ImageImage

PG Pacers Game 5 - Big Win

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,977

Re: PG Pacers Game 5 - Big Win 

Post#261 » by emunney » Wed May 1, 2024 4:50 pm

Neuromancer56 wrote:PatBev was +36 playing with another injury. Taking anti-inflammatory meds for his obliques. This guy is a savage.

I had the volume down on and off, what was going on in the 3rd when he was doing a million things before shooting a FT?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,696

Post#262 » by SupremeHustle » Wed May 1, 2024 4:51 pm

BigO wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Ruben Quevedo wrote:A fun win but it felt like a classic "moral victory" (in the context of the series as a whole) where everything goes right but none of it is sustainable. I hope that game doesn't influence any roster decisions this offseason.

Agree. I hope no one with decision-making power is looking at that game and thinking our "others" are fine. Everybody who played last night can GTFO if it makes my favorite team better.

Well I agree roster decisions shouldn't be based on one game, but many of you want to make roster decisions based on two stars not being able to play. That's even worse.

You're talking to the guy who wanted Jae and Pat out of here before the season started. The guy who was virtually begging for Dairy Bird to get some playing time. Before the trade deadline, I was posting about blowing it all up, even BEFORE Griff was fired. So, no sir, I'm not operating from recency bias. We need an infusion of athletic youth or we are doomed.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,676

Post#263 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 4:54 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
BigO wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:
Agree. I hope no one with decision-making power is looking at that game and thinking our "others" are fine. Everybody who played last night can GTFO if it makes my favorite team better.

Well I agree roster decisions shouldn't be based on one game, but many of you want to make roster decisions based on two stars not being able to play. That's even worse.

You're talking to the guy who wanted Jae and Pat out of here before the season started. The guy who was virtually begging for Dairy Bird to get some playing time. Before the trade deadline, I was posting about blowing it all up, even BEFORE Griff was fired. So, no sir, I'm not operating from recency bias. We need an infusion of athletic youth or we are doomed.

Playoff Pat did actually make a few appearances.. playoff Jae has NOT
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,273

Post#264 » by dbrodz7 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:55 pm

Perishable517 wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:I just received devastating news, game 7 is during my wife’s birthday party. :nonono:
I'm sorry, what is devastating about that. Birthday party Bucks Game.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app

I can’t go the the first home game 7 of my life?
Misery loves company
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#265 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 4:58 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:We'll offer Pat Bev the maximum 2-yr $6 mil deal with a player option and I can't see him not accepting it. Dude wants to win a ring and there's no better place to cap off his career than here. Don't make the same mistake you made with PJ.

Here's what you guys don't get.... PJ parlayed his "prove it" run with us to like 3 yrs 33 mil... Bev just showed that he can do all that and more plus is a great teammate and glue guy now.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,148

Post#266 » by Ron Swanson » Wed May 1, 2024 4:59 pm

Again, Pat's been solid this series. What is it with people thinking he's been a legit problem in any of our playoff series, like.....ever?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#267 » by theFireBlanket » Wed May 1, 2024 5:00 pm

emunney wrote:
Neuromancer56 wrote:PatBev was +36 playing with another injury. Taking anti-inflammatory meds for his obliques. This guy is a savage.

I had the volume down on and off, what was going on in the 3rd when he was doing a million things before shooting a FT?

They just hashed that out on the pod. Thought it was a Giannis tribute. Turns out they threw him a super wet ball. Rone said he could hear the water coming off when Bev caught it.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,043

Post#268 » by Ryan5UW » Wed May 1, 2024 5:12 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:
emunney wrote:

They just hashed that out on the pod. Thought it was a Giannis tribute. Turns out they threw him a super wet ball. Rone said he could hear the water coming off when Bev caught it.

I figured he was screwing around for a minute to get his guys a breather.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,102

Post#269 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 5:18 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:We'll offer Pat Bev the maximum 2-yr $6 mil deal with a player option and I can't see him not accepting it. Dude wants to win a ring and there's no better place to cap off his career than here. Don't make the same mistake you made with PJ.

Here's what you guys don't get.... PJ parlayed his "prove it" run with us to like 3 yrs 33 mil... Bev just showed that he can do all that and more plus is a great teammate and glue guy now.

We keep telling you we can only offer 20% over the minimum. That's it. The contract PJ got from Philly (bad) has no bearing on this. If another team offers Bev more there's nothing we can do about it. He can take it or leave it.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Post#270 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed May 1, 2024 5:30 pm

Ryan5UW wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:
emunney wrote:

I figured he was screwing around for a minute to get his guys a breather.

I thought the same. It seemed like we did a lot of smart stalling in the 2nd half. Keep it up.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#271 » by theFireBlanket » Wed May 1, 2024 5:31 pm

dbrodz7 wrote:
Perishable517 wrote:
dbrodz7 wrote:I just received devastating news, game 7 is during my wife’s birthday party. :nonono:
I'm sorry, what is devastating about that. Birthday party Bucks Game.

Sent from my CPH2417 using RealGM mobile app

I can’t go the the first home game 7 of my life?

Your wife's birthday party is moving to Fiserv.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,628

Post#272 » by RogerMurdock » Wed May 1, 2024 5:32 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:They just hashed that out on the pod. Thought it was a Giannis tribute. Turns out they threw him a super wet ball. Rone said he could hear the water coming off when Bev caught it.

DAMMIT, KHRIS!
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#273 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 5:41 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

We keep telling you we can only offer 20% over the minimum. That's it. The contract PJ got from Philly (bad) has no bearing on this. If another team offers Bev more there's nothing we can do about it. He can take it or leave it.

Damn.. I hope he stays
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#274 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 5:42 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Can other teams offer more?
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#275 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 5:44 pm

-Jragon- wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:

Can other teams offer more?

This is probably why Philly made the trade.. they have a better chance at getting him back next year?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,110

Post#276 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 1, 2024 5:45 pm

bev playing with dame or for dame is a safe bet he plays.... ALOT.... on a good team.

i could see him having that as a priority at this stage. pj took the money and lost any control of any playing time ever. that was a lesson for alot of older dudes id imagine. obviously it was a fat contract but if the numbers were smaller im sure money would not matter as much to somebody like bev
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,425

Post#277 » by randy84 » Wed May 1, 2024 5:53 pm

Would much rather see a taller SG/PG starter next to Dame. Pat Bev can come off the bench.
-Jragon-
Head Coach

Post#278 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 6:06 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:bev playing with dame or for dame is a safe bet he plays.... ALOT.... on a good team.

i could see him having that as a priority at this stage. pj took the money and lost any control of any playing time ever. that was a lesson for alot of older dudes id imagine. obviously it was a fat contract but if the numbers were smaller im sure money would not matter as much to somebody like bev

PJ set up his next generations up with that deal. Bev loved Philly; they might have a handshake deal already in place since before the trade knowing that we can't match.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#279 » by Dick Tate » Wed May 1, 2024 6:08 pm

BigO wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:In his 4 full games this series, Bobby Portis is averaging 18.3 points, 12.5 rebounds, and the Bucks are +51 when he's on the court in those games. He's also been outstanding defensively on Siakam when given that assignment.

Can some of you print this out and put it on the mirror in your bathroom?

I jus read a post that praises BP for his game yesterday and says it makes up for the rest of his play in the series. :banghead:

Those posts that said the Bucks would've won the series by now if Grant Williams were on the roster are kinda precious :P
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,278

Post#280 » by DingleJerry » Wed May 1, 2024 6:12 pm

randy84 wrote:Would much rather see a taller SG/PG starter next to Dame. Pat Bev can come off the bench.

Yea ideally you can find a younger taller better version of Bev to start and then have Bev be the backup.

I know he's hated here but TJ McConnell would be another good backup PG. Just checked though and it seems he still has one year left on his deal that overpays him a bit, so unlikely a way to do it. Not sure if many remember but at the beginning of the year he was told he was out of the rotation so they could play the youth, probably could've got him for salary filler back then. But like I said he's overpaid so matching that contract wouldn't have been easy as they'd have had no interest in Pat and we probably wouldn't want to give Pat either. I assume we'll get him 3 years from now when he's washed to waste a roster spot
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks