ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,006

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#501 » by Plossum » Sat May 4, 2024 8:00 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Does anyone have any big swing ideas they wanna share?

OKC would never do it but:

Brook for Casson Wallace and Aaron Wiggins.

They might like the idea of a bigger, experienced, 5 who can shoot and play D on Jokic.

We get a couple of young guys with promise.
#LockUpChuck
GregAz
Ballboy
And1: 55

Post#502 » by GregAz » Sat May 4, 2024 8:59 am

I don't know how realistic any of these are but....

Trade 1:

Bucks receive: Tari Eason, Jock Landale
Rockets receive receive: Bobby

Rockets get some offensive firepower and rebounding,
Bucks get a promising young guy who is a great fit along with a backup big.

I really don't have a great sense on the value on this one as I don't know how much the Rockets would want Bobby or how much they want to keep Eason, compounded with Eason's injury this year. I would be willing to throw in our first this year to get it done.

Trade 2:

Bucks receive: Lu Dort, Jaylin Williams
Thunder receive: Matisse Thybulle, Brook Lopez
Blazers receive: Pat Connaughton, Marjon, Pick 33 from Bucks, 2025 first round from OKC

Thunder lose Dort, but get a great defender back in Thybulle, and get Brook to solve their biggest problem of not enough size.

Blazers lose Thybulle but get good draft compensation and a flyer on Marjon and a return of Pat C.

Bucks get an excellent defender in Dort who can help cover up issues with Dame and Khris, plus he is an ok catch and shoot player on offense. Jaylin Williams could be a decent fit as a big when paired with Giannis.

Dame/ Vet min (maybe Pat Bev??)
Dort/ AJ Green/ Dre
Khris/ Eason/ Dre
Giannis/ Eason
Williams/ Landale

This roster looks much more versatile, younger, more athletic, and better defensively.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#503 » by LuessiT » Sat May 4, 2024 9:09 am

I think we should move on from both Portis and Lopez.

Portis is a really good player blocked by a MVP. It’s no wonder he’s blossoming while Giannis is out. Let’s cash in on him and fix more glaring holes in our roster, because when we have a healthy big 3, his skillset is not nearly as needed as it is right now.

Lopez is still a valueable regular season player and can work in some post season matchups. Defensively we want someone that can also guard the perimeter (and let Giannis guard the rim versus non physical bigs) and offensively we want someone that plays on the perimeter more.

Obviously then we need a big as replacement. Someone that can take the few physical bigs in the regular but also play and guard the perimeter. I do like WCJ in that role (often mentioned here), but I also like Beef Stew. I think either could work well next to Giannis.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#504 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 4, 2024 12:40 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
Bernman wrote:Trade 1:

Bucks receive: DeJounte Murray, Nikola Jovic, Duncan Robinson
Hawks receive: Tyler Herro, 1st rounder (Heat), 2nd rounder (Bucks-highest)
Heat receive: Damian Lillard

Trade 2:

Bucks receive: Bruce Brown (extension?)
Spurs receive: Bobby Portis, Pat Connaughton, Marjon Beauchamp
Raptors receive: Tre Jones, Devonte Graham, 1st rd pick ('25, CHI, top 10 protected)

Draft: Tristan Da Silva/Kel'el Ware

Giannis/Brook
Jovic/TDS or Ware
Midds/AJJ/Robinson
Brown/Green
Murray/Bev

The Hawks would get less than what Miami was offering for Dame last year…Herro and 2 **** **** picks. Herro and Trae Young would be the worst back court in the league defensively. I’m not a big Murray fan, but that’s brutal.

It’s hard to do anything with Atlanta really, their future might just be blowing it up.

Also beyond terrible for us. If we want Murray, we can get him without dealing Dame. Miami needs to give up so much more in this deal. They didn't have enough to get Dame last year, and don't now. Miami has reached the end.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#505 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat May 4, 2024 12:41 pm

dame/harden
middleton/george
giannis/kawhi
lopez/zubac

portis/powell
patc/mann
bev/pj
coffey/beasley
westbrook/ajj

doc/lue

lots of similarities there. i think the running it back plan is obviously what happens for both teams but thats still a huge mfin ugh

i also think we are waaaay overrating our championship odds even if "healthy". middleton going down two years ago after our championship and still almost beating boston i think we would have won that year. we would have gone back to back. but i think that was our peak. teams like ours and even teams in general dont have 5-6 year championship windows. and i dont want to hear is ongoing theory that as long as we have giannis the window is open either. it isnt. it just isnt. hes a great player and was a great champion but hes not that guy. way to many 1st round exits and sudden failure over the course of his career when he was healthy right in his prime.

so im not going to spend all summer talking about blowing it all up but i think if your honest you know its over. your heart and maybe even your brain can justify otherwise but your stomach knows it
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#506 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 4, 2024 12:44 pm

The Thunder would have absolutely zero interest in Lopez. They need playoff performers, and don't need to slum it for overpaid old guys.

They have a million draft picks they can trade, they can get anyone they want.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#507 » by pifhluk23 » Sat May 4, 2024 12:51 pm

Brook can really only go to teams looking to shed 23M of salary. The trade deadline might be the max value for him unfortunately.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#508 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Sat May 4, 2024 12:56 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:The Thunder would have absolutely zero interest in Lopez. They need playoff performers, and don't need to slum it for overpaid old guys.

here we agree. if the thunder want to go big they have the assets to go get anybody. they arent going to be interested in lopez unless it was somehow a short term last resort
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#509 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 4, 2024 1:02 pm

LuessiT wrote:I think we should move on from both Portis and Lopez.

Portis is a really good player blocked by a MVP. It’s no wonder he’s blossoming while Giannis is out. Let’s cash in on him and fix more glaring holes in our roster, because when we have a healthy big 3, his skillset is not nearly as needed as it is right now.

Lopez is still a valueable regular season player and can work in some post season matchups. Defensively we want someone that can also guard the perimeter (and let Giannis guard the rim versus non physical bigs) and offensively we want someone that plays on the perimeter more.

Obviously then we need a big as replacement. Someone that can take the few physical bigs in the regular but also play and guard the perimeter. I do like WCJ in that role (often mentioned here), but I also like Beef Stew. I think either could work well next to Giannis.

I 100% agree with the Portis part.

As for Brook, he's going no where because he has zero trade value. We do need to find an undervalued young center to apprentice behind him. I like Nick Richard's. Also, this one sounds crazy, but I highly doubt the Pistons offer Wiseman the RFA tender. I'd try to bring him in. Big men develop slow. He is progressing.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,076

Post#510 » by German Athens » Sat May 4, 2024 1:14 pm

LuessiT wrote:I think we should move on from both Portis and Lopez.

I agree wholeheartedly that we need to move off both of them this off-season.

Another name I’d throw out is kevon Looney. He’s not great against the biggest of bigs, but he moves his feet well and has positional versatility. He’s also only getting paid 8M this coming season.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#511 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 4, 2024 1:28 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:dame/harden
middleton/george
giannis/kawhi
lopez/zubac

portis/powell
patc/mann
bev/pj
coffey/beasley
westbrook/ajj

doc/lue

lots of similarities there. i think the running it back plan is obviously what happens for both teams but thats still a huge mfin ugh

i also think we are waaaay overrating our championship odds even if "healthy". middleton going down two years ago after our championship and still almost beating boston i think we would have won that year. we would have gone back to back. but i think that was our peak. teams like ours and even teams in general dont have 5-6 year championship windows. and i dont want to hear is ongoing theory that as long as we have giannis the window is open either. it isnt. it just isnt. hes a great player and was a great champion but hes not that guy. way to many 1st round exits and sudden failure over the course of his career when he was healthy right in his prime.

so im not going to spend all summer talking about blowing it all up but i think if your honest you know its over. your heart and maybe even your brain can justify otherwise but your stomach knows it

The big difference between the 2 is the Bucks starting lineup was the most successful in the league, the Bucks beat every top team comfortably, but simply didn't have Giannis in the playoffs. The Clippers had their top lineup for some playoff games, but just like in the regular season, the lineup just didn't dominate.

If the Bucks could have the top lineup in the league when it included an absolute bum like Beasley, and it didn't include our 4th best player, Portis, we can definitely build an even more overpowered team that can over come injuries.
The Wet Whistle
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#512 » by The Wet Whistle » Sat May 4, 2024 1:43 pm

Harry Giles is going to solve all our problems. Book it. I still believe
yb90
Pro Prospect
And1: 258

Post#513 » by yb90 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:50 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:The Thunder would have absolutely zero interest in Lopez. They need playoff performers, and don't need to slum it for overpaid old guys.

here we agree. if the thunder want to go big they have the assets to go get anybody. they arent going to be interested in lopez unless it was somehow a short term last resort

I disagree, they have the players around Lopez to make it work and he gives them something they don't have on Offense and defense. Give Lopez teammates that actually defend. I even think with better coaching, he will go back to rolling more and playing in the post more. Also, Lopez as a Bench big with less minutes will probably prolong his career.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,771

Post#514 » by jimmybones » Sat May 4, 2024 1:53 pm

If you're rolling with Dame/Khris/Giannis trio, and you should, you have to find two defenders that can move their feet. Give me the defensive equivalent of Beasley at guard and a big man that can move a little bit even if he can't shoot as well as Brook. The offense will be efficient with the big 3.

Also need an athletic longer wing for the bench, no idea how you find these parts but that's what we need.

Dame / ???
??? / AJJ
Khris / AJ Green
Giannis / Pat (but really could use a longer wing upgrade)
??? / ???
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#515 » by steger_3434 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:59 pm

I’m holding out hope with Dame/giannis because last year Luka/kyrie were pretty bad and now this year they are contenders playing well. Difference is they are much younger, but defensively they aren’t good and Luka is even more ball dominant than Giannis yet kyrie still is very involved.

The thing is our only chance is relying on health. Which all teams rely on, but our team at this point has proven it can’t stay healthy. It’s like saying if our threes fall we win while trotting out a lineup of 5 Dan gadzurichs

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#516 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 4, 2024 2:08 pm

yb90 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

I disagree, they have the players around Lopez to make it work and he gives them something they don't have on Offense and defense. Give Lopez teammates that actually defend. I even think with better coaching, he will go back to rolling more and playing in the post more. Also, Lopez as a Bench big with less minutes will probably prolong his career.

Doc gave him the green light to post more in the playoffs, but he would do it. If the opposition has a perimeter center, he's trash. No way the Thunder blow $23 million in cap space on this mediocre player, unless we attach draft assets. They have all the leverage.
yb90
Pro Prospect

Post#517 » by yb90 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:32 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Does anyone have any big swing ideas they wanna share?

Instead of 3 team Murray deal go after Trae Young who is a better passing version of Dame. Offensively, he arguably ahead of Dame's schedule as an efficient scorer. It would be a slight gamble due to his defensive shortcomings but he is younger and has not reached his prime yet.

2. If OKC miss out on Markkanen or Grant trade Middleton for Giddey. I am not really a fan of Giddey but he is younger and another player who has not reached his prime. I think he needs the ball more to reach his true potential which may hurt his development with the Bucks. In a perfect world, you do a 3 team deal with Washington sending Giddey for Adjiva if they are willing to trade defense for offense. Giddey can be their point forward and if he ever learns how to get to the FT line at a high level he would be nasty.

Middleton slides easily in for Giddey and they get a better shooter and clutch performer. They have the roster to keep him coasting until the playoffs.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#518 » by Ron Swanson » Sat May 4, 2024 2:32 pm

Thinking you need to attach assets to move Brook are the same ol' "Jrue has no trade value" posts from last offseason. And no, Brook isn't gonna be the centerpiece in a Dame trade, but it's like nobody ever learns that the league doesn't poo-poo good players like we do just because we see all their warts up close. Teams will value Brook because he's a good player that helps them next season and a limited financial investment.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#519 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat May 4, 2024 2:37 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Thinking you need to attach assets to move Brook are the same ol' "Jrue has no trade value" posts from last offseason. And no, Brook isn't gonna be the centerpiece in a Dame trade, but it's like nobody ever learns that the league doesn't poo-poo good players like we do just because we see all their warts up close. Teams will value Brook because he's a good player that helps them next season and a limited financial investment.

I agree (except in the case of OKC, they don't give up anything for anyone), but what do you think his value is?

Seems like he'd have more value to us, and we should be getting an actual center to apprentice behind him.
yb90
Pro Prospect

Post#520 » by yb90 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:43 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
yb90 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

Doc gave him the green light to post more in the playoffs, but he would do it. If the opposition has a perimeter center, he's trash. No way the Thunder blow $23 million in cap space on this mediocre player, unless we attach draft assets. They have all the leverage.

I don't believe Doc. Doc was still trying to post up Portis. It's hard to have 3 players that need Post touches on the floor at once. Lopez was the odd man out with Khris and Bobby. Who plays in the post on OKC? Lopez as a second unit guy is different than a starter. Also, OKC just traded for the shell of Gordon Hayward because of his experience. Lopez is a player that can actually still play.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks