And1: 4,772

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#61 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:11 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
James1980 wrote:
He's injury prone, my guy

He plays when it matters.

Do you actually believe this is a thing? That his missing 76 regular season games the last two seasons isn't cause for concern because that didn't happen to coincide with the playoffs? Was he not really that injured when he missed half of the last two seasons? I'm not even saying I want to trade Middleton, but I don't get the logic.

Had those been playoff games, he'd have come back much quicker. Both him and the team has said the same.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 400

Post#62 » by James1980 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 pm

He had a great last game not doubt, but he's been injured this series as well, sprained ankle.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#63 » by FrieAaron » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:23 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
He plays when it matters.

Do you actually believe this is a thing? That his missing 76 regular season games the last two seasons isn't cause for concern because that didn't happen to coincide with the playoffs? Was he not really that injured when he missed half of the last two seasons? I'm not even saying I want to trade Middleton, but I don't get the logic.

Had those been playoff games, he'd have come back much quicker. Both him and the team has said the same.

Sure, for some of them but I doubt that's the case for the majority. Maybe I'm wrong. And if I am, the obvious question is why the hell don't we give Giannis the same treatment?
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,154

Post#64 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

Sure, for some of them but I doubt that's the case for the majority. Maybe I'm wrong. And if I am, the obvious question is why the hell don't we give Giannis the same treatment?

Because they're different injuries?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,519

Post#65 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 pm

FrieAaron wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
FrieAaron wrote:

Oh, they will, from here on. And we're going to be really annoyed. lol
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,841

Post#66 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 pm

Giannis clearly has injury issues. Not sure what can really be done about it considering his size/playstyle
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ColeWorld23
Sixth Man
And1: 704

Post#67 » by ColeWorld23 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
ColeWorld23 wrote:We’re cursed man

We won a championship 3 years ago.

And the Packers won in 2011…
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#68 » by pifhluk23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:52 am

TroyD92 wrote:Giannis clearly has injury issues. Not sure what can really be done about it considering his size/playstyle

Could start by not playing him the most minutes he's played since he was young when we knew he had an injury nagging him. This organization had one of the worst decision making years in NBA history.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#69 » by Coach Carter » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:56 am

fansinceforever wrote:Middleton missing a lot of regular season games puts more pressure on Giannis to play often during the Regular season which is a big part of the reason he's not available now.

Let's not diminish the impact of Khris's availability. It's an issue.

That and our roster being mostly trash, especially this season. Last season we were good value with just Jrue, Brook and Bobby.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
fansinceforever
Analyst
And1: 1,910

Post#70 » by fansinceforever » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:15 am

Yeah, exactly. Build a roster that doesn't require him to play 35+ mins a night and expend so much energy constantly bailing out his teammates on defense. Do that and i'd bet he'd be fine.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#71 » by BigO » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:25 am

The one criticism that I find valid of Giannis and the coaching staff now and under Bud is that he hasn't developed a repertoire as a back to or close to the basket player. His almost total dependence on attacking the basket is causing all the wear and tear on him.

Giannis is not getting physically worn down because of his defense. It's his constant acrobatic plays on offense. Jokic and Embiid have old man games and Giannis needs to develop that, while still utilizing his attack game when needed (hint: the playoffs).
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,689

Post#72 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:16 am

fansinceforever wrote:Yeah, exactly. Build a roster that doesn't require him to play 35+ mins a night and expend so much energy constantly bailing out his teammates on defense. Do that and i'd bet he'd be fine.

We had that and everyone dogged the coach for it. The takeaway from the Raptors loss was that Giannis and company gassed out because they couldn’t play long stretches due to their lower minutes in the regular season. Bud built a system that inflated role players numbers and made them more playable.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,045

Post#73 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 am

Hard to find the sweet spot for minutes per game and games per season. Doc did ramp up his minutes in March, which I can understand to a point, trying to install new systems during the season is tough.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#74 » by Coach Carter » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:59 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
ColeWorld23 wrote:We’re cursed man

We won a championship 3 years ago.

This. How many contenders can say that? Also Giannis not experiencing any structural damage on that landing; very fortunate to say the least.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
yb90
Senior
And1: 255

Post#75 » by yb90 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 am

In retrospect the goal should've been finish 4th.

FAs I think the Bucks should look at

Lonnie Walker
Aaron Holiday
Naji Marshall
Derick Jones jr
Kenyon Martin Jr
Andre Drummond
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,154

Post#76 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 am

BigO wrote:The one criticism that I find valid of Giannis and the coaching staff now and under Bud is that he hasn't developed a repertoire as a back to or close to the basket player.

Coaching can put him in those spots but isn't it pretty much on Giannis mostly? I mean he spent the summer with Hakeem, came back and really didn't look like he added anything. I'm sure like Vin and co. have worked with him in practices and such. Like unfortunately he hasn't been impressive in those spots, if I'm a coach I'm not putting him there where he's average at best and not in the spots he's literally an absolute monster.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#77 » by pifhluk23 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

BigO wrote:The one criticism that I find valid of Giannis and the coaching staff now and under Bud is that he hasn't developed a repertoire as a back to or close to the basket player. His almost total dependence on attacking the basket is causing all the wear and tear on him.

Giannis is not getting physically worn down because of his defense. It's his constant acrobatic plays on offense. Jokic and Embiid have old man games and Giannis needs to develop that, while still utilizing his attack game when needed (hint: the playoffs).

That's one if not the reason to move on from him right now while getting max value. We could be set up for a decade with young guys and picks if we blow it up now instead of praying duct tape holds together our geriatric roster. It's crazy to me that people on this board (who are usually well ahead of regular fans) aren't willing to have the blow it up discussion. He'll be 30 next year, Dame 34, Brook 37 and Khris has the body of a 40 year old. It's also a lot less stressful watching a young team with no expectations.

If we run it back with minor improvements which is the most likely case then we need to be like Miami during the regular season. Rest everyone all the time and sneak into the playoffs even if it means being in the play in tournament.
Mtsportsfan
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#78 » by Mtsportsfan » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:34 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
BigO wrote:The one criticism that I find valid of Giannis and the coaching staff now and under Bud is that he hasn't developed a repertoire as a back to or close to the basket player. His almost total dependence on attacking the basket is causing all the wear and tear on him.

That's one if not the reason to move on from him right now while getting max value. We could be set up for a decade with young guys and picks if we blow it up now instead of praying duct tape holds together our geriatric roster. It's crazy to me that people on this board (who are usually well ahead of regular fans) aren't willing to have the blow it up discussion. He'll be 30 next year, Dame 34, Brook 37 and Khris has the body of a 40 year old. It's also a lot less stressful watching a young team with no expectations.

If we run it back with minor improvements which is the most likely case then we need to be like Miami during the regular season. Rest everyone all the time and sneak into the playoffs even if it means being in the play in tournament.

Maybe, hate the idea of trading Giannis , but its not such a far fetched idea as of late. Just don't trust Horst to use the picks .
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,988

Post#79 » by soxperry » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:55 pm

What a fitting end to a disaster season

Im extremely optimistic for next year though.

Our best players need to be back on that 32 mpg Bud program though. Giannis should not log 38 in any regular season game unless it goes to ot.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,520

Post#80 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 pm

He doesn’t have the touch for a predominantly back to the basket game. His efficiency, which is his main value offensively, will plummet. Giannis is who he is, can’t try to mold him into something he’s not.

I do agree his play style is the thing that’s causing his injuries but other than rest, what can you do? Giannis is going to try to chase down every guy that’s strips him or steals one of his passes. He’s going to try to poster someone every time they block his shot. He doesn’t care if it’s the hornets in November or the Celtics in may.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks