ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,257

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#561 » by Sigra » Sat May 4, 2024 11:10 pm

I just hope nobody is crazy enough to plan offseason moves based on those 6 playoff games against 4th worst defense in NBA.

Pacers are terrible at defense and its easy to have good stats against them. But that is only one part of the storry. Our players knew that Giannis wouldnt play and there was no presurre for them. "playing with house money" make you relaxed. Together with Pacers defense (4th worst in NBA) we can really ignore stats from this playoffs.

I am saying this mostly because it looks like many now want to keep Midds because of what he did in those 6 games. The guy cant stay healty. He played just 88 games last 2 years and 36 of those 88 games were on minute restriction. So he played 52 games without minutes restriction last 2 years. That is 26 games per season!!!!

Please trade him if there is anyone who wants him. ASAP
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,330

Post#562 » by RiotPunch » Sat May 4, 2024 11:11 pm

German Athens wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Convincing myself more and more that Wendell Carter Jr. is the guy to put next to Giannis. Find a way to get him and a starting caliber 3&D guy.

This is where I’m at, too.

On the trade board someone brought up the framework of:

Mke: WCJ, Caruso
Orl: brook
Chi: 23

Love that, and I would be very happy trading Brook to Disney World.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#563 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 4, 2024 11:20 pm

German Athens wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Convincing myself more and more that Wendell Carter Jr. is the guy to put next to Giannis. Find a way to get him and a starting caliber 3&D guy.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,043

Post#564 » by Daver » Sat May 4, 2024 11:32 pm

Sigra wrote:
Daver wrote:Dont get it on the trade dame n midds garbabe.The people your all suggesting they trade for is a absolute joke.

I didnt suggest any people. Tell me what others suggested for Midds?

Im not saying you but damn dude josh giddy for 1 i would have to go back n check but theres besn some really FU names .I juat dont get the trade dame n midds crowd i wanna see how tbry do with all 3 playing together b4 i pull tbe preverbial trigger on a trade
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#565 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 4, 2024 11:49 pm

Trade Middleton & its going to blow up in our face.

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,894

Post#566 » by blazza18 » Sun May 5, 2024 12:08 am

Milbucks96 wrote:How does swapping Giddey and Khris solve anything? What is he even good at?

Keeping a healthy and flourishing bed of hair.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#567 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun May 5, 2024 12:11 am

blazza18 wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:How does swapping Giddey and Khris solve anything? What is he even good at?

Keeping a healthy and flourishing bed of hair.

There would also be less sweat on our practice floors for Khris to injure himself. Known as the Middleton paradox
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 581

Post#568 » by bdpecore » Sun May 5, 2024 12:15 am

The Serge Ibaka trade is still haunting us as DDV would’ve been the perfect fit next to Dame. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#569 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun May 5, 2024 12:24 am

bdpecore wrote:The Serge Ibaka trade is still haunting us as DDV would’ve been the perfect fit next to Dame. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Just wait until OJ Mayo gets back.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#570 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 12:24 am

Can anyone think of a pat trade that would make sense where we aren’t aggregating salaries?

I’m just not sure which teams would be interested in him. Maybe Detroit if Horst moves that way.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,196

Post#571 » by AntetokounmBros » Sun May 5, 2024 12:47 am

I say we make this lineup happen, purely as a social experiment:

Pat Bev
Dillon Brooks
Draymond
Bobby
Larry Sanders

I see no downside.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 581

Post#572 » by bdpecore » Sun May 5, 2024 1:01 am

German Athens wrote:Can anyone think of a pat trade that would make sense where we aren’t aggregating salaries?

I’m just not sure which teams would be interested in him. Maybe Detroit if Horst moves that way.

MIL In: Gary Payton II
ORL In: Connaughton
GS In: #47

Bucks get a defensive minded back up PG.

Connaughton can replace Gary Harris as the Magic’s backup SG.

Golden State is able to get below the 2nd tax apron and gain a 2nd round pick.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,089

Post#573 » by MickeyDavis » Sun May 5, 2024 1:11 am

Matches Malone wrote:
German Athens wrote:

23 doesn't have much value. Chicago doesn't do it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,961

Post#574 » by jschligs » Sun May 5, 2024 1:24 am

bdpecore wrote:The Serge Ibaka trade is still haunting us as DDV would’ve been the perfect fit next to Dame. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How many times does it have to be said that "keeping DDV" was never an option. He wanted more money, we didn't want to give him it given his injury history. We extended Grayson. DDV wasn't going to stay. He was cut from the Kings, signed a tiny contract with GSW, then landed in NY. This idea of "if we still had DDV" is just dumb. In a perfect world we extended him for $4.5m like what GSW got him for, but rumor was he wanted like $15m/year or something ridiculous at the time.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#575 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 1:27 am

jschligs wrote:

How many times does it have to be said that "keeping DDV" was never an option. He wanted more money, we didn't want to give him it given his injury history. We extended Grayson. DDV wasn't going to stay. He was cut from the Kings, signed a tiny contract with GSW, then landed in NY. This idea of "if we still had DDV" is just dumb. In a perfect world we extended him for $4.5m like what GSW got him for, but rumor was he wanted like $15m/year or something ridiculous at the time.

Yes, but it was still poor asset management, IMO. Keep him into the summer and let him test the market with rights to match.
#FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,961

Post#576 » by jschligs » Sun May 5, 2024 1:29 am

RiotPunch wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Yes, but it was still poor asset management, IMO. Keep him into the summer and let him test the market with rights to match.

Don't disagree, but also have to factor in Brook had missed 50 games at the time and his status was questionable for playoffs. We needed a big, and Ibaka was admittedly a terrible choice.
RiotPunch
RealGM

Post#577 » by RiotPunch » Sun May 5, 2024 1:32 am

jschligs wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Don't disagree, but also have to factor in Brook had missed 50 games at the time and his status was questionable for playoffs. We needed a big, and Ibaka was admittedly a terrible choice.

Sure, but if that's the best offer on the table for a band aid, just sign somebody to soak minutes. Ibaka was already pretty clearly cooked. Oh well. It is still a mark against Horst any way you slice it.
#FreeChuckDiesel
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,323

Post#578 » by paulpressey25 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:33 am

German Athens wrote:Can anyone think of a pat trade that would make sense where we aren’t aggregating salaries?

Pat and our first for Caruso works.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,077

Post#579 » by German Athens » Sun May 5, 2024 1:40 am

I’d really love to get in an over-drafted big who isn’t developing as hoped, but still has that athleticism and motor needed to be a rim-runner.

this would be in the hopes to form a second unit around what Dre brings - namely, energy. Dre is also the type of player who would love to make hit ahead passes, and in turn, dudes would run for him. Those are the types of plays that can switch momentum quickly, and do some lifting particularly in the regular season.

We had a great bench full of energy when we had the frenetic combo of hill and Donte. I think Dre clearly brings that sort of energy, and I’d like to pair him with another, I guess at any position, but a rim running big would be fun.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Post#580 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun May 5, 2024 1:48 am

Sigra wrote:I am saying this mostly because it looks like many now want to keep Midds because of what he did in those 6 games.

Nah people want to keep Midds based on what he's done in the playoffs for the past 5+ seasons (besides the 1 year he was hurt), not just against Indy.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks