we had Brunell and Detmer, and it's TRUE we DID get tons more interceptions and an early play off exit, but why sit a superstar when that'd improve resilience & increase cpacity all the way down the roster.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,296

Post#476 » by humanrefutation » Sat May 4, 2024 12:02 am

We're not moving Dame or Khris. Nor do we have to, IMO.

Brook and Bobby are a different story. Both are effectively on expirings (Bobby has a PO after next year which he almost certainly will decline). Bobby is probably expecting a significant extension this summer anyway.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,282

Post#477 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 4, 2024 12:13 am

humanrefutation wrote:We're not moving Dame or Khris. Nor do we have to, IMO.

Brook and Bobby are a different story. Both are effectively on expirings (Bobby has a PO after next year which he almost certainly will decline). Bobby is probably expecting a significant extension this summer anyway.

We'll see, but I disagree. I think both are playing on their final significant deals. Brook is on his last legs and Bobby is empty regular season calories. I doubt either have any kind of trade value.

If the whole plan this summer revolves moving two bad picks in a terrible draft and Brook, Bobby, Pat, etc. then the Bucks are gonna be same the level team next season.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,641

Post#478 » by raferfenix » Sat May 4, 2024 12:22 am

humanrefutation wrote:Bobby is probably expecting a significant extension this summer anyway.

That player option does give Bobby agency.

If the Bucks aren’t committed this summer might be our last best chance to maximize his value.

Big difference btw a team acquiring Portis with an extension in mind vs risking him walking for nothing after a season — much less a few months following a deadline deal.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,628

Post#479 » by RogerMurdock » Sat May 4, 2024 12:38 am

Wow

Read on Twitter
?t=uHzziUHHKIAUqO_pvJ4LiQ&s=19
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,120

Post#480 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 4, 2024 12:52 am

Pat was a massive bonehead/jerk for what he pulled last night, but all this pearl clutching by the media just comes across as an axe to grind. Most of these people wouldn't have spoken up in the moment like they claim others should have.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks