PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,368

Re: PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss 

Post#141 » by Wooderson » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

RW23 wrote:Silver linings:

1. Bucks actually have some real youth. Makes it feasible that the window could last a little.

2. No one can ever ever ever ever ever talk down on Khris Middleton ever again. That dude has always came through when it mattered, and sometimes delivering way above his pay grade.

Well not in 2019 where he seriously stunk against Toronto or they probably win the title. But since then hell yeah, man has been awesome and deserves whatever the modern day equivalent of kudos is (still flowers? or did we move on to snake plants now)
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,782

Post#142 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

Plossum wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Honest question. Is there a big three core that won a title, then came back to win a title four years later?

We’re a little different in that we swapped Jrue for Dame.

I suppose Golden State 2018 to 2022. But I don’t think we ever had the level of core three talent GSW had.

Spurs with Tony, Manu, and Timmy.

If we keep looking, there's probably a bunch. I think PP is looking for a new angle to trade Khris for Harrison Barnes.

Honestly PP, you haven't been yourself lately. Hope you are OK. Love ya man.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,315

Post#143 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

Plossum wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Honest question. Is there a big three core that won a title, then came back to win a title four years later?

I suppose Golden State 2018 to 2022. But I don’t think we ever had the level of core three talent GSW had.

Who will be our Kawhi?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,675

Post#144 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:24 am

Wooderson wrote:

Spurs arguably did it twice.

This is a good one, too.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,675

Post#145 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Plossum wrote:

Who will be our Kawhi?

Andre Jackson, Jr. Let's get it! :D
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,003

Post#146 » by Plossum » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:25 am

Guys did admirably today but it is what it is. We don't have the talent out there to beat them.

Hopefully we don't hide under the injury excuse from this series to retool the roster. AJJ and AJG should be getting a lot more burn this year if they have a good offseason. Marjon seems a bit of a lost cause at this stage. Crowder and Gallo are def gone.
#LockUpChuck
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,742

Post#147 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

Horst has quite a bit of work to do this summer.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#148 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:26 am

SupremeHustle wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

The Lakers and Boston traded titles back and forth for 7 years.

I was going to mention this. Did they have the same big 3s for all of those runs? I feel like the Lakers had a different third guy for some of those until Worthy became the dude.

Still applicable since we upgraded our PG.

Dame and AJJ is going to be a really fun back court. AJJ fixed his 3 point shooting faster than anticipated. Kudos to that coach, whoever it was.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#149 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
If we keep looking, there's probably a bunch. I think PP is looking for a new angle to trade Khris for Harrison Barnes..

Guilty as charged. Unless there is some magic deal out there for our role players and 2024 number one, I think it’s time to move on from either Dame or Midds. The nagging injuries aren’t going away at their ages.

And with Dame, he brings an element of Big Dog to the table. You literally need four perfect defenders and scheme out there to be a true contender with him.

ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#150 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 am

CharityStripe34 wrote:Horst has quite a bit of work to do this summer.

Sure, but doesn't everyone? With AJJ arriving, it gets kind of easy. Find a team that wants to start Bobby, he deserves it (despite tonight). Add a defensive combo forward, and get a real backup center.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#151 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:31 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
If we keep looking, there's probably a bunch. I think PP is looking for a new angle to trade Khris for Harrison Barnes..

Guilty as charged. Unless there is some magic deal out there for our role players and 2024 number one, I think it’s time to move on from either Dame or Midds. The nagging injuries aren’t going away at their ages.

And with Dame, he brings an element of Big Dog to the table. You literally need four perfect defenders and scheme out there to be a true contender with him.

Nah, just get a better 4th best player.

We've played really good defense with Dame on and Beasley off, and that in spite of this being Brooks worst nightmare matchup. Now imagine if we had a defensive combo forward to grab some rebounds, or an actual backup center?
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#152 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 am

We really screwed up not playing Ajax more.
El Pooch Grande
Bench Warmer
And1: 848

Re: PG Pacers Game 3 - Loss 

Post#153 » by El Pooch Grande » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ampd wrote:Not upset about the result. Don't think it is as simple as running it back next year with this roster that has been so much less than the sum of its parts.

If we learned one thing this season, it was that Bud wasn’t the problem. He was the scapegoat.

This. This so much. We miss you Coach. :(

"We are the Champions, my friends"
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,892

Post#154 » by blazza18 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:34 am

Can Dame/Midds/Giannis be a good enough offensive trio where the other two spots are basically defence only guys? Think that's the route you gotta take given what two of those three can't do on one end.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Post#155 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 am

Giannis is the one who cant stay healthy PP

IK youre trying to ignore that but any suggestion will fall flat as long as that remains true
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,609

Post#156 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
fan230 wrote:We fired Bud, got Griff, fired Griff, got Doc. No change in results; still a first round exit like last year it looks like. Can we please think of moving on from Doc, to ….?

Lol, you know you have to lose 4 before your out, right?

I see a lot of people forgetting this. Win on Tuesday and apply a ton of pressure on them for Thursday. Giannis and Dame could be back too.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#157 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 am

MiltownMadness wrote:Giannis is the one who cant stay healthy PP

It’s a problem. But you can’t have the other two guys be in their 30’s and have them also struggle with injuries.

And of the three of them, Giannis is the man. He isn’t going anywhere.

Bodiroga13
Junior
And1: 547

Post#158 » by Bodiroga13 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 am

Coach Carter wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
tydett wrote: Giannis can't play for Greece. Time for the organization to flex its muscles and tell Giannis that if he couldn't play when we needed him most, he can't play for a country that is going to lose anyways.

This can't be stressed enough. He'll play though

Hopefully not, I'm greek but seriously screw the national team. We can't produce any shooters, so we can't win even with Giannis.

This is treason, you leave me no choice, i have to report you to the Authorities. Seriously now, if he won't play eventually in this series and Bucks are a first round exit AGAIN, i don't believe he will play for Greek NT. That would be disrespectful to the Bucks franchise. He should rest and prepare for the next year. Not many chances ahead for a championship, he is getting older, Dame/Khris even more. You can't risk it all for the Olympics. Even if Greece was a medal favorite, still he should rest. This wouldn't have changed anything.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#159 » by Neuromancer56 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 am

kanyon wrote:Don't worry. The team that's ahead 3-1 in Doc Rivers series always loses.
You made me laugh in a dire situation. Props to you.
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#160 » by BigO » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:40 am

MiltownMadness wrote:My problem is that AJJ is very clearly a high IQ player but struggles defensively in the NBA like most rookies, this stuff gets fixed with experience. The way you are describing him is a super athletic chicken with his head cut off, that might be the case rn but his high IQ still manages to show its ugly head

AJJ needs to play and will next season, but I raised this a month ago when I saw him play in Oshkosh. He is a point guard. He has a high IQ, but he needs to play with the ball in his hands to get to an NBA level. In Oshkosh, he was an off guard and next to useless.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks