Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MiltownMadness
Starter
And1: 993

Re: PG Pacers Game 4 - Loss 

Post#161 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:42 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:Giannis is the one who cant stay healthy PP

It’s a problem. But you can’t have the other two guys be in their 30’s and have them also struggle with injuries.

And of the three of them, Giannis is the man. He isn’t going anywhere.

Thats fair but its lazy to think others are the reason Giannis gets injured every playoff. Dame and Khris dont really miss playoff series

Team can afford to lose RS games, Giannis health is everything. Kawhi him. Its not anyone elses fault
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,782

Re: PG Pacers Game 3 - Loss 

Post#162 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 am

BigO wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:My problem is that AJJ is very clearly a high IQ player but struggles defensively in the NBA like most rookies, this stuff gets fixed with experience. The way you are describing him is a super athletic chicken with his head cut off, that might be the case rn but his high IQ still manages to show its ugly head

AJJ needs to play and will next season, but I raised this a month ago when I saw him play in Oshkosh. He is a point guard. He has a high IQ, but he needs to play with the ball in his hands to get to an NBA level. In Oshkosh, he was an off guard and next to useless.

I agree that he has pg skills, but the Bucks offense functions really well when he plays SG despite him not being a scorer. He's a terrific screener and cutter, and he can pass.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,286

Post#163 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:54 am

I had to step away for a second as this game wound down. It's one thing to lose to teams which are objectively good. It's another thing to lose to a bunch of frontrunning frauds that you know are going to get absolutely stomped on by any team that isn't depending on Danilo **** Gallinari to play in the paint.

Having said all of that, I think there's something to be said about how much this team fought despite the significant deficits out there. Credit to Doc for motivating these guys to not roll over. And credit to Khris for being a warrior.

Truth is, some of our most important veteran players let us down big time in this series. Crowder, Connaughton, Beasley, and Portis were supposed to be our 5-9 guys on the roster. They've all played like ass (if they didn't get stupidly tossed like Bobby). And Brook Lopez has shown us what we all used to say about him years ago - he's a big who plays small.

I think AJJ, Green, and Bev are keepers I'd like to see back. But other than them and the Big 3, the rest of the roster needs to be completely overhauled. That doesn't mean we have to move them all. But they can't be our bench. We won't win a damn thing with those guys as our primary reserves.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#164 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:57 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
dedned wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Don't really give a **** about who is going to cry about calling him out but what an absolutely **** braindead Bobby Portis moment. Complains all series about how they're frontrunning frauds and then in pivotal game he babies out 5 minutes into a tie game. He wants to talk about fake ass tough guy stuff and he throws it out more than anyone. **** moron.

He was pushed twice, first. It was a bs ejection. He didn't slap the dude he touched the top of the dudes head while he was being pushed for the second time. It was complete bull.

He fake ass tough guyd a point guard after the play was dead by dragging him around the court in a tie up he caused and then played the victim when Nembhard reacted. Straight up loser ****.

I'm not defending Bobby, but Nembhard caused the tie up. Bobby should have walked away, but he definitely didn't start it.

I'm guessing your just being a fake tough key board warrior now simply because you've been hating on Bobby simply because he got Griffoned, and his terrific play down the stretch kind of clowned you.
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#165 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:58 am

Yes, join the big 3 side. Retool everything else idrc but keep these 3 playoff killers together with a full season of coaching and cohesion :nod:
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#166 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am

Coach Carter wrote:Doc should call Griff for some advice

Just an abhorrent take.

Grounds for banning.

Poster should take a good look at him/herself in the mirror.

Views that call into mind anyone that would refer to themselves as either "coach" or "carter."

Perhaps one should take in too account good intentions, but in this case I do not think leniency is warranted.

If anyone is inclined to say "Yo Adrian" it should immediately be followed by "I should be fired irregardless of my 30-13 record."

Go bucks.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,942

Post#167 » by Brewhoopfan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
BigO wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:My problem is that AJJ is very clearly a high IQ player but struggles defensively in the NBA like most rookies, this stuff gets fixed with experience. The way you are describing him is a super athletic chicken with his head cut off, that might be the case rn but his high IQ still manages to show its ugly head

AJJ needs to play and will next season, but I raised this a month ago when I saw him play in Oshkosh. He is a point guard. He has a high IQ, but he needs to play with the ball in his hands to get to an NBA level. In Oshkosh, he was an off guard and next to useless.

I agree that he has pg skills, but the Bucks offense functions really well when he plays SG despite him not being a scorer. He's a terrific screener and cutter, and he can pass.

I can't think of another player with his athletic gifts that refuses to attack the basket like he does. It's really strange. It's too big of a hole in his game right now.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#168 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:03 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
BigO wrote:

I can't think of another player with his athletic gifts that refuses to attack the basket like he does. It's really strange. It's too big of a hole in his game right now.

Agree
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#169 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:05 am

I don't think AJJ will ever be a guy to take a dude off the dribble, but if he becomes a vet on the defensive end and doubles down on his strengths he will be a dream role player. There is some young Iggy in his game
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,758

Post#170 » by chonestown » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:06 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
BigO wrote:

STJ, a homey, has correctly pointed out his screening prowess. For as spazzy as he can be, the young squire understands where he should be and what he should be doing on the court.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#171 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:10 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:

Agree

AJJ needs to play summer league, with the sole direction of driving and finishing.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,211

Post#172 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
dedned wrote:He was pushed twice, first. It was a bs ejection. He didn't slap the dude he touched the top of the dudes head while he was being pushed for the second time. It was complete bull.

He fake ass tough guyd a point guard after the play was dead by dragging him around the court in a tie up he caused and then played the victim when Nembhard reacted. Straight up loser ****.

I'm not defending Bobby, but Nembhard caused the tie up. Bobby should have walked away, but he definitely didn't start it.

I'm guessing your just being a fake tough key board warrior now simply because you've been hating on Bobby simply because he got Griffoned, and his terrific play down the stretch kind of clowned you.

You're one to talk my man. You've had to defend Bobby Portis every season simply because you hated Brook Lopez and every single year he's basically collapsed in the playoffs you've made every excuse under the sun for him. His play down the stretch turned him from a terrible player to the same Bobby we've always seen and the one who still had all the same flaws he did before Griffin.

You can straight up watch this back from every angle under the sun.

Nembhard had literally no clamp on Portis' arm who decided to keep it at his neck and push him around until he snapped and ripped him off. Right there Bobby could've just walked away and instigated a cheap tech but no, he decided he needed to retaliate to the situation he made and got his ass tossed. And mind you he started this AFTER a whistle was already called in favor of his team.

But it's cool that you wanted to trade him at the deadline and are still talking about trading him now after such an amazing season under Doc. Baby steps I guess.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#173 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 am

Bobby going out prob helped us, his time as a Buck is done I figure with an aging Khris/Giannis/Dame/Brook. We do need to instill youth on the edges, and Brook is on the block for me as well. Bobby's contract should get good value in a trade

Nvm prob didnt help us cuz we had to play Gallo instead. Ugh.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager

Post#174 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:24 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:He fake ass tough guyd a point guard after the play was dead by dragging him around the court in a tie up he caused and then played the victim when Nembhard reacted. Straight up loser ****.

You're one to talk my man. You've had to defend Bobby Portis every season simply because you hated Brook Lopez and every single year he's basically collapsed in the playoffs you've made every excuse under the sun for him. His play down the stretch turned him from a terrible player to the same Bobby we've always seen and the one who still had all the same flaws he did before Griffin.

You can straight up watch this back from every angle under the sun.

Nembhard had literally no clamp on Portis' arm who decided to keep it at his neck and push him around until he snapped and ripped him off. Right there Bobby could've just walked away and instigated a cheap tech but no, he decided he needed to retaliate to the situation he made and got his ass tossed. And mind you he started this AFTER a whistle was already called in favor of his team.

But it's cool that you wanted to trade him at the deadline and are still talking about trading him now after such an amazing season under Doc. Baby steps I guess.

The simply difference is that I was trading him for value, you wanted to dump him at all costs. I think he deserves to start at PF for a team, and that will never happen here. Memphis would be a great fit, for both him and the team.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,211

Post#175 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:The simply difference is that I was trading him for value, you wanted to dump him at all costs. I think he deserves to start at PF for a team, and that will never happen here. Memphis would be a great fit, for both him and the team.

Oh **** off you were posting basically the exact same "late first" package trades that I was to use for basically the exact same players.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,237

Post#176 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:35 am

humanrefutation wrote:I had to step away for a second as this game wound down. It's one thing to lose to teams which are objectively good. It's another thing to lose to a bunch of frontrunning frauds that you know are going to get absolutely stomped on by any team that isn't depending on Danilo **** Gallinari to play in the paint.

Having said all of that, I think there's something to be said about how much this team fought despite the significant deficits out there. Credit to Doc for motivating these guys to not roll over. And credit to Khris for being a warrior.

Truth is, some of our most important veteran players let us down big time in this series. Crowder, Connaughton, Beasley, and Portis were supposed to be our 5-9 guys on the roster. They've all played like ass (if they didn't get stupidly tossed like Bobby). And Brook Lopez has shown us what we all used to say about him years ago - he's a big who plays small.

I think AJJ, Green, and Bev are keepers I'd like to see back. But other than them and the Big 3, the rest of the roster needs to be completely overhauled. That doesn't mean we have to move them all. But they can't be our bench. We won't win a damn thing with those guys as our primary reserves.

Three guys who would be minimum salary pickups and Bobby Portis. If that's who you're relying on then what you're getting is to be expected.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,447

Post#177 » by KidA24 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

Brewhoopfan wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
BigO wrote:

I mean, it's Ben Simmons syndrome
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,286

Post#178 » by humanrefutation » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:37 am

MiltownMadness wrote:I don't think AJJ will ever be a guy to take a dude off the dribble, but if he becomes a vet on the defensive end and doubles down on his strengths he will be a dream role player. There is some young Iggy in his game

There are guys who play who you can tell immediately whether they're a someone or a no one.

Guys like MarJon, DJ, Rashad Vaughn, etc always felt like they weren't going to stick.

Andre makes so many winning plays out there. He's a someone. With some more seasoning, he can become a really valuable role player here.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,675

Post#179 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:41 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:

Agree

AJJ needs to play summer league, with the sole direction of driving and finishing.

And changing speeds.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
MiltownMadness
Starter

Post#180 » by MiltownMadness » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 am

humanrefutation wrote:
MiltownMadness wrote:I don't think AJJ will ever be a guy to take a dude off the dribble, but if he becomes a vet on the defensive end and doubles down on his strengths he will be a dream role player. There is some young Iggy in his game

There are guys who play who you can tell immediately whether they're a someone or a no one.

Guys like MarJon, DJ, Rashad Vaughn, etc always felt like they weren't going to stick.

Andre makes so many winning plays out there. He's a someone. With some more seasoning, he can become a really valuable role player here.

I agree, call it a basketball intuition, but he will stick. It's when you can tell the guy understands the game and doesn't rely solely on potential. Hell, I guess he is translating as we speak, we needed him to play every possible minute the last 2 games

Return to Milwaukee Bucks