ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

tsamo
Junior
And1: 212

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#861 » by tsamo » Tue May 7, 2024 7:55 pm

Man, watching the euroleague game 5 between Panathinaikos and Maccabi, we drafted the wrong twin with G.Kalaitzakis.
His brother Panagiotis is the far superior defender/player.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,650

Post#862 » by raferfenix » Tue May 7, 2024 8:22 pm

Devil's advocate on Caruso:

If he didn't have injury problems earlier in his career (last year 71 games year before 67) and if he wasn't about to get a big extension paying him into his 30's then he wouldn't even theoretically be available for Pat Connaughton and something like #23 + #34.

On the other hand if we'd have to include our lone future first or liquidate Bobby / Brook to close the deal that'd certainly change the calculus.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,650

Post#863 » by raferfenix » Tue May 7, 2024 9:43 pm

Where do we think the Bucks stand on Pat Bev?

Read on Twitter
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,164

Post#864 » by Matches Malone » Tue May 7, 2024 9:47 pm

raferfenix wrote:Where do we think the Bucks stand on Pat Bev?

Guessing Doc probably wants him back.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,285

Post#865 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 7, 2024 9:56 pm

I don't think the ball throwing will be a factor in any of it. All comes down to contacts/money imo. I'd guess they want him back as a player, now will it work with contracts and everything else who knows.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Post#866 » by yb90 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:05 am

emunney wrote:
jimmybones wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Very literally it comes down to more Guys.

No need to overcomplicate it.

Yo, GM, whoever you are: take our crap no one else wants and turn it into less of crap that we do want

Totally agree on the overall point, I just am not nearly creative enough to figure out how our limited war chest results in more good basketball players. Hopefully our (new?) GM is that creative.

I think AJJ and AJ Green pretty much have to be molded into two of those said pieces and Pat C, Bobby, Marjon and our limited picks need to bring back 2-3 additional usable parts that fit. Maybe add Brook to that list if the value is there, but using him to add more or better fitting dudes likely helps fix one issue while creating another.

I don't think it's that tall a hill to climb. Pat C can have value in a young locker room. Bobby for a team who needs a starting PF. So, like, Bobby to OKC for a couple spare Williamses and a 2nd or two, Pat with those picks to Memphis for Konchar and Vince Williams, something like that. Bring back Bev, sign Wenyen Gabriel, see who else you can bring in.

I think they need to go after the next Nesmith, Toppin, Donte, or if possible an R.J. Barrett type.

Try to make a Cason Wallace, Jaylin Williams, and 2nd rd picks trade with OKC. If not Wallace then ask for Wiggins and a 1st to go with Jaylin.

If you can get a 1st to try to pkg up picks for a Keldon Johnson or Shadeon Sharpe.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,005

Post#867 » by soxperry » Wed May 8, 2024 12:28 am

raferfenix wrote:Devil's advocate on Caruso:

If he didn't have injury problems earlier in his career (last year 71 games year before 67) and if he wasn't about to get a big extension paying him into his 30's then he wouldn't even theoretically be available for Pat Connaughton and something like #23 + #34.

On the other hand if we'd have to include our lone future first or liquidate Bobby / Brook to close the deal that'd certainly change the calculus.

the problem is that we are not the only contender that will want him. that may be the starting price, but a team like philly could easily outbid us. i'm sure Nurse would love to get a guy like Caruso in the building. i'm having flashbacks to saying all of this during the trade deadline.. yeah, it's probably not happening. think also of a team like Sacramento that desperately needs more defense. Perhaps Atlanta.

Anyway, i agree with the guys talking about finding the next versions of the guys that are now popping but previously flew under the radar. We need to decide on a philosophy and then place some strong wagers on who can fill the missing roles in that philosophy.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,086

Post#868 » by German Athens » Wed May 8, 2024 12:35 am

Keon Ellis would be a nice target.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,406

Post#869 » by RiotPunch » Wed May 8, 2024 2:21 am

German Athens wrote:Keon Ellis would be a nice target.

Don't see SAC letting him get away.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,546

Post#870 » by drone3 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:37 am

Been thinking.. Best possible acquisition would be to get the Miami heat head of player development. That dude turns mediocre players into starters. Hones their skills and efficiency
GiannisInSix
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#871 » by GiannisInSix » Wed May 8, 2024 3:54 am

Id be interested in something around Doc and Dame for Spoelstra and Herro
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,323

Post#872 » by fan230 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:17 am

When we got Dame, we thought even if defense suffers a bit, we would have so much firepower in offense that our offense would more than compensate for the slightly weaker defense.

Turns out that it was a radically wrong conceptualization.

2 guards who were sieves in poa defense, made our defense much worse than whst we had expected.

Lesson: We have to be super careful in planning any particular trades next year. Another wrong move would doom our team.

We have to depend for next season, on our big 4. But we need a starting sg who is a strong defender even if his offense is just ok. The forum may want to suggest a name.

Also we need agility in our bench. And some youth if possible. Surely we have to drop Crowder. Need an agile player instead of pc. Keep Bobby. Keep Thanasis. Keep Green. Perhaps we can trade ajj snd mjb for a single young guy who is better than either of them. Livingston seems ok to keep. Beasley needs to leave which will happen automatically. Not sure about Pat Bev.

Khris has played amazingly well in the playoffs. He has to try and avoid injuries if possible. We need Brook for both defense and offense. Dame needs to score in more ways than one (one, meaning hoisting 30 footers; everyone is not Steph Curry.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,406

Post#873 » by RiotPunch » Wed May 8, 2024 7:17 am

MKE: Carter Jr, Thybulle, Wiggins
OKC: Lopez, #23
ORL: Simons
PDX: Anthony, Connaughton, #12, ORL '25 1st (lottery protected)

MKE: Finney-Smith
BKN: Portis, Beauchamp

Lillard / Smith Jr (tMLE)
Thybulle / Green
Finney-Smith / Wiggins
Middleton / Jackson Jr / Oso (#33)
Giannis / Carter Jr
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#874 » by pifhluk23 » Wed May 8, 2024 12:29 pm

fan230 wrote:When we got Dame, we thought even if defense suffers a bit, we would have so much firepower in offense that our offense would more than compensate for the slightly weaker defense.

That's exactly what happened though... Dame Giannis Khris 3 man lineup had an off rating of 125.1. With same minutes or more there were only 3 lineups that beat that and they all involved Jokic. That 3 man lineup is elite offensively, we just only got 758 minutes of it. That lineup also had a defensive rating of 107.5 which is right there with Gobert Edwards Conley.
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#875 » by German Athens » Wed May 8, 2024 12:39 pm

RiotPunch wrote:#1

Thybulle / Green
Finney-Smith / Wiggins
Giannis / Carter Jr

This would be good. I love that we get more versatile and also get better depth. Wiggins is a savvy addition.

I’d be fine chipping in that ‘31 first and/or 33 if that could upgrade us to cam Johnson rather than DFS, but I still like it overall.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#876 » by kanyon » Wed May 8, 2024 1:22 pm

Read on Twitter

The Malinda Adams thing... Super embarrassing, but I saw in a comment somewhere that she had said something to the effect of, "players shouldn't be allowed to have podcasts because it's taking away from sports journalists" or soemthing to that effect--which was the context of him being an ass. Has anyone heard this or find the anywhere? I haven't been able to.

You don't know what crazy/or maybe racist thing a person said in the stands and people are human. Throwing a ball at someone isn't the end of the world. Vernon Maxwell decked a rude fan and got a 10 game suspension. There's so much pearl clutching. Yes, not a good look, but no one got hurt, and it was a ball, not a fist or personal contact.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,355

Post#877 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 8, 2024 1:35 pm

kanyon wrote:

Read on Twitter

The Malinda Adams thing... Super embarrassing, but I saw in a comment somewhere that she had said something to the effect of, "players shouldn't be allowed to have podcasts because it's taking away from sports journalists" or soemthing to that effect--which was the context of him being an ass. Has anyone heard this or find the anywhere? I haven't been able to.

You don't know what crazy/or maybe racist thing a person said in the stands and people are human. Throwing a ball at someone isn't the end of the world. Vernon Maxwell decked a rude fan and got a 10 game suspension. There's so much pearl clutching. Yes, not a good look, but no one got hurt, and it was a ball, not a fist or personal contact.

He's done the same thing to other local Milwaukee media this year.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,947

Post#878 » by fansinceforever » Wed May 8, 2024 1:47 pm

Thybulle / Green
Finney-Smith / Wiggins
Giannis / Carter Jr

This would be incredible.

We completely overhaul our roster with youth, defense and athleticism and we only offload Brook, Bobby, Pat, a guy who won't be in the NBA in a year and a late first in a meh draft. Sign me up.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,055

Post#879 » by Daver » Wed May 8, 2024 1:50 pm

Thybulle / Green
Finney-Smith / Wiggins
Giannis / Carter Jr

Has giannis ever stated that he doesnt play the 5 spot cause if its a dead no this trade is moot
German Athens
Bench Warmer

Post#880 » by German Athens » Wed May 8, 2024 1:52 pm

Daver wrote:

Thybulle / Green
Finney-Smith / Wiggins
Giannis / Carter Jr

Has giannis ever stated that he doesnt play the 5 spot cause if its a dead no this trade is moot

It wouldn’t be moot at all. We’re returning a solid center in this deal. We could easily start WCJ alongside Giannis and have DFS come off the bench.

The point is we have the lineup versatility to better matchup with our opponent.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks