ImageImage

PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Re: PG Pacers Game 3 - Loss 

Post#121 » by soxperry » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 am

German Athens wrote:I’ve always thought that the post-ups we fed Bobby all season would be better served going to Brook, but maybe this year Brook just didn’t have the legs for it, but this game makes me feel even stronger about my original thoughts.*

*I understand the Bud strategy, and one carried over, is to have brook playing at the top to make it easier to get back.

I don’t have massive issues with Doc, but one thing that does concern me is that he just doesn’t know the players super well. It makes sense - he came in mid-way through the year. I kinda think these availability problems have helped him figure some things out about our personnel that will hopefully continue this series, and carry over to next season.

yeah, Brook took a significant step back athletically this season. it's impressive that he can still drop 27 in a playoff game considering how washed his twin brother is.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#122 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Russell Westbrook was incredibly controlled. There's a difference between being fast and in control vs whatever AJJ is right now. Maybe I'm in the minority, though. All good.

I mean I don't think you're wrong. I just think he needs to be given a chance. I'd plug him in as a rotation player, but not a starter in an ideal world.

Why are guys acting like I'm calling him a bust? I was genuinely curious. In the game thread somebody called him Dan Gadzuric. I just think the dude needs to slow down, like a lot.

What your definition of a turbo boost player
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#123 » by RW23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I love playoff basketball. Magnifies how lame the regular season is

Every playoffs I say I'll never watch the regular season again, and catch up in April.

Maybe one year I'll actually follow through.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,601

Post#124 » by tski1972 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:15 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Can you guys think of a player who played on Turbo Boost every play that was actually good? Asking because if AJJ doesn't calm down I'm not sure he's going to be a player.

You and I will be on a lonely island on this one. The guy is interesting as a 8-10th man long term. But he’s not the answer as a 30+mpg core player. He’s our Jose Alvarado.

The tools are there to be a top 8 rotation guy, but ya, too much chaos at the moment.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
CJTURT
Veteran
And1: 931

Post#125 » by CJTURT » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:16 am

MiltownMadness wrote:My problem is that AJJ is very clearly a high IQ player but struggles defensively in the NBA like most rookies, this stuff gets fixed with experience. The way you are describing him is a super athletic chicken with his head cut off, that might be the case rn but his high IQ still manages to show its ugly head

He’s our best defender right now. That’s why we’re down 3 games to 1.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#126 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 am

CJTURT wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:My problem is that AJJ is very clearly a high IQ player but struggles defensively in the NBA like most rookies, this stuff gets fixed with experience. The way you are describing him is a super athletic chicken with his head cut off, that might be the case rn but his high IQ still manages to show its ugly head

He’s our best defender right now. That’s why we’re down 3 games to 1.

Yeah Ik thats why the posts rn are really confusing me and seem to be ignorant, the games have been flipped during his minutes. We are winning this series rn based off AJJ minutes. **** the rookie mistakes he gives us something we need
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Re: PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss 

Post#127 » by fan230 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 am

We fired Bud, got Griff, fired Griff, got Doc. No change in results; still a first round exit like last year it looks like. Can we please think of moving on from Doc, to ….?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,782

Post#128 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 am

fansinceforever wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Can you guys think of a player who played on Turbo Boost every play that was actually good? Asking because if AJJ doesn't calm down I'm not sure he's going to be a player.

You and I will be on a lonely island on this one. The guy is interesting as a 8-10th man long term. But he’s not the answer as a 30+mpg core player. He’s our Jose Alvarado.

This is where I'm at with him too. Would love to be wrong

He's Caruso, and it totally works. Do you guys remember what Caruso was like when he first worked his way up from the G League?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,675

Post#129 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:17 am

MiltownMadness wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
I mean I don't think you're wrong. I just think he needs to be given a chance. I'd plug him in as a rotation player, but not a starter in an ideal world.

Why are guys acting like I'm calling him a bust? I was genuinely curious. In the game thread somebody called him Dan Gadzuric. I just think the dude needs to slow down, like a lot.

Move on, my guy. You made your point.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,315

Post#130 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:18 am

Honest question. Is there a big three core that won a title, then came back to win a title four years later?

We’re a little different in that we swapped Jrue for Dame.

I suppose Golden State 2018 to 2022. But I don’t think we ever had the level of core three talent GSW had.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#131 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 am

Wooderson wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:It's gonna be so fun beating the Pacers 3 games in a row.
Going off your predictions of Giannis being back the last couple games, optimism isn't high lol.

Sure, but now he actually did a full speed work out, and the medical had to block him from playing. They're not blocking him Tuesday, they'd be fired
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#132 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:19 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:

Move on, my guy. You made your point.

It was just a question to have a discussion but ok. Dish it but cant take it
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#133 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Honest question. Is there a big three core that won a title, then came back to win a title four years later?

I suppose Golden State 2018 to 2022. But I don’t think we ever had the level of core three talent GSW had.

The Lakers and Boston traded titles back and forth for 7 years.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#134 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:20 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Honest question. Is there a big three core that won a title, then came back to win a title four years later?

Bro you can't sweep Jrue to Dame under the rug :lol:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,892

Post#135 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Personnel lost us this game and likely the series. It was always the biggest issue for us and it's been magnified when our two best players have been forced to sit out. Jon Horst has a lot to fix.

Horst doesn't have a lot to fix; he has a little to tweak and then pray for health. Giannis-Dame-Middleton is a championship trio. We don't need to be making any major moves this offseason. I believe we're very close to a second title and the worst thing we could do is try to fill holes that would be filled if our stars were healthy..

I agree that the core three are still good enough to win but we need to put the right pieces around them to maximise what they can and can't do given their ages and limitations. We need to find a different answer at centre. We can't go another offseason without upgrading defensively while adding serious size, athleticism and versatility on the wing. And we need to add more scoring to the bench.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,368

Post#136 » by Wooderson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 am

Spurs arguably did it twice.
RW23
Junior
And1: 211

Post#137 » by RW23 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 am

Silver linings:

1. Bucks actually have some real youth. Makes it feasible that the window could last a little.

2. No one can ever ever ever ever ever talk down on Khris Middleton ever again. That dude has always came through when it mattered, and sometimes delivering way above his pay grade.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,003

Post#138 » by Plossum » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:21 am

Spurs with Tony, Manu, and Timmy.
#LockUpChuck
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#139 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:22 am

fan230 wrote:We fired Bud, got Griff, fired Griff, got Doc. No change in results; still a first round exit like last year it looks like. Can we please think of moving on from Doc, to ….?

Lol, you know you have to lose 4 before your out, right?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,675

Post#140 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:

The Lakers and Boston traded titles back and forth for 7 years.

I was going to mention this. Did they have the same big 3s for all of those runs? I feel like the Lakers had a different third guy for some of those until Worthy became the dude.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks