Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,255

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#441 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 3, 2024 9:27 pm

I think it's weird that people are blaming a lack of load management, when there's absolutely no evidence that it works.

Sometimes guys just get injured.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#442 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 9:33 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think it's weird that people are blaming a lack of load management, when there's absolutely no evidence that it works.

There was a west coast trip in March with only like 4 games in 18 days or something between travel. Doctor's or Giannis saying whether he CAN travel with the team and try to play and keep pushing it each day -- that's great to have. I feel like there should be a seperate guy that makes longer range decisions. If you stepped back, you could see that the playoffs are just 4/5 weeks away and letting him get OFF the leg for 18 or more days gives you the highest chance that he's ready for game 1. Someone else that's not Giannis and isn't a doctor should help make those calls.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#443 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri May 3, 2024 9:35 pm

I guess it makes me feel better I didn't waster money on second round playoff tickets that would've been $150 a piece knowing Giannis probably wouldn't play
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#444 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 9:37 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I think it's weird that people are blaming a lack of load management, when there's absolutely no evidence that it works.

I do agree with that, but letting guys play who are injured might not be the best idea, at least not right before the playoffs.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#445 » by JayMKE » Fri May 3, 2024 9:39 pm

maybe if horst leaves then doc gets promoted to executive and we can hire another coach, probably not :oops:
FREE GIANNIS
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#446 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 3, 2024 9:41 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:

I do agree with that, but letting guys play who are injured might not be the best idea, at least not right before the playoffs.

I don't think anyone let that happen. Some guys might have been hurt or sore. All players deal with that and play. No one is 100% in April.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#447 » by -Jragon- » Fri May 3, 2024 9:42 pm

-Jragon- wrote:

There was a west coast trip in March with only like 4 games in 18 days or something between travel. Doctor's or Giannis saying whether he CAN travel with the team and try to play and keep pushing it each day -- that's great to have. I feel like there should be a seperate guy that makes longer range decisions. If you stepped back, you could see that the playoffs are just 4/5 weeks away and letting him get OFF the leg for 18 or more days gives you the highest chance that he's ready for game 1. Someone else that's not Giannis and isn't a doctor should help make those calls.

It probably would have to be the coaches that talk about it and override Giannis's wish to go.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#448 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 9:42 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I have to disagree. What if you use Bobby, plus the 2 1sts that we can trade and add a 4th core player? I think that would be huge. I think we can get a quality 1st plus more for Bobby, that we give us a 3 1sts package to get the 2 way combo guard that we've always needed and never have had.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#449 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 9:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

I don't think anyone let that happen. Some guys might have been hurt or sore. All players deal with that and play. No one is 100% in April.

Both Giannis and Dame were on the injury reports game after game. That's more than soreness. Both guys were getting daily treatment.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#450 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 9:45 pm

Doc, Dame and Giannis all seem to be focused on the next season already and gearing for training camp. If Horst leaves, I'd be shocked if they let a new GM hire their own coach. So, whoever takes this job inherits Doc lol.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#451 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 3, 2024 9:48 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Both Giannis and Dame were on the injury reports game after game. That's more than soreness. Both guys were getting daily treatment.

That's normal.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#452 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 9:51 pm

Daver wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I realize we are in win now mode as long as Giannis is here. But I really don't want to trade away any more firsts. We have no firsts or have pick swaps for the next several years.

Considering our big 3 only played in like 15 games together is startling to me that people want dame or midds traded.The bucks starting 5 had the best O rating in basketball this team won 49 games with only playing together 15 games or so. Hang onto this core, you will have a full training camp to work with everyone, a very motivated dame n giannis.This team can and I think it will be extremely dangerous next year with some slight tinkering around the edges.

Agree. Now imagine the 4 starting returnees combined with a 2 way combo guard that could weaponize our offense while locking down the point of attack. When Dame sits, he moves to PG. If someone injured, he's another scorer and playmaker.

The already league leading rating would go though the roof.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#453 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 9:54 pm

Who's the next Coby White? That's who we should get. Imagine if we'd let Brook walk and instead signed White? We didn't know last year it would be a great move, but we'd still be playing.
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 258

Post#454 » by yb90 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:58 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:The hope is that Midd turning back the clock for a couple games gets another team to bite. If they run back this same core next year I just have to throw my hands in the air and give up. Trying to switch up the rotation spots 4-10 around the current top 3 is shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

I have to disagree. What if you use Bobby, plus the 2 1sts that we can trade and add a 4th core player? I think that would be huge. I think we can get a quality 1st plus more for Bobby, that we give us a 3 1sts package to get the 2 way combo guard that we've always needed and never have had.

What 2 way combo guard is out there?

I wonder if the Pistons would give up on Ivey? I'd even be okay with Stewart if that was possible.

Will the Blazers give up on Sharpe?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#455 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 3, 2024 10:01 pm

I'd say that Frank Madden and the LOB pod in general are some of the most reserved Bucks media/content outlets when it comes to criticism of the organization, but even he was kinda incredulous as to why they kept trotting Giannis out there through the Achilles soreness, a high minutes workload (again, 37+ MPG in March) and on B2B's.

Predictable consequences, and look no further than everyone (including me at times) throwing out the "big deal, Giannis is a cyborg" stuff because we've been spoiled and under the illusion that he's still as indestructible as he was in his early-mid 20's. He's right around the age where Pop stopped riding Duncan so hard, and the organization and coaching staff have to understand that and have a plan going forward.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,627

Post#456 » by RogerMurdock » Fri May 3, 2024 10:03 pm

It's just unforgivable that the team could have so many key injuries with a doctor as the head coach.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#457 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 10:07 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:It's just unforgivable that the team could have so many key injuries with a doctor as the head coach.

Technically had 2 doctors as head coaches this year.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,601

Post#458 » by Bernman » Fri May 3, 2024 10:13 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I'd say that Frank Madden and the LOB pod in general are some of the most reserved Bucks media/content outlets when it comes to criticism of the organization, but even he was kinda incredulous as to why they kept trotting Giannis out there through the Achilles soreness, a high minutes workload (again, 37+ MPG in March) and on B2B's.

Predictable consequences, and look no further than everyone (including me at times) throwing out the "big deal, Giannis is a cyborg" stuff because we've been spoiled and under the illusion that he's still as indestructible as he was in his early-mid 20's. He's right around the age where Pop stopped riding Duncan so hard, and the organization and coaching staff have to understand that and have a plan going forward.

They felt desperate because they were floundering and wanted to avoid the play-in.

The Bucks could have conceded automatic qualification, for lower health risk. The lowest they could have fell was 8. So they'd still have 2 cracks at it. However, then your immediate reward could have been the Celtics. I guess you had to play them some time.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#459 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 10:28 pm

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,691

Post#460 » by BroncoBuck » Fri May 3, 2024 10:31 pm

Bernman wrote:Trade 1:

Bucks receive: DeJounte Murray, Nikola Jovic, Duncan Robinson
Hawks receive: Tyler Herro, 1st rounder (Heat), 2nd rounder (Bucks-highest)
Heat receive: Damian Lillard

Trade 2:

Bucks receive: Bruce Brown (extension?)
Spurs receive: Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, Marjon Beauchamp
Raptors receive: Tre Jones, Devonte Graham, 1st rd pick ('25, CHI, top 10 protected)

Draft: Tristan Da Silva/Kel'el Ware

Giannis/Brook
Jovic/TDS or Ware
Midds/AJJ/Robinson
Brown/Green
Murray/Bev

The Hawks would get less than what Miami was offering for Dame last year…Herro and 2 **** **** picks. Herro and Trae Young would be the worst back court in the league defensively. I’m not a big Murray fan, but that’s brutal.

It’s hard to do anything with Atlanta really, their future might just be blowing it up.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks