Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,073

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#161 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Bev is 35 though... would we give him like a 2 year 15 mil? or do we just let him walk and hope we find a younger Bev lol

We can't give him that much nor should we. His one year deal with Philly was $3.2 million.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,055

Post#162 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:29 pm

*insert Why not Both? meme*

36-year old Pat Bev shouldn't be commanding any more than the vet minimum or room exception so just get it done. Flip Marjon for Davion Mitchell or draft Devin Carter with your 1st round pick. Profit.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#163 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 pm

German Athens wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:*insert Why not Both? meme*

36-year old Pat Bev shouldn't be commanding any more than the vet minimum or room exception so just get it done. Flip Marjon for Davion Mitchell or draft Devin Carter with your 1st round pick. Profit.

Would you do Bobby + 23 to move up to draft Carter?

You shouldn't need Bobby to move up that far unless he somehow goes in the Top-10. Just package 23 and 33 to move up into the mid-teens.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,182

Post#164 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 pm

If Horst leaves, go after Connelly since his contract with Minny expires this year.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
landoc88
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#165 » by landoc88 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:37 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:That Horst leak is something, man. (I absolutely believe it)

Horst is gone to Detroit. That much seems clear.

Is this confirmed? Bring in Bob Meyers then.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,243

Post#166 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 pm

Don't know why anyone would want Pat Bev around after the experience we got this time around.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,624

Post#167 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Keep the big three - Giannis, Khris, Dame - plus AJJ and AJG. I'm not as high on AJJ and AJG as many here, but they are young and certainly have some obvious strengths. Hopefully, they'll keep improving and can be starters or important bench contributors.

Everyone else is expendable. I'd like to see Bobby stay a Buck. Obviously his ejection in Game 4 was awful (though I kind of think it was BS), but he brings energy and instant offense off the bench. I wouldn't be upset if Lopez comes back - I mean, who doesn't like Brook? - but we really need some guys who can cover up his weaknesses as he ages.

But really, keep Giannis, Khris, Dame, AJJ, and AJG and be open to offers on guys still under contract. I'm not letting them go just to let them go, though. Try to get younger and more athletic - bringing in some spry "dogs" is key, I think. Guys who are willing to run around and make life miserable for opposing offenses.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,843

Post#168 » by TroyD92 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Doc can't be much worse of a GM then he is a coach right?
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,250

Post#169 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:47 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I have it in my head that "Nurkic sucks" because we just witnessed him get completely annihilated in a 1st round playoff series vs. a team that didn't even need to go small, while also being a negative asset last offseason that had to be folded into the Dame trade just so Portland could get off his contract. What teams out there would look at that and be like, "Yeah, sign me up" and gladly take on his contract without an asset attached, i.e. view him as even neutral value? Nurkic is actually what every single anti-Brook guy thinks Brook is.

Then he went on to be a perfectly adequate starter for 75 games for a winning playoff team. Thus, doesn't "suck". He's just overpaid by a few mil. And we just watched brook get annihilated in the 1st round two years in a row getting paid 150% as much money as him. Don't get me wrong, I've been on the why do teams keep drafting traditional bigs high in draft and why do they keep paying them for ten years, but reality is they still do. Like I can't fathom why the Uconn big is being mocked so high. But 2/35 is not even close to one of the worst contracts in the league.

What team would look at a 37 year old getting 25 mil per year for one more year who can't play in the playoffs vs most teams because he's the slowest player (who actually plays) in the league and say sign me up? Also knowing that they lose that salary slot after the year because the guy is so old you'd be a fool to sign him to anything more than league min. Any of the 'expiring contract' stuff applies right back to Nurkic next year and since he's paid so much less than Brook you're darn near getting two years for the same amount of money.

I do find it funny watching a guy who I was told over and over "sucks" torch Brook this whole series has been fun though.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#170 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Don't know why anyone would want Pat Bev around after the experience we got this time around.

Don't win game one without him. What do you mean?

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,243

Post#171 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Chris Hayes went on the Le Batard show this morning and dispelled the notion that Lillard is unhappy in Milwaukee and wants to make things work in Milwaukee.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,250

Post#172 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:52 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Don't know why anyone would want Pat Bev around after the experience we got this time around.

Yea it's not like I'd be looking to pay him any legit money but for a cheap backup he seems perfectly fine. Plays hard on D, can hit an open 3. Hopefully get a better younger version of him to start next to Dame and keep him as a backup
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Ron Swanson
RealGM

Post#173 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

You guys are ready for it, right? Nearly a decade after we all panicked when Kidd was angling for the President of Basketball Ops position......

-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#174 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:

He's probably talking about the freak injury.
theFireBlanket
RealGM

Post#175 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

Resign Bev.

Trade Bobby unless he comes back with a vengeance & spurs a series comeback.

That was super unprofessional Under those circumstances. Coach builds him up, & makes him the featured bucket getter with Dame & Giannis out. Only to take the easy out.

Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,093

Post#176 » by Siefer » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 pm

That Horst leak is brutal. (And I believe it's real) Yeah, I can see not wanting to deal with getting overruled on the coaching hire, above and below, twice in 6 months.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#177 » by Bernman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:09 pm

Trade:
*Dame - too old, extend the championship window, target D. Murray, K. Murray, Mik. Bridges + role guy (3-way trade)
*Bobby - the honeymoon's over, some teams will see him as more value than us, prospect/role guy/move up in draft

50/50:
*Brook - 1 of him & Bobby def have to go, trading both while replenishing C options might be tough
*Pat - reasonable contract, got something left probably, but he's nothing special, & we could get younger
*MarJon - too many fringy guys, maybe pick up a fresh project at another position (or high 2nd)

Let go:
*Beasley
*Crowder
*Gallo
*Thanasis - too many wastes at the end of the roster, especially at wing, convince him to become a coach

Re-sign:
*Beverley - he's hungry, made the other guys be

Keep:
*Midds - got 5 more years in him, then retires as Buck & possibly NBA Hall of Famer ala Bobby Dandridge
*1st rd pick - let someone else besides Horst make it, I'd go Colorado SF Tristan Da Silva or Kel'el Ware
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,938

Post#178 » by emunney » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:Mark my words, Doc will be our new GM. Doc probably can read what's going on, he has owners favor and with Horst going out he'll fall upwards.

Doc to the front office, Joerger to head coach?

You guys are late. But it's fine. Let's get started
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#179 » by tydett » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:17 pm

This postseason has highlighted that it's the supporting cast that's problematic, not the core. Easy to shuffle them around and look for better fits. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Cut the chaff, find some dudes who need a change of scenery, bubble wrap our stars and go win next year.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#180 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:20 pm

Bernman wrote:Trade:
*Dame - too old, extend the championship window, target D. Murray, K. Murray, Mik. Bridges + role guy (3-way trade)
*Bobby - the honeymoon's over, some teams will see him as more value than us, prospect/role guy/move up in draft

50/50:
*Brook - 1 of him & Bobby def have to go, trading both while replenishing C options might be tough
*Pat - reasonable contract, got something left probably, but he's nothing special, & we could get younger
*MarJon - too many fringy guys, maybe pick up a fresh project at another position (or high 2nd)

Let go:
*Beasley
*Crowder
*Gallo
*Thanasis - too many wastes at the end of the roster, especially at wing, convince him to become a coach

Re-sign:
*Beverley - he's hungry, made the other guys be

Keep:
*Midds - got 5 more years in him, then retires as Buck & possibly NBA Hall of Famer ala Bobby Dandridge
*1st rd pick - let someone else besides Horst make it, I'd go Colorado SF Tristan Da Silva

Did you hear the Adidas story about Giannis?????? Thanasis isn't going anywhere -- Just give that one up and shore up the other 14 dudes.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks