ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#21 » by BigO » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

My first prediction before the series started was the Pacers in 5 or 6.

My next prediction is that this thread will max out in RealGM record time. Get the popcorn ready.

So far the winner is Fotis, who wants to trade for Ben Simmons.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,879

Post#22 » by emunney » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 pm

tski1972 wrote:
emunney wrote:You make trades to get better, not to get younger.

Yet both can be true.

Of course. Just think people saying we need to get younger are losing the plot. Some of the things we need correlate with younger players, but they're not necessarily connected in every case. And there are also bad things correlated with inexperience. Also not true in every case.

We're at a point where we need to put the most coherent roster together we can, age-agnostic. Leave no stone unturned. Giannis is dead-center in his prime. Looking 2-3 years out is a counter-productive orientation.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tsamo
Junior
And1: 205

Post#23 » by tsamo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:17 pm

Sell high on Middleton maybe?
On one hand he's been amazing, on the other hand, how many games like last night does he still have?
Also, hopefully AJJ and Green can be incorporated and trusted more next year.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,025

Post#24 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:21 pm

Back end of round 1 is mostly busts but it would sure be nice to hit on a first rounder this year.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,921

Post#25 » by Fotis St » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 pm

BigO wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Old thread maxed out

My next prediction is that this thread will max out in RealGM record time. Get the popcorn ready.

Brook + Pat for Ben Simmons is an idea I should get paid for... you should be thankful I share my thoughts for free :lol:
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,743

Post#26 » by msiris » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Back end of round 1 is mostly busts but it would sure be nice to hit on a first rounder this year.
Would be nice to find guys who can play some minutes and give you some production.
Ride the tank
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,106

Post#27 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Retooling with Giannis should be easy, load up on +defenders and shooters who can take the gravity off Giannis. Imagine Giannis in a line up where everybody can shoot and they're not hiding anybody defensively, he'd probably average a triple double but he might not play enough minutes. Easier said than done but philosophically that's where I'm at, I think we could get a big pile of assets while getting younger & position ourselves for a final piece to be acquired at a later time without really losing much. I guess it depends on what you think the ceiling of this team is, the team hasn't looked like a real contender to me all year and I was believer pretty much every year under Bud going in the playoffs.

Yeah just go get an Aaron Gordon, MPJ and KCP with the corpse of Khris Middleton (who you probably can't trade anyways cause Giannis veto) Brook Lopez and 0 draft picks. No Problem!

exactly..altho middleton has value just not to the teams that would help us much except down the road

you either run it back as is and rinse and repeat the last 3 playoffs in year 4. these guys ALL get hurt when they play hard so good luck with that
or
you convince giannis he should buy in on younger more athletic guys in place of mids and dame. figure two miami type of packages could come back
or
you blow this whole thing up 5 different ways and try to bring in 3 young high upside starters with a piss ton of picks and capspace and see what we can do from there in the era of 3 and d and massive parity. giannis himself could probably net two borderline all stars on rookie deals plus picks and maybe more
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,179

Post#28 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Back end of round 1 is mostly busts but it would sure be nice to hit on a first rounder this year.

Now you're talking crazy.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,207

Post#29 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:34 pm

Fotis St wrote:
BigO wrote:

Brook + Pat for Ben Simmons is an idea I should get paid for... you should be thankful I share my thoughts for free :lol:

https://www.flexjobs.com/remote-jobs/company/the_onion
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,256

Post#30 » by Sigra » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm

we wil start next season with Giannis, Dame, Khris and Lopez most likely. It is what it is.

I remember similar situations with other teams in past. For example Rockets with Olajuwon, Drexler, Barkley. Those teams just go to the dark swinging with their old hands...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,266

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:41 pm

emunney wrote:
I do think Dame is pretty far on the extreme end of being difficult to improve upon. But I'm open to it.

Dame may come back and win the series, so I’m putting an asterisk on the comments. Heck, maybe Middleton does his 2021 Kawhi impression and carries us. Pacers aren’t that great.

But, both Middleton and Dame are heading into that Chris Paul 2018 phase (age 33). Do they get a couple years of rejuvenation or go the way most guys in their mid-30’s go?

Personally, I think two of Brook, Midds, Dame need to be dealt this summer if the value is there. Otherwise think we end up like Phoenix, Clippers, or other teams that hold onto old stars, that are always battling injuries.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#32 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:
I do think Dame is pretty far on the extreme end of being difficult to improve upon. But I'm open to it.

Dame may come back and win the series, so I’m putting an asterisk on the comments. Heck, maybe Middleton does his 2021 Kawhi impression and carries us. Pacers aren’t that great.

But, both Middleton and Dame are heading into that Chris Paul 2018 phase (age 33). Do they get a couple years of rejuvenation or go the way most guys in their mid-30’s go?

Personally, I think two of Brook, Midds, Dame need to be dealt this summer if the value is there. Otherwise think we end up like Phoenix, Clippers, or other teams that hold onto old stars, that are always battling injuries.

Need to root against OKC so we could try something like your idea with them for Brook. Makes a lot of sense for everyone. I don’t think we need to completely break this thing up anywhere. Just need a full offseason together with Doc and tweak some things. Also probably need to move one of our picks for a few future picks. We could use a few
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,911

Post#33 » by Dick Tate » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 pm

Maybe Doc will be able to get Giannis and Dame to spam the P&R next season, like Giannis claimed would happen when the trade went down. Giannis has an impressive frame but continues to drive over potholes at 60 MPH. How many more years can he play like that?
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#34 » by MiltownMadness » Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:

Once again not acknowledging that none of these guys have injury problems besides the star we are trying to build around

Khris has missed 1 playoff series in his career

You can shuffle the deck chairs all you want, won't matter if the engine blows up right before we head to shore
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,763

Post#35 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:37 pm

Might be the year we use a player and a pick to move up in the draft.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#36 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:42 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:

The tricky part is, unlike the Suns or Clippers, when we are at our best, we are the best.

I think the focus should be getting a better 4th best player. Consolidate everything we have, Brook, Bobby, and picks. Cheap player like AJG and AJJ allow us to do this.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#37 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

Dick Tate wrote:Maybe Doc will be able to get Giannis and Dame to spam the P&R next season, like Giannis claimed would happen when the trade went down. Giannis has an impressive frame but continues to drive over potholes at 60 MPH. How many more years can he play like that?

Honestly, I only see him being great for another 10 years.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#38 » by fansinceforever » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:

Spot on. There's no good outcome if we largely standpat and (maybe) trade for this theoretical athletic/defensive wing by shopping a package of Bobby Portis and Pat Connaughton.

This off-season needs to be about having creativity and balls.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,646

Post#39 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:01 pm

BigO wrote:

I could talk myself into Ben Simmons for the vet minimum.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#40 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 pm

Who are next years breakout guys. Who is the next Cobe Whites, Collin Sexton, or Jon Kumminga?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks