Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#641 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 6:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
German Athens wrote:I wouldn’t be shocked if we made an inquiry about BI. If we did end up trading for him, Midds would likely be on the move after.

Not sure they part with him, unless a clear win now upgrade. They’ve got enough picks. He’s an interesting player, but he’s only played 55 games the past three years. And would still be leary of the heart issue.

Agree, his durability issues make him a poor fit for us. However, I'm guessing we monitor the situation to see if we can get in on the deal peripherally. See if the combo guard we need shakes out in the deal.

The Pelicans want an athletic center, but maybe they pivot to a shotblocking floor spacing center? Probably not, but I can dream.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#642 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 6:02 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
fansinceforever wrote:Usual suspects letting us know that trading a guy who's played half our games in the last two seasons has no potential to help the team lol.

Heck, we could really help the team by trading the guy who has played 27% of our PLAYOFF games (the games that really matter) the last 2 seasons and keeping the guy who has played 100%. 8-)

True, but we’re only 24 months removed from Khris slipping on the floor, missing the Boston series and being out months. And later leaning it wasn’t just his sore knee, but later we learn he has wrist surgery.

I’m not quite sure how we get the sixth seed if we’re going to load manage our three stars so much next year.

Blow teams out & bring the MPG down. Thank you, Bud.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,433

Post#643 » by trwi7 » Sun May 5, 2024 6:27 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Heck, we could really help the team by trading the guy who has played 27% of our PLAYOFF games (the games that really matter) the last 2 seasons and keeping the guy who has played 100%. 8-)

True, but we’re only 24 months removed from Khris slipping on the floor, missing the Boston series and being out months. And later leaning it wasn’t just his sore knee, but later we learn he has wrist surgery.

I’m not quite sure how we get the sixth seed if we’re going to load manage our three stars so much next year.

Blow teams out & bring the MPG down. Thank you, Bud.

This and we could also probably rest at least one of them every once in a while against weaker teams. Giannis/Mids plus the rest should be able to handle Charlotte. Lillard/Mids should be able to handle Detroit etc. Or you could get a tough game at home coming off a long West Coast trip or something and just decide to rest all 3.

There are a ton of ways to get their minutes down, either through not playing them or keeping their minutes down. If all 3 can play we should be able to beat most teams with them playing around 30 minutes. Need to improve the depth and around the margins. Offseason we need AJ, AJJ and Marjon all staying in Milwaukee to work on their games and preseason we need to play them a ton to see if there's anything there.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
nagawicka
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#644 » by nagawicka » Sun May 5, 2024 6:32 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I don't get this take. If we learned anything against the Pacers, it's that our bench suuuuuuuuuucked. It sucked so badly

That happens when you refuse to develop your younger & bottom-roster players. 'Oh, yah, they're trash' is not a winning team philosophy. It's not a basketball philosophy at all. One-horse teams always fail this way. Why would the most-valued effective team-players sign with a franchise knowing that if they even get minutes, they'll never be involved in on-court play.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#645 » by Dick Tate » Sun May 5, 2024 7:39 pm

The deck chairs were arranged around a core of Giannis, Khris and Jrue. That wasn’t the ship that sailed.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#646 » by -Jragon- » Sun May 5, 2024 7:51 pm

Khris is so polarizing because everything is contradictory.

-- love his offense; defense is rough
-- most effective inside the arc ; gets most turnovers and injuries inside the arc
-- most effective playing one on one ball; we actually need someone who will be effective off ball so Dame and GA can be the main actions
-- has a really good 4 plays in a row; has 4 garbage plays in a row where his turnovers lead straight to dunks

To me, as the 3 lead dog itself a wash and I can live with all that if the coach can control him

To me, and MANY mentioned this during the year. We look average age and speed when Khris sat; but when he plays we look like the slowest/oldest 80yr old average age team. And we can't. The last couple years he's been the slowest NBA player under 6'10 that I've ever seen. Like just why is he so slow. He came back from a Damn wrist surgery and looked slow wtf. Run... fcking run. Jae Crowder too... they both look like they have sh#t in their pants everytime they "run." Either A. Hire a personal trainer to help your speed and mobility like Aaron Rodgers did or B. Go to a different team and eat/sit your way out of the league.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,988

Post#647 » by Prez » Sun May 5, 2024 7:57 pm

We had a +17.2 net rating when Khris was on the floor with Giannis & Dame, and a +3.7 net rating when Giannis/Dame were on court without him this season.

Any of this "we look like X with Khris, Y without him" stuff as a knock on him is straight bull ****. It was obvious all season that the best version of this team was with him as the connector alongside the top 2, and he showed in the playoffs that he's still got it in him to do more when asked to do so as well.

If you wanna bring up health concerns, that's fair, but from a basketball perspective I'm not trying to hear that nonsense.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#648 » by theFireBlanket » Sun May 5, 2024 8:07 pm

Prez wrote:Any of this "we look like X with Khris, Y without him" stuff as a knock on him is straight bull ****. It was obvious all season that the best version of this team was with him as the connector alongside the top 2, and he showed in the playoffs that he's still got it in him to do more when asked to do so as well.

If you wanna bring up health concerns, that's fair, but from a basketball perspective I'm not trying to hear that nonsense.

Something clicked for Dame too, watching what Khris does during that series. See his game 6 press conference. Next year those 3 are going another level together.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#649 » by Prez » Sun May 5, 2024 8:15 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
Prez wrote:Any of this "we look like X with Khris, Y without him" stuff as a knock on him is straight bull ****. It was obvious all season that the best version of this team was with him as the connector alongside the top 2, and he showed in the playoffs that he's still got it in him to do more when asked to do so as well.

Something clicked for Dame too, watching what Khris does during that series. See his game 6 press conference. Next year those 3 are going another level together.

It looked clear to me that Dame had a playoff switch and he flipped it on for the first couple games. It's what makes him getting hurt so painful, on top of Giannis already being hurt. As down as I was on some of the role guys (Bobby, Pat, Beasley), I felt the core trio had something special brewing for the playoffs and we just didn't really get to see it play out.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,323

Post#650 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2024 8:38 pm

trwi7 wrote:This and we could also probably rest at least one of them every once in a while against weaker teams. Giannis/Mids plus the rest should be able to handle Charlotte. Lillard/Mids should be able to handle Detroit etc. Or you could get a tough game at home coming off a long West Coast trip or something and just decide to rest all 3.

I'm not sure which season you just watched, but the one I saw required us to overcome 20+ point deficits against the likes the Portland. Then even when the "better" coach took over, he couldn't get the team over .500.

But tell me more about this juggernaut along the lines of Bud's 2018-19 team that's going to be able to rest Giannis, Dame and Midds for 15-20 games apiece (assuming they even stay healthy all year) and still coast to the 3rd seed.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#651 » by -Jragon- » Sun May 5, 2024 8:49 pm

Prez wrote:We had a +17.2 net rating when Khris was on the floor with Giannis & Dame, and a +3.7 net rating when Giannis/Dame were on court without him this season.

Any of this "we look like X with Khris, Y without him" stuff as a knock on him is straight bull ****. It was obvious all season that the best version of this team was with him as the connector alongside the top 2, and he showed in the playoffs that he's still got it in him to do more when asked to do so as well.

Small sample size and all regular season games where teams go through the motions and noone really scouts or game plans much for each other. Slow is slow... you really think we can be that slow at the 3 again and survive against these fast a$$ teams in a series? The health and the slow go together anyways so you can't really seperate those.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#652 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun May 5, 2024 9:01 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Prez wrote:We had a +17.2 net rating when Khris was on the floor with Giannis & Dame, and a +3.7 net rating when Giannis/Dame were on court without him this season.

Small sample size and all regular season games where teams go through the motions and noone really scouts or game plans much for each other. Slow is slow... you really think we can be that slow at the 3 again and survive against these fast a$$ teams in a series? The health and the slow go together anyways so you can't really seperate those.

Also, despite having poor lateral quickness, Khris is actually a good defender. He uses his length to contest shots, and he's smart as hell.

Yeah some teams are fast, but inspite of their speed, they can't make Khis miss. He remains a massive impact player.

Focus on the areas that actually hurt the team, like SG, or not having an all world big man because the medical staff ruined his season.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#653 » by Prez » Sun May 5, 2024 9:15 pm

-Jragon- wrote:

We're talking 750 minute and 1000 minute samples respectively, so no, not really down with throwing that out just because it doesn't align with the narrative you're trying to push.

Also you wanna talk playoff series? Khris gave us 25/9/5 in our playoff series and we were -15.1 point per 100 possessions without him on the floor. Khris was literally one of the only positives in that series, the main reason we even had a chance in that series, and you're in here trying to rip on him lmao.

This dumb "we're slow and old with Khris" narrative you're trying to push doesn't hold up to even the mildest scrutiny. If the team is on the slower older side (it is), you fix the personnel issues that are actual problems, like the one dimensional or washed up role players (Beasley, Pat, Crowder, Bobby, etc).
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#654 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 9:39 pm

Dick Tate wrote:The deck chairs were arranged around a core of Giannis, Khris and Jrue. That wasn’t the ship that sailed.

This is probably the simplest and most effective way of saying what I thought about this season/roster.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#655 » by -Jragon- » Sun May 5, 2024 10:17 pm

Prez wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

We're talking 750 minute and 1000 minute samples respectively, so no, not really down with throwing that out just because it doesn't align with the narrative you're trying to push.

Also you wanna talk playoff series? Khris gave us 25/9/5 in our playoff series and we were -15.1 point per 100 possessions without him on the floor. Khris was literally one of the only positives in that series, the main reason we even had a chance in that series, and you're in here trying to rip on him lmao.

This dumb "we're slow and old with Khris" narrative you're trying to push doesn't hold up to even the mildest scrutiny. If the team is on the slower older side (it is), you fix the personnel issues that are actual problems, like the one dimensional or washed up role players (Beasley, Pat, Crowder, Bobby, etc).

In the playoffs he did look great in the Joe Johnson role but, again, we don't really need that next to Dame and GA (plus, look, we lost like that) .. will he be willing to Ginobli off the bench - where we would really need that type of scoring? If so, I'm back in.

People saying KM was challenging Indy shots with all his length should watch the 2nd half of game 6 again.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#656 » by Prez » Sun May 5, 2024 10:22 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Prez wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

In the playoffs he did look great in the Joe Johnson role but, again, we don't really need that next to Dame and GA (plus, look, we lost like that) .. will he be willing to Ginobli off the bench - where we would really need that type of scoring? If so, I'm back in.

People saying KM was challenging Indy shots with all his length should watch the 2nd half of game 6 again.

We're just going in circles here because you're going back to how Khris fits next to Giannis and Dame, I'm gonna bring up (again) how Khris as a 6th man is totally unnecessary and we blew the doors off teams with Khris on the floor with Giannis/Dame and how Giannis/Dame weren't all that dominant when Khris was off the floor, you're gonna dismiss those numbers because "sample size" or "meh regular season", while providing zero stats/evidence of your own to support anything that you're saying. We're not really getting anywhere here so agree to disagree I guess.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,043

Post#657 » by Daver » Sun May 5, 2024 10:35 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:

I agree 100% think dame feels like he let the team down alittle bit just a gut feeling but i really think whorver plays the SG next year giannis midds dame just a hunch will absolutely destroy teams.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#658 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun May 5, 2024 10:58 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Dick Tate wrote:The deck chairs were arranged around a core of Giannis, Khris and Jrue. That wasn’t the ship that sailed.

This is probably the simplest and most effective way of saying what I thought about this season/roster.
Yeah, well said.

Kinda like when they kept playing Larry Sanders defense without Larry Sanders.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#659 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 10:59 pm

-Jragon- wrote:In the playoffs he did look great in the Joe Johnson role but, again, we don't really need that next to Dame and GA (plus, look, we lost like that) .. will he be willing to Ginobli off the bench - where we would really need that type of scoring? If so, I'm back in.

The year the Spurs won in 06 (before Kawhi) their top lineup used was the Duncan/Manu/Parker trio (+ role players). Their third and fourth as well. The top lineup where Manu played without the Duncan/Parker pairing, or even either individually, was a lineup that posted 54 minutes the entire season. During the playoffs the top Manu lineup without BOTH Duncan and Parker netted 25 minutes, Parker was in that lineup as well.

I think you can find fun ways to stagger Dame/Khris/Giannis. I think it starts with finding a lot of role players that fit the puzzle perfectly and even then the best puzzle you're going to put together is probably the 3.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,992

Post#660 » by soxperry » Sun May 5, 2024 11:32 pm

all i can think about is who we are going to target at the 2 guard. you would think that if we are keeping Middleton, we have the luxury of going straight defensive specialist who can knock down catch and shoot 3s. So this doesn't need to be a Jrue Holiday type. Shouldn't cost us all of our assets.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks