ImageImage

PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ABucksFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,430

Re: PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss 

Post#221 » by ABucksFan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:07 pm

Pacers should be likeable due to youth and up and coming team, but they are not lol. If the players have any pride every time we play the Pacers here on out, they should be trying to stomp on these dudes.

Green and AJJ need more minutes. Pat is done im afraid.
German Athens
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,071

Post#222 » by German Athens » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:11 pm

Yeah, Dre had Siakam on skates a couple times where a pretty nice lane to the hoop opened up. Him continuing to attack would open up shots for himself at the rim as well as open up shooters on the perimeter if the defense collapses.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,782

Post#223 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Crowder being washed has been an underrated factor. Bucks have wasted a ton of time wishing away his dead legs. If he was serviceable it would have been huge for us at both forward spots, alternatively, if they'd just given up on him straight away, there might have been a better contingency plan.

My first clue that Crowder was done was watching him in PHX. My second clue was when PHX said "Go home, bro. You're done."

I remain astonished/baffled/etc that people so fervently wanted to trade for him. I ultimately didn't care with the package we gave up, but I just could not for the life of me wrap my head around why anyone thought he had anything left.

Let's make our team...even...older!...?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#224 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 pm

2 guys I was asking for at the deadline... Grant Williams and PJ Tucker.... think they give us more vs the Pacers than we got from Bobby and Crowder? They seem like playoff type dudes... PJ is collecting DNPs though for the Clips but so should Crowder lol
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#225 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 pm

The only useful thing Pat C did yesterday was takeover for KM in successfully feeding the ball to Brook in the post without it getting stolen. If he did anything else, I didn't see it
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#226 » by msiris » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 pm

-Jragon- wrote:2 guys I was asking for at the deadline... Grant Williams and PJ Tucker.... think they give us more vs the Pacers than we got from Bobby and Crowder? They seem like playoff type dudes... PJ is collecting DNPs though for the Clips but so should Crowder lol
Time to find guys like these in the draft. Time to move on from old vets.
Ride the tank
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#227 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:27 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Crowder being washed has been an underrated factor. Bucks have wasted a ton of time wishing away his dead legs. If he was serviceable it would have been huge for us at both forward spots, alternatively, if they'd just given up on him straight away, there might have been a better contingency plan.

My first clue that Crowder was done was watching him in PHX. My second clue was when PHX said "Go home, bro. You're done."

I remain astonished/baffled/etc that people so fervently wanted to trade for him. I ultimately didn't care with the package we gave up, but I just could not for the life of me wrap my head around why anyone thought he had anything left.

Let's make our team...even...older!...?

Shows how desperate we were for anyone that had SF size and would attempt to play defense / hit open 3s. What he used to be would have been handy against Butler last year but it was not to be.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#228 » by BUCKnation » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 pm

blazza18 wrote:I’m not trying to diminish Giannis missing four games and Dame playing hampered because obviously that’s been the main factor in the series going to hell but I will say if Horst drafted/signed guys who had any real ability to play defence we’d be in a much different spot.

In fairness, Horst hasn't really had much to work with once the Dame trade was made. Defense wasn't really a main priority until it was. That said, wing defense and back court depth did go unaddressed, but I think they were hoping for something internal with Marjon taking a leap and Crowder getting a second chance with a new staff.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,004

Post#229 » by BUCKnation » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:31 pm

ABucksFan wrote:Pacers should be likeable due to youth and up and coming team, but they are not lol. If the players have any pride every time we play the Pacers here on out, they should be trying to stomp on these dudes.

My friends and I have been calling them Memphis 2.0. Everything on paper should point to them being a likeable, small market team, but then you play them and everything about them turns sour quickly.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,746

Post#230 » by msiris » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:44 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
ABucksFan wrote:Pacers should be likeable due to youth and up and coming team, but they are not lol. If the players have any pride every time we play the Pacers here on out, they should be trying to stomp on these dudes.

My friends and I have been calling them Memphis 2.0. Everything on paper should point to them being a likeable, small market team, but then you play them and everything about them turns sour quickly.
They are not going anywhere.
Ride the tank
Bodiroga13
Junior
And1: 547

Post#231 » by Bodiroga13 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:48 pm

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. By wanting to play while he was in pain and injured less than a month before playoff, Giannis crossed it. It's not the first time. Last year, he wanted to jump over a player famous in drawing offensive fouls (KL). It was a dirty play but he should have been more careful.

(I don't even care if the doctors let him play. If you are in pain, you don't risk it all before playoffs).

Rivers is not to blame (a lot) for the upcoming disaster. Dame/Khris and the rest of the players neither. They did their best. Yes, it was not enough. But if Giannis was playing, we would have beaten them. If we finally lose, it will be due to Giannis'absence, nothing else.

Of course, it's stupid as well if anyone says Giannis is the one to blame. Giannis was excellent during RS. The main culprit was Griffin. Giannis should never play over 33-ish minutes in RS. It is what it is. Budenholzer knew it. It's his style of play, reckless at times but above all, his style of play demands a lot of energy. And it's potentially dangerous. It is what it is, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. He was still the second best player in the whole NBA this year. He has at least 2 years yet in this level. Don't waste them next year. Load management is the only way. He himself maybe cannot understand neither accept it. Rivers must step his foot. Problem is, even Rivers maybe cannot understand it. His insecurity will be the reason that Giannis will play above the 32-ish minutes per game limit. Someone else maybe must step his foot, i don't know, our new GM or the billionaires.

The whole roster should be reshaped but now it's not the time to say my opinion. I am bitter and angry right now but simultaneously somewhat touched/moved because Bucks fought like hell. I loved them these two games 100 times more than the previous RS games. Their fighting spirit reminded me of good, old times. How can anyone be disappointed, everyone gave his everything. There is one battle remaining. Give them hell one more time. Even if only role players are healthy. And then, tough decisions must be taken. But now, it's the Hot Gates (Thermopylae) and you are the Spartans. Nothing else to do but fight for your lives one more time, at least. Even without any star player.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#232 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 pm

-Jragon- wrote:With Donte, all his teams have been trying to make him a super 3 and D starter - which is EXACTLY what we need - but his % always have slipped down in the playoffs to the point that teams can double off of him and just run at him with a quick closeout and make him flinch/miss. As far as the trade, yeah it maybe was bad but I'm sure Horst talked to his agent and found out he was going to demand 50 mil and I'd argure that AJG and Bev are both just as good or better.

What? That trade was horrific and looks worse by the day. Donte is now is his prime and is earning every bit of his current (nearly) $50 million contract. For a team which can't seem to identify or develop NBA contributors, it was stupid to trade him especially with his value depleted by injuries. I do understand it's possible he didn't want to stay in Milwaukee anyways. But Serge %$#$% Ibaka?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#233 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:08 pm

msiris wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:2 guys I was asking for at the deadline... Grant Williams and PJ Tucker.... think they give us more vs the Pacers than we got from Bobby and Crowder? They seem like playoff type dudes... PJ is collecting DNPs though for the Clips but so should Crowder lol
Time to find guys like these in the draft. Time to move on from old vets.

You mean that ancient 25 year old dinosaur Grant Williams? Point taken on the PJ thing - he might be Crowder Chowder too by now
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#234 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:With Donte, all his teams have been trying to make him a super 3 and D starter - which is EXACTLY what we need - but his % always have slipped down in the playoffs to the point that teams can double off of him and just run at him with a quick closeout and make him flinch/miss. As far as the trade, yeah it maybe was bad but I'm sure Horst talked to his agent and found out he was going to demand 50 mil and I'd argure that AJG and Bev are both just as good or better.

What? That trade was horrific and looks worse by the day. Donte is now is his prime and is earning every bit of his current (nearly) $50 million contract. For a team which can't seem to identify or develop NBA contributors, it was stupid to trade him especially with his value depleted by injuries. I do understand it's possible he didn't want to stay in Milwaukee anyways. But Serge %$#$% Ibaka?

He got 5 points for them in like 30 minutes in game 3. That's 10 million per point. AJG and Bev give you more consistent play and you find them on scrap heaps.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#235 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:15 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:

It's round 1 in the playoff; game 3 and 4. THIS is when you show you're worth 50 million dollars. He's what, 5 of 18 the last 2 games for them and he's wide open off Brunson gravity. Same old Donte to me; might find himself out of their starting lineup soon if they get to round 2.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man

Post#236 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:16 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Bless you guys for trying to evaluate or glean anything from these role guys when our two star players aren't out there, but I just can't. Andre looks like he belongs on an NBA court I guess?

Yeah, When you've lost your 2 players who can get the defense into rotation, the roles you're asking players to play offensively really don't exist. Spoelstra is the only coach who can scheme the defense into rotation; but everyone else relies on their stars. Carlisle bet correctly on Lopez and Middleton not having enough to beat them.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man

Post#237 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:

It's round 1 in the playoff; game 3 and 4. THIS is when you show you're worth 50 million dollars. He's what, 5 of 18 the last 2 games for them and he's wide open off Brunson gravity. Same old Donte to me; might find himself out of their starting lineup soon if they get to round 2.

Donte is 35% from 3 for the series. PatBev and AJG are a combined 31.25% in the series. You're cherry picking the stats to make your point. And $50 million is nothing relative to NBA contracts. Donte's contract isn't even in the top 60 for guards in the NBA on a yearly basis. If you'd rather have AJG or PatBev, I guess we'll agree to disagree.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#238 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:

Donte is 35% from 3 for the series. PatBev and AJG are a combined 31.25% in the series. You're cherry picking the stats to make your point. And $50 million is nothing relative to NBA contracts. Donte's contract isn't even in the top 60 for guards in the NBA on a yearly basis. If you'd rather have AJG or PatBev, I guess we'll agree to disagree.

If he had 2 good games and then 2 bad games then it's a demonstration of inconsistency. My point is, we already have plenty of inconsistency on guys who shoot wide open shots and miss. The difference between winning these playoff games and losing comes down to Crowder missing a bunch of wide open 3s and Turner making them? I'm just saying that for that 50 million compared to what we owe Bev and AJG which is probably less than 10% of that --- I can definitely agree to disagree though - that's fair. I would not be surprised if Donte loses his starting spot soon - one more pube game and his minutes will probably be cut in half.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#239 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:03 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:Bless you guys for trying to evaluate or glean anything from these role guys when our two star players aren't out there, but I just can't. Andre looks like he belongs on an NBA court I guess?

Yeah, When you've lost your 2 players who can get the defense into rotation, the roles you're asking players to play offensively really don't exist. Spoelstra is the only coach who can scheme the defense into rotation; but everyone else relies on their stars. Carlisle bet correctly on Lopez and Middleton not having enough to beat them.

If we can't evaluate AJJ now, because of injuries, and the only time he consistently sees the floor is when multiple players are sitting or hurt, then when, exactly, would you say is the appropriate time to evaluate him? Summer League? No Giannis/Dame/Khris. Preseason? Same. Regular season mop up duty? Same. The organizational failure has been the refusal to give him a legitimate shot with the guys who are actually going to see the floor when it matters. I mean, even as late as last night we're still going back to the Jae well as if it wasn't plain as day MONTHS AGO that he's completely washed.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#240 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:

Bev and AJG had MUCH cleaner looks with GA in the game. Donte has Brunson playing and taking all the attention even in the last 2 games.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks