Post#262 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:30 pm

so AJJ should probably start
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,922

Re: PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss 

Post#263 » by Fotis St » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:31 pm

Get a beer before you watch

Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#264 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:35 pm

Can't help but wonder how much Bobby tanked his value last night? Based on his early touches, it was obvious he was going to get an opportunity for some big #s. A big performance may have been worth millions in future earnings and/or trade value if the Bucks look to trade him.
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#265 » by -Jragon- » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:53 pm

Fotis St wrote:Get a beer before you watch

PS crosses Bobby for the dunk and the guy blames Bev instead, lol. How about, Bobby, stick that dude better.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,691

Post#266 » by BroncoBuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:15 pm

German Athens wrote:Yeah, Dre had Siakam on skates a couple times where a pretty nice lane to the hoop opened up. Him continuing to attack would open up shots for himself at the rim as well as open up shooters on the perimeter if the defense collapses.

Unfortunately he doesn’t put the ball up when he gets to the rim. It’s maddening.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,176

Post#267 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:16 pm

Brewhoopfan wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:
Yeah, When you've lost your 2 players who can get the defense into rotation, the roles you're asking players to play offensively really don't exist. Spoelstra is the only coach who can scheme the defense into rotation; but everyone else relies on their stars. Carlisle bet correctly on Lopez and Middleton not having enough to beat them.

If we can't evaluate AJJ now, because of injuries, and the only time he consistently sees the floor is when multiple players are sitting or hurt, then when, exactly, would you say is the appropriate time to evaluate him? Summer League? No Giannis/Dame/Khris. Preseason? Same. Regular season mop up duty? Same. The organizational failure has been the refusal to give him a legitimate shot with the guys who are actually going to see the floor when it matters. I mean, even as late as last night we're still going back to the Jae well as if it wasn't plain as day MONTHS AGO that he's completely washed.

100% agree. Something just doesn't pass the smell test with AJJ. It's pretty obvious to see how he can contribute on the court simply on instincts. Is he a player that completely Fs up mentally in practice all the time? It just doesn't add up.

Could the answer simply be sheer incompetence by the decision makers? Specifically AG and now Doc. Because thats where I'm at. What are your eyes telling you when you watch AJJ play basketball? I have to say, I'm surprised his three point shot is where it is. Thought that alone would keep him off the court. Which makes it all the more frustrating he couldn't find a role. Yes, at times he's out of control. Yes, at times he's overaggressive. But don't his positives outweigh those negatives? Especially compared to Jae, Malik, and Pat's positives v negatives?
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#268 » by stillgotgame » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:22 pm

fan230 wrote:I just read an interesting article from where I learned quite a few things: some reinforced what I thought and some was new to me.

Horst’s power with the bucks is decreasing. He wanted Nurse and we got Griffin. Later he wanted Atkinson And we got Doc Because the owners wanted Doc.

I did not want nurse because he tends to play his star players to the ground. The article talk about how he played Embiid for 44 minutes and he was almost dead with exhaustion in the last game.

The article confirmed what we all knew, that Doc relies heavily on his veterans And ignore younger players. This obviously means heavy minutes for veterans.

Heavy minutes are not what our old players can handle Without getting injured.

Philadelphia has tons of cap room and we have nothing like that.

I think we should bring back our big 4, and work on modifying The rest of our roster. And we need a coach who can load manage. This is super important the Load management that is. Otherwise, we have another season of injuries. Long time ago someone in the forum had mentioned that Atkinson is more like bud. If so, he would be a good candidate for consideration at least for next year. Of course we cannot get Bud.

We cannot afford another season with our big 3 hurt for long periods and during the playoffs. We usually need a coach who can load manage else. The next season will be doomed by injuries also.

Good for him if this is true.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,072

Post#269 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:39 pm

Grief was terrible but I'm glad we don't have Nurse.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,315

Post#270 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:47 pm

emunney wrote:Dre's Not Good: from the people who brought you Donte's Not Good.

Don’t paint with the broad brush. I loved Donte because he could play with speed and under control. He provided a lot of intangibles we missed the moment he was dealt.

AJJ will have a role in the league. Just not sure it will be the “starter on a contender” role many are writing him in for.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Post#271 » by stillgotgame » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
emunney wrote:Dre's Not Good: from the people who brought you Donte's Not Good.

Don’t paint with the broad brush. I loved Donte because he could play with speed and under control. He provided a lot of intangibles we missed the moment he was dealt.

AJJ will have a role in the league. Just not sure it will be the “starter on a contender” role many are writing him in for.

Way to show your enthusiasm for a rookie. Try to control yourself.

Read on Twitter
?s=46
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,042

Post#272 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:16 pm

You guys aren't seriously gonna cling to that data point that says Andre and Bobby have been our two best players this series, are you?

*whispers*

Yes, I would also like to see AJJ get some more run, but this ain't it....
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,595

Post#273 » by Bernman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:35 pm

Yea, net rating is a really ironic argument for AJJ outside this series at least, cuz his top 5 most used lineups this season were all in the negatives (not garbage time units), & overall he was at -9.2.

It might be that the Pacers provide a specific match-up disadvantage because of their speed, & he helps counteract it, flaws and all, making him a necessary evil against them & a few others. Also that he doesn't choke in the playoffs, unlike many.

But this doesn't change the big picture narrative much. He needs to improve a lot & he's not Donte. I was one of DiVo's biggest fans here. From the start we were always better on the court w/ him, in the regular season at least. Donte anticipated, AJJ reacts.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#274 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 pm

-Jragon- wrote:Indeed... so what do you guys think the % chance is that Giannis plays? and Dame?

40, 10
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#275 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Grief was terrible but I'm glad we don't have Nurse.

I feel the same way.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,286

Post#276 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:59 pm

fan230 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:Indeed... so what do you guys think the % chance is that Giannis plays? and Dame?

40, 10

Flip them, IMO.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,209

Post#277 » by FrieAaron » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 pm

I agree that net rating is a pretty loaded stat, but in this case it passes the eye test. But, of course, it's also about fit. Does that mean AJJ has been our best player? No, but he fills a bunch of needs in this particular matchup. Draymond Green wasn't a huge difference maker with no Steph, Klay, etc, but put him out there with a healthy Warriors team and he can get you a huge 10/7/7
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,917

Post#278 » by Dick Tate » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:17 pm

AJax would've played more this season if he wasn't passing up lay-ups.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,072

Post#279 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
fan230 wrote:

40, 10

Flip them, IMO.

Both have been listed as doubtful
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,211

Post#280 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:39 pm

Feeling pretty unfortunately confident neither is going to play game 5.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”

Return to Milwaukee Bucks