ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,298

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#421 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:37 pm

The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
Do it for Chuck
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#422 » by LUKE23 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:43 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

It always does come down to health, but the Big 3 had a net rating of +17.5 in 758 minutes. Only one 3-man lineup with 500+ minutes was better this season.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,298

Post#423 » by jakecronus8 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:44 pm

LUKE23 wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

It always does come down to health,
Do it for Chuck
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,762

Post#424 » by DanoMac » Fri May 3, 2024 6:48 pm

Detroit wants to make Horst their POBO
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 753

Post#425 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:55 pm

Dame & Khris have value again. They can go tbh
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,921

Post#426 » by fansinceforever » Fri May 3, 2024 6:56 pm

I understand the contingent of this board that wants to rock with the Big 3 again most likely because they don't think we'll get fair value for Middleton or Dame. Fair point.

I'm just skeptical of how we semi-overhaul our 4-8 without moving a major piece.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#427 » by neiLz » Fri May 3, 2024 6:56 pm

Health and the coaching search doomed the bucks this year.

It's a BIG if for them to stay healthy. only way they can keep this core together is to somehow draft or trade for about 2-3 young athletes that doc will be forced to play and hope they can be some type of contributors. Dame/Giannis/Khris is absolutely elite when healthy.

I am not sure what they could get for khris or dame in a trade. I am not sure they can get value that they want back for either of them.

Coaching:

AG was the absolute worst hire you could have made. He wasn't ready to coach a championship level team. I have no idea how they decided on him. Even if he was Giannis hand picked coach, there is no way in hell he should have been hired.

Doc sucks too but he at least can manage stars. But he can't develop guys and doesnt play young guys. He's also just a bad fit for this team, but they were backed into a corner and had to settle for him.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,987

Post#428 » by Prez » Fri May 3, 2024 7:28 pm

The Giannis/Dame/Khris trio is like the one thing that I feel actually confident in lol. I’m not moving Dame/Khris unless a team throws a stupid offer at us. It’s the aging and or one dimensional role players that need to be moved, which is basically everyone outside of AJ/Dre lol. Starting with the front court, we absolutely need to move on from Bobby, and I think it’s time to find a more athletic C to replace Brook as well.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,085

Post#429 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 3, 2024 7:37 pm

DanoMac wrote:Detroit wants to make Horst their POBO

Based on the rumor most likely leaked by his agent? The actual names floated around since then don't include him. Not that it won't happen, it certainly could.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,936

Post#430 » by buckboy » Fri May 3, 2024 7:45 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:
midranger wrote:
German Athens wrote:
Notably, Isaac is making almost twice as much as pat, so we would have needed to likely trade Bobby along with pat to get that done.

Yeah, I had a bigger 3 way thing going, but that was the base of the Orl/Mke swap

Edit: IIRC im pretty sure it was something along the line of…
Mke: Eason, Tate, Isaac
ORL: Conny, Jeff green
Hou: Lopez, Marjon

this is the move right here!

Assuming Orlando's GM had some kind of a brain injury.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#431 » by JayMKE » Fri May 3, 2024 7:46 pm

Not sure how the team is going to acquire these players to put around the core if you don't want to trade anyone besides Portis & Connaughton nor does 1 or 2 decent defenders solve the fact that Brook, Khris, and Lopez are liabilities in a lot of match ups. 2nd apron makes even the bunko ways we had to improve before are shut off, Dame/Khris/Lopez probably means most of the same roleplayers probably save Malik & Jae & maybe Pat Bev too. :-?

There is no option the team needs to be broke apart for it to get better, there are no other avenues other than hoping the stars align with essentially the same team. I don't have much faith in Beauchamp, AJJ, or AJ Green being big contributors at this point.

These guys can iso score with the best of them when healthy I guess but I just don't see any way this is a contending team as constructed especially with Doc Rivers as coach & no bench. If you thought last year was over then its really over with this year, Giannis being hurt basically is saving face on this disastrous season like what if but really as if. This team didn't look anywhere close to a contender with Giannis healthy this year, imo its the Pacers who look really bad playing down to the Bucks sans Giannis level.
FREE GIANNIS
slos
Starter
And1: 1,196

Post#432 » by slos » Fri May 3, 2024 7:46 pm

Honestly I’m not mad at anyone.

1. Horst had to fire Bud and let Giannis pick the coach while bringing him Dame to make him extend his contract. Once again Horst was quick enough to correct an offseason mistake firing Griffin and help somehow the team in the deadline with PatBev.

2. Giannis is maybe the one to blame forcing Horst hand making stupid things, but who can blame Giannis in Milwaukee after all his success?

3. Dame is only natural to struggle is his first season in a team not named Blazers in a dysfunctional environment with some really bad coaching.

4. Midds showed up when it mattered.

5. Brook and Portis also delivered. You can’t expect from these guys superstar performances because your superstar got injured.

6. Doc milked two playoff wins and lost one in extra time in a series that could easily be a sweep without Giannis and part time Dame.

All I’m saying is give this team another opportunity, but 100% help this group become more athletic. Just let all the vets walk and surround the core with younger players that can sacrifice their bodies in D and make some smart plays.

Lillard……….#23
Green………..Connaughton
Middleton….Beauchamp
Giannis………Jackson………....Livingston
Lopez…………Portis…….……….#33

That’s the team after the draft and I will be excited if the last spots are filled with some more young players. Horst needs to be smart and avoid bringing vets to force Doc’s hand play AJ/AJJ/Marjon etc.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#433 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 8:04 pm

Siefer wrote:Can't imagine they bring Bev back after this. Toxic af.

He showed out this year. Someone is giving him a 2/3 year deal
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#434 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 8:16 pm

I tried to +1 this more times but it deleted my original +1
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,762

Post#435 » by DanoMac » Fri May 3, 2024 8:23 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
DanoMac wrote:Detroit wants to make Horst their POBO

Based on the rumor most likely leaked by his agent? The actual names floated around since then don't include him. Not that it won't happen, it certainly could.

Nehm wrote about it today--

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10119728-nba-rumors-bucks-jon-horst-expected-to-draw-interest-from-pistons-for-top-exec-job
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,748

Post#436 » by msiris » Fri May 3, 2024 8:30 pm

Fire Horst and Doc
Ride the tank
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,524

Post#437 » by Milbucks96 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:57 pm

Seen a Giannis quote on Reddit from Nehm’s article today. Said he wasn’t close to being 100% but still tried to play. Said he could only run like 30-40% of full speed. Soon as he went down, ‘24 contention was over.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,085

Post#438 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 3, 2024 9:05 pm

Some on here think the medical staff are idiots and it's obvious he should have been playing.

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#439 » by fan230 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:08 pm

msiris wrote:Fire Horst and Doc

Surely worth considering.

We need a load management coach to minimize injuries.

Is it even possible to poach Brad Stevens from the Celtics? He just won Exec of the year and I thought he was brilliant as a coach earlier with the Celtics.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,601

Post#440 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 9:27 pm

Trade 1:

Bucks receive: DeJounte Murray, Nikola Jovic, Duncan Robinson
Hawks receive: Tyler Herro, 1st rounder (Heat), 2nd rounder (Bucks-highest)
Heat receive: Damian Lillard

Trade 2:

Bucks receive: Bruce Brown (extension?)
Spurs receive: Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, Marjon Beauchamp
Raptors receive: Tre Jones, Devonte Graham, 1st rd pick ('25, CHI, top 10 protected)

Draft: Tristan Da Silva/Kel'el Ware

Giannis/Brook
Jovic/TDS or Ware
Midds/AJJ/Robinson
Brown/Green
Murray/Bev
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Milwaukee Bucks