Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,254

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#481 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 4, 2024 1:11 am

The reaction on Bucks twitter to the Pat Bev thing has been so embarrassing. I hope it's none of you guys.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,042

Post#482 » by Daver » Sat May 4, 2024 1:15 am

Matches Malone wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Doc, Dame and Giannis all seem to be focused on the next season already and gearing for training camp. If Horst leaves, I'd be shocked if they let a new GM hire their own coach. So, whoever takes this job inherits Doc lol.
Dame legit sounds like he's locked in for next year and I think next season will be night and day from this one.

Giannis said in his exit presser that after his rehab he's heading to Portland to hang out with Dame to not just workout but just spend time. I think those two will have a big chip on their shoulder next season. Just need the injury bug to pick on another team for once.

Absolutely spot on i think all 3 will have a big chip on their shoulders next year they won 49 games n yet the big 3 hardly played together got next to nothing with chemistry.All TC plus exhibition plus a full RS i imagine these 3 dudes will look way way better next year and the fact giannis is actually going out to portland to be ewth dame shows me giannis knows what needs to be done
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,084

Post#483 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 4, 2024 1:30 am

Approximately 175 days till next season begins. Can't wait.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Karsenmitsche
Junior
And1: 271

Post#484 » by Karsenmitsche » Sat May 4, 2024 1:30 am

GoldenAntlers wrote:
Siefer wrote:Can't imagine they bring Bev back after this. Toxic af.
Yeah. It's almost like he wanted to manufacture a reason to not return. Did he end up talking about it?

In his post game press conference he said “Can’t wait to figure out where my new home is going to be” before correcting himself. So yeah, don’t see him coming back.
"Ill never leave the city of Milwaukee till we build the team to a championship level"-Giannis
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#485 » by trwi7 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:31 am

Daver wrote: I think those two will have a big chip on their shoulder next season.

Great. They'll have back problems just in time for the playoffs.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#486 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 4, 2024 2:16 am

You need a solid 8 for the playoffs. And filler to eat minutes in the regular season. This is going to be the most interesting summer in awhile. Last year it looked like we were pretty much going to run it back with a new coach. And then the Dame trade came out of nowhere. This year who the hell knows. There are a plethora of ideas here. Some plausible, some not. I'm intrigued.

In the meantime I have all 16 wins from 2021 on DVD. I'm going to relive the glory. And then we're going to do it again next season.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,269

Post#487 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sat May 4, 2024 2:26 am

ReasonablySober wrote:If the whole plan this summer revolves moving two bad picks in a terrible draft and Brook, Bobby, Pat, etc. then the Bucks are gonna be same the level team next season.

Championship contender when healthy?
Read on Twitter
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,149

Post#488 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat May 4, 2024 2:30 am

ReasonablySober wrote:The reaction on Bucks twitter to the Pat Bev thing has been so embarrassing. I hope it's none of you guys.

What is the reaction? More or less embarrassing than bevs actions?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,203

Post#489 » by RRyder823 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:31 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:We're not moving Dame or Khris. Nor do we have to, IMO.

Brook and Bobby are a different story. Both are effectively on expirings (Bobby has a PO after next year which he almost certainly will decline). Bobby is probably expecting a significant extension this summer anyway.

We'll see, but I disagree. I think both are playing on their final significant deals. Brook is on his last legs and Bobby is empty regular season calories. I doubt either have any kind of trade value.

If the whole plan this summer revolves moving two bad picks in a terrible draft and Brook, Bobby, Pat, etc. then the Bucks are gonna be same the level team next season.
I dunno. Brook is gonna hold value. Its just to a select number of teams. (Can't tell me a team like OKC wouldn't want him given their size issues)

As for Bobby even if you thinking he's regular season calories there's still value in that and he has had some moments in the POs that would help his value.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#490 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 4, 2024 2:32 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:The reaction on Bucks twitter to the Pat Bev thing has been so embarrassing. I hope it's none of you guys.

Any action defending Bev or going the "Yea, but the ESPN/media" route is embarrassing.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#491 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 4, 2024 2:34 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:If the whole plan this summer revolves moving two bad picks in a terrible draft and Brook, Bobby, Pat, etc. then the Bucks are gonna be same the level team next season.

Championship contender when healthy?

Sure. Didn't say they weren't.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,290

Post#492 » by humanrefutation » Sat May 4, 2024 2:43 am

MickeyDavis wrote:You need a solid 8 for the playoffs. And filler to eat minutes in the regular season. This is going to be the most interesting summer in awhile. Last year it looked like we were pretty much going to run it back with a new coach. And then the Dame trade came out of nowhere. This year who the hell knows. There are a plethora of ideas here. Some plausible, some not. I'm intrigued.

I mean, you can make it work with even a really solid seven. The 2021 team basically played Brook, PJ, Khris, Giannis, Jrue, Pat, and Bobby down the stretch of the playoffs. Jeff Teague got a couple minutes here and there. But otherwise, it was those 7 guys carrying the team.

I agree that you need more competent bodies for the regular season. Perhaps 10. But problems in the playoffs arise when you're depending on dudes who should be 9th-12th guys in your rotation rather than 6th or 7th dudes. We had too many guys who just weren't good enough to be primary subs off the bench - Beasley, Pat C, Jae, and Danilo. Love AJ Green but that dude wasn't ready for prime time, either.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,764

Post#493 » by Licensed to Il » Sat May 4, 2024 2:47 am

If the Bucks decide this offseason, that it is imperative to retain the sponsorship of the law offices of David Gruber, approximately how many correspondences or conversations or contractual back and forths would it require?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#494 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat May 4, 2024 2:51 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Any action defending Bev or going the "Yea, but the ESPN/media" route is embarrassing.
If Bev hadn't just chucked a ball at two separate fans and the Bucks won, his response would have been funny and worthy of the "**** ESPN" comments. But that's not what happened.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#495 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat May 4, 2024 2:52 am

Licensed to Il wrote:If the Bucks decide this offseason, that it is imperative to retain the sponsorship of the law offices of David Gruber, approximately how many correspondences or conversations or contractual back and forths would it require?
Depends on if my guys at Nicolet Law want it or not.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#496 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 4, 2024 3:51 am

I have no idea why Brooklyn would want to trade him at all but one guy I really like is Day'ron Sharpe.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#497 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 4, 2024 3:54 am

First round bounce, Harden disgruntled. Khris for Harden. Kidding.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#498 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 4, 2024 4:03 am

Does anyone have any big swing ideas they wanna share?
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#499 » by ejn1214 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:09 am

MickeyDavis wrote:First round bounce, Harden disgruntled. Khris for Harden. Kidding.

I know you said kidding, but what a loser. Playoff choker through long career is not a fluke.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,092

Post#500 » by Ron Swanson » Sat May 4, 2024 5:31 am

Brook for Terrance Mann, Amir Coffey, and PJ

8-)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks