ImageImage

Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas - Bucks deny Pistons to talk to Horst

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,904

Re: Bucks News, Transactions, Trade Ideas 

Post#341 » by blazza18 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:12 am

Nice of Bev to cap off a bad vibes season by being a **** weirdo.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,101

Post#342 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 3, 2024 5:18 am

Meh. Couldn't care less about this "drama"
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,101

Post#343 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 3, 2024 5:26 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Meh. Couldn't care less about this "drama"

That said, Bev seems like the kind of player who's great to have on your team. For about 2 months.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,043

Post#344 » by Ryan5UW » Fri May 3, 2024 6:18 am

I’m not gonna get too worked up over the Pat Bev stuff. Dudes busted his ass for years trying to win a ring, thought he had a great shot and is fresh off losing a frustrating series to a team he knows they’re better than. We all have moments we let our emotions get the best of us and we don’t know the full story with those fans - I’m not trying to excuse it, but there could be more to it than what we saw, frequently clips like that don’t tell the full story.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,928

Post#345 » by Fotis St » Fri May 3, 2024 9:05 am

Pat Bev and Portis are both keepers.
They are our enforcers and get the crowd going.
I love them, for keeping the intensity up and waking up their teammates effort. At spurts Bev plays like prime Jrue and Portis goes full Kobe.
Portis is the best contract in the NBA and Bev here fixed alot on perimeter D.

We just have to deBud the team from Brook PatC Crowder and maybe there is a team that wants a sign n trade of Beasley deal.

I think I am watching if KD or Booker want out of Phoenix and send Khris there.

Finding the best Khris trade is challenging. If there is team to overpay I am pooling the trigger.

I think we are being unfair even with Beasley ... He was Khris for us in regular season, when Khris was resting. Keeping Beasley as an off the bench scorer is not a bad idea BUT I believe a team will offer him a 3y/45M deal.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,703

Post#346 » by JayMKE » Fri May 3, 2024 10:23 am

Moral victories aside the team isn’t getting younger and will be even higher paid next year with little flexibility to change anything. Reality is that we make it just as far with Jrue/Grayson with Bud no question, not suggesting it but the team lost in 6 games in the 1st round so how much worse off would they have been had they stuck with Griffin?

Can’t get sentimental with the core around Giannis, don’t wanna hear the same BS all next season. There’s no guarantee they’ll be healthy, people think its silly the Clippers depend on their part time core like sure if the moon & stars align right at playoff time maybe you can make a run.

Gotta be bold and that doesn’t mean just subbing Pat Connaughton & Bobby Portis
FREE GIANNIS
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,225

Post#347 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 10:36 am

JayMKE wrote:Can’t get sentimental with the core around Giannis, don’t wanna hear the same BS all next season. There’s no guarantee they’ll be healthy, people think its silly the Clippers depend on their part time core like sure if the moon & stars align right at playoff time maybe you can make a run.

Except Giannis has been as much of the problem as anyone on the stars aligning front :dontknow:. Hell at this point, more so than anyone.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#348 » by JayMKE » Fri May 3, 2024 10:52 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Can’t get sentimental with the core around Giannis, don’t wanna hear the same BS all next season. There’s no guarantee they’ll be healthy, people think its silly the Clippers depend on their part time core like sure if the moon & stars align right at playoff time maybe you can make a run.

Except Giannis has been as much of the problem as anyone on the stars aligning front :dontknow:.

Well Im not trading Giannis, he’s the franchise and literally only player worthy of making future plans with on the roster. Team could reload right now around Giannis, otherwise I am sure we’ll be hearing almost all the exact same stuff next season followed by the chicken littles saying we have no choice but to trade Giannis for a poo poo platter of late picks for Horst to **** up. Gotta crack open the core, heads gotta roll, Khris showing life for a few games did not turn me into an optimist, how the team lost in the 1sr round didn’t change what I want to happen going forward.
FREE GIANNIS
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,177

Post#349 » by midranger » Fri May 3, 2024 11:17 am

What we’ve done is just not sustainable long (or short) term. You have to draft and develop young guys at some point. We went through a half decade of Bud and came up with nothing. We traded our only decent prospect for the corpse of a center. Had Bud been able to develop a Jaime Jaquez level player and a Ben Sheppard level player in 5 years, he’s likely still our coach and we’re in the next round. But nothing.

Get a couple young, hungry dudes and develop them. I love the guys on this team who’ve been through the battles, but it’s time to move on for some of them.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,291

Post#350 » by Coach Carter » Fri May 3, 2024 11:19 am

Is Darvin Ham any good?
Should we bring him back?
Is this the appropriate thread?
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#351 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 11:19 am

JayMKE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:

Except Giannis has been as much of the problem as anyone on the stars aligning front :dontknow:.

Well Im not trading Giannis, he’s the franchise and literally only player worthy of making future plans with on the roster. Team could reload right now around Giannis, otherwise I am sure we’ll be hearing almost all the exact same stuff next season followed by the chicken littles saying we have no choice but to trade Giannis for a poo poo platter of late picks for Horst to **** up. Gotta crack open the core, heads gotta roll, Khris showing life for a few games did not turn me into an optimist, how the team lost in the 1sr round didn’t change what I want to happen going forward.

But when we were relying on Khris showing life to get knocked out last year it was sunshine and rainbows for you because we had a championship core? I mean you certainly have said as much before

JayMKE wrote:Would rather still have Jrue & Bud, there were other options but we did have a championship core now we don’t.

What one is it?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,749

Post#352 » by yannisk » Fri May 3, 2024 11:19 am

The positive thing is that Dame, Middleton and Portis increased their trading value during the playoffs compared to the regular season

If we decide to stick with the core of Giannis/Dame/Khris we have to surround them with exceptional defenders, especially the SG. In that case Brook and Portis will probably need to be traded.

Personally I would like us to hear offers for Dame. He is a very good player, but he is superstar on a weak team and just an all star on a contender. But it depends what kind of return we could get and if he is committed to stay.
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#353 » by JayMKE » Fri May 3, 2024 11:40 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Except Giannis has been as much of the problem as anyone on the stars aligning front :dontknow:.

But when we were relying on Khris showing life to get knocked out last year it was sunshine and rainbows for you because we had a championship core? I mean you certainly have said as much before

JayMKE wrote:Would rather still have Jrue & Bud, there were other options but we did have a championship core now we don’t.

What one is it?

I can buy that maybe the team needed to make that trade to get Giannis to sign the extension but subbing Dame & Griffin/Doc in place of Jrue & Bud definitely didn’t make the team better while depleting what little flexibility & assets the team had to essentially nothing.
FREE GIANNIS
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,791

Post#354 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 11:55 am

JayMKE wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
JayMKE wrote:

What one is it?

I can buy that maybe the team needed to make that trade to get Giannis to sign the extension but subbing Dame & Griffin/Doc in place of Jrue & Bud definitely didn’t make the team better while depleting what little flexibility & assets the team had to essentially nothing.

With Giannis out and Jrue/Bud still here, we'd been swept in round 1. Jrue is averaging 7 ppg on 31% shooting in the playoffs this year.

The flexibility thing is BS. We can trade 2 1sts on draft day, plus teams will be looking to make Bobby there starting PF.

Bucks can make a major move this offseason. Who's the perfect player to add to our core?
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#355 » by giannis and 1 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:02 pm

We have to think long and hard about whether we keep Horst or fire him. He built an old, slow, unathletic roster.

Couldn’t add an adequate perimeter defender at the deadline. Had he done that, it would have went a long way in slowing down the Pacers guards. Trading DDV for almost nothing looks… absolutely **** terrible right about now.

Then theres the coaching hires. Holy **** dude. Even if Giannis forced us to pass on Nurse and then hire Griffin, there were way better options than Doc when we fired Griffin.

Mediocre draft selections and trading so many picks for trash (5 seconds for Crowder lol) are the main reason we have such an old ass roster. Good job.

If we’re keeping Horst, he has a lotta **** to do this offseason.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,153

Post#356 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri May 3, 2024 12:06 pm

JonHeist wrote:I like PatBev

not wanting to answer a reporter's question for "not subscribing to the pod" is totally valid

especially when listening to one episode gives 50x the insight that hearing the answer to one question would

Nah hes being a dick. Is Bobby gonna demand everyone buy Bobby POTUS shirt before he gives an interview? The league makes makes money through all this stupid media bs. You don't mess with it if you are a role player (or anyone)
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,177

Post#357 » by midranger » Fri May 3, 2024 12:06 pm

Meh. I feel (slightly*) better about the team today than I did 1 year ago.

People memory hole things and then only see what they want to confirm their priors. Last year’s playoffs was a complete disaster under bud (much worse than this year). Jrue and Grayson were a disaster in the playoffs this year.

*I say slightly only because we’re yet another year older and have yet another data point that Giannis is going to struggle to be healthy when it matters most
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,623

Post#358 » by PG Graveyard » Fri May 3, 2024 12:10 pm

midranger wrote:Meh. I feel (slightly) better about the team today than I did 1 year ago.

People memory hole things and then only see what they want to confirm their priors. Last year’s playoffs was a complete disaster under bud. Jrue and Grayson were a disaster in the playoffs this year.

Much better shape than last year. Giannis is extended and everyone else is signed as well. No major decisions on that front. Horst or whoever can make some moves and we have two pretty decent draft picks.

I’m excited to give Doc, Dame and Giannis an offseason together. Of course Giannis will probably be spending all his time with the Greek national team which kind of stinks for the bucks.

Also expectations for next year should be in the toilet. That’s good too.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM

Post#359 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 3, 2024 12:11 pm

JayMKE wrote:I can buy that maybe the team needed to make that trade to get Giannis to sign the extension but subbing Dame & Griffin/Doc in place of Jrue & Bud definitely didn’t make the team better while depleting what little flexibility & assets the team had to essentially nothing.

So you can argue that the Bucks used their flexibility and assets to keep Giannis which according to your earlier posts, is the only thing that matters.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,717

Post#360 » by machu46 » Fri May 3, 2024 12:12 pm

Sigra wrote:And one more thing (before you guys wake up), this team became contender when we added Lopez. He has been perfect C for Giannis as we know because he box out, protect paint and shoot 3s. All 3 of those things are extreamly important for Giannis to be Giannis.

Now, he is geting older and losing steps and I do think we need to find young C but that young C must do those 3 things that Lopez did for us. Protect paint, box out and hit 3s. Is there young C who do that? I would trade Dame, Midds and everything else (except Giannis offcourse) for that C because that is key for Giannis to be Giannis and we need Giannis ti be Giannis for us to be contenders in future.

Going to respond to this over in this thread as it feels like a more appropriate place for it. Given the assets that we have to acquire a player and our needs, I don't think we can really afford what it would likely take to get a guy that checks all of these boxes. Checking 2 out of 3 with some glimmer of hope for the 3rd would be great, which is one of the reasons I was much higher on Walker Kessler the year he came out than most of the other posters here. His projection as a rebounder/rim protector was undeniable. The shooting required some massive projecting; he was (and remains) a poor free throw shooter and was a guy that shot a low percentage from 3. The only glimmer of hope really was that he took a lot of 3 point attempts, which is generally a better indicator of shooting prowess than actual shooting percentages at that age. Since entering the NBA, Utah has basically stopped him from attempting 3's anymore...probably the right thing to do in terms of winning basketball games. It was always a long shot he'd develop into a shooter, but he's the type of guy that we should be looking at for a Brook replacement IMO. Or maybe you try to sacrifice the box outs or the rim protection instead of the shooting if you think that is so imperative with Giannis as the PF. I don't know.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks