ImageImage

PG Pacers Game 5 - Big Win

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 41

Re: PG Pacers Game 5 - Big Win 

Post#321 » by WeMajor34 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:24 pm

My bet is Giannis is Questionable and Dame is Doubtful. If Giannis is actually coming back, it puts fear into the Pacers. If not, it’s another injury report red herring that screws with the Pacers.

Regardless, screw this Pacers team
-Jragon-
Head Coach
And1: 1,671

Post#322 » by -Jragon- » Wed May 1, 2024 9:33 pm

I meant the vibe of the news sounds more positive than last time. If I had substantial info I'd put a link
tsamo
Junior
And1: 208

Post#323 » by tsamo » Wed May 1, 2024 9:33 pm

Both are still doubtful, with Pat Bev and Middleton listed as probable, exactly like last game.
Honestly, even if someone were to come back, why say anything more?
Just list them as doubtful till they suddenly are back.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,074

Post#324 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 9:35 pm

They won't be playing. If there was a chance and you wanted to keep Indy guessing you'd list them as questionable. But they didn't.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 126

Post#325 » by j_hilge444 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:39 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:They won't be playing. If there was a chance and you wanted to keep Indy guessing you'd list them as questionable. But they didn't.

I had a zero percent chance either would play yesterday. That's at 1% for tomorrow.
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,064

Post#326 » by Matches Malone » Wed May 1, 2024 9:40 pm

:cry:

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#327 » by skones » Wed May 1, 2024 9:41 pm

MuckyFingers wrote:
BigO wrote:
MuckyFingers wrote:No evidence whatsoever that either are at risk of blowing out their Achilles. The thing with Durant a few years ago was the exception, not the rule. Lots of fake news out there about "risking all of next year." It's nonsense.

Can we get the resident doctor on here? It doesn't make sense to debate the percent threat of a long term injury unless we have people who know what they're talking about.

Of course that's never been a criteria on here before about anything, so maybe I'm wrong.

Yes, only a medical doctor can comment on medical things. Having experience w/ this type of injury is completely irrelevant when compared to reading paragraph upon paragraph in medical school journals.

Then you should know that folks with achilles tendinopathy have a FAR greater risk of tearing their achilles than the general pop. So to say that there's no evidence that either are at risk? Malarkey.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#328 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:48 pm

I said during the season that the competitor that Giannis is has to hate giving 100% just to look at the bench and see Middleton not play back to backs or take forever to heal. Meanwhile Khris has had to give everything he has these last two years in the playoffs while Giannis jumps around on the bench

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#329 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 1, 2024 9:52 pm

This site lists them as questionable

https://www.lineups.com/articles/pacers-vs-bucks-nba-playoffs-injury-report-5-2-2024/

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#330 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 9:57 pm

steger_3434 wrote:This site lists them as questionable

https://www.lineups.com/articles/pacers-vs-bucks-nba-playoffs-injury-report-5-2-2024/

Any site can say whatever they want. The Bucks submit the injury report to the NBA. They did that about an hour ago. And it says doubtful. Can that change? Sure. But anywhere that says "questionable" is speculation and clickbait.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#331 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 1, 2024 10:01 pm

BigO wrote:
MuckyFingers wrote:
soxperry wrote:Risk both Achilles

We need to beat this punk ass team

No evidence whatsoever that either are at risk of blowing out their Achilles. The thing with Durant a few years ago was the exception, not the rule. Lots of fake news out there about "risking all of next year." It's nonsense.

Can we get the resident doctor on here? It doesn't make sense to debate the percent threat of a long term injury unless we have people who know what they're talking about.

Of course that's never been a criteria on here before about anything, so maybe I'm wrong.

we dont have facts as the bucks medical staff has them but if its understood around the league/planet that achilles tendinitis or calf injuries dont lead to a higher incidence of achilles ruptures you dont have to be a medical expert to share or refute his statement imo. dont you agree?

the answer to his statement is easily searchable to a wide range of expert opinions in order to draw your own. id be interested in what hes got to make that statement because ive heard it both ways.
steger_3434
RealGM

PG Pacers Game 5 - Big Win 

Post#332 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:05 pm

So a grade 1 is said to take 1-3 weeks. Giannis obviously didnt have that. So he always had a grade 2. That takes 3-6 weeks. Giannis is close to 3.5 weeks. So while he isn’t taking longer than average, we might have to remove the super healing power stigma that Giannis used to have.

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#333 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 1, 2024 10:06 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
soxperry wrote:Risk both Achilles

We need to beat this punk ass team

if were playing for a championship then weve got 14 games to go. lets enjoy the ride with what weve got and protect our assets. there is no gaurantee whatsoever wed look better with either of them in the lineup hurt and rusty than weve looked the last two games

Giannis doesn't have an injury that risks his achilles, and it absolutely guaranteed we'd look better with him.

im not convinced of either of those statements honestly. ive seen us play without him and the middleton centric offense looks great and the defense and effort with the underdog mentality is the best its been. obviously a healthy giannis makes us better but id have to see however hes limited to decide if it was better for us offensively or defensively to be convinced. id absolutely hate it if all the guys start defering because he comes back and cant perform. we watched that last year. id imagine the staff understands this that way as well
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#334 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:12 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if were playing for a championship then weve got 14 games to go. lets enjoy the ride with what weve got and protect our assets. there is no gaurantee whatsoever wed look better with either of them in the lineup hurt and rusty than weve looked the last two games

Giannis doesn't have an injury that risks his achilles, and it absolutely guaranteed we'd look better with him.

im not convinced of either of those statements honestly. ive seen us play without him and the middleton centric offense looks great and the defense and effort with the underdog mentality is the best its been. obviously a healthy giannis makes us better but id have to see however hes limited to decide if it was better for us offensively or defensively to be convinced. id absolutely hate it if all the guys start defering because he comes back and cant perform. we watched that last year. id imagine the staff understands this that way as well

Gianni’s is a top 50 player of all time. And probably will finish his career top 30. If a top 30 player in nba history is 75% you play them in the playoffs. Especially in an elimination game. Gianni’s wasn’t 100% against the suns. You imagine not playing him?

My guess is his injury is so bad that he was completely ruled out 6-8 weeks when it happened. But it’s the bucks way to make it seem like it’s day to day in the playoffs. They did it with Khris and it fooled the hell out of the Celtics. Their doing it against the pacers and it’s fooling them too (sarcasm)

WeMajor34
Ballboy
And1: 41

Post#335 » by WeMajor34 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:14 pm

With them both being doubtful, I think tomorrow would’ve been THE game they’d come back if either of them were ready. Regardless of what happens tomorrow and potentially forcing a Game 7, I don’t think Giannis and Dame are back in this series.

I really hope I’m wrong though
BigO
Analyst
And1: 3,211

Post#336 » by BigO » Wed May 1, 2024 10:15 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:They won't be playing. If there was a chance and you wanted to keep Indy guessing you'd list them as questionable. But they didn't.

I'm sure you're right MD. But if I represented the team and there's a good chance they would play, I would say doubtful. Why give the Pacers any chance of planning for it?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#337 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 10:15 pm

Let's say the Bucks have known all along that Giannis isn't going to play. They tease that he might. WHO CARES? Teams do this **** all the time. If anyone here has gotten all excited, got their hope up and is now offended, that's their own fault. If people bought tickets thinking Giannis might play, despite being listed as doubtful and not practicing, that's their own fault.
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#338 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:17 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Let's say the Bucks have known all along that Giannis isn't going to play. They tease that he might. WHO CARES? Teams do this **** all the time. If anyone here has gotten all excited and is now offended, that's their own fault.

What teams do that in the playoffs? I don’t remember a lot of teams making the media think their stars are day to day while missing entire series and then having surgeries after the season.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#339 » by MickeyDavis » Wed May 1, 2024 10:19 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Let's say the Bucks have known all along that Giannis isn't going to play. They tease that he might. WHO CARES? Teams do this **** all the time. If anyone here has gotten all excited and is now offended, that's their own fault.

What teams do that in the playoffs? I don’t remember a lot of teams making the media think their stars are day to day while missing entire series and then having surgeries after the season.

I don't see why that maters or bothers anyone. Maybe Giannis is close to playing, maybe he isn't. Given Giannis' history I'm guessing, GUESSING, that he is healing pretty well. But not well enough. I have no idea. Neither does anyone else. Hell I'll keep checking the injury report every hour hoping to see him upgraded. But I'm not expecting it.
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#340 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 1, 2024 10:20 pm

Well with dame and Giannis out I give us around a 30% chance to win. So it’s definitely doable. It’s just a lot to ask of Khris and our role players who generally play worse on the road. I actually feel bad for Khris. Dude is constantly hurt. He’s hurt right now. And he’s playing major minutes to maybe still be knocked out in 6 games.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks