Around The League - Vogel Out and Bud in with Suns

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 23,214

Re: Around The League 

Post#81 » by Baddy Chuck » Sat May 4, 2024 1:45 am

PJ Tucker, playoff starter :reporter:.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#82 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat May 4, 2024 2:53 am

SirChurros wrote:These Knicks are kind of fun to watch.
Hoping for Wolves/Knicks at this point.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,149

Post#83 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sat May 4, 2024 3:54 am

We probably don't even have a Top 3 disappointing season. I at least feel better than if I was suns, clippers or sixers fan.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#84 » by ejn1214 » Sat May 4, 2024 4:02 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:PJ Tucker, playoff starter :reporter:.

Easily worst +/- in limited minutes. This clippers team is awful. Paul George and harden are just not winning players.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,360

Post#85 » by rilamann » Sat May 4, 2024 4:23 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:We probably don't even have a Top 3 disappointing season. I at least feel better than if I was suns, clippers or sixers fan.

Those teams had disappointing seasons, but IMO we are still #1 in most disappointing team in the league when you consider the hype and expectations when we acquired Dame.

The Suns and Sixers getting knocked out in round 1 was disappointing for them, but I don't think anyone in their right mind had them in the NBA Finals before the season. The Clippers were never a serious team, no one should ever take a team with a big 3 of Kawhi/PG-13/Harden seriously. If you did, shame on you.

A lot of people had the Bucks ahead of the Celtics and the favorite to win the east going into opening night. The Bucks failed to even win 50 games in the regular season with a healthy roster and missed the play-in by 2 games. Then lost in round 1 to a mediocre #6 seed.

I feel better than if I was a fan of those teams right now going forward, mostly because we still have Giannis.

But the fact we have Giannis is also a big reason why we are the most disappointing team of this season.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 5,006

Post#86 » by Plossum » Sat May 4, 2024 5:12 am

So what do you do as the Clips this off season?

It seems pretty daft to give big deals to PG and Harden just because you’re moving to a new arena. But I’m guessing this is what happens.
#LockUpChuck
GregAz
Ballboy
And1: 55

Post#87 » by GregAz » Sat May 4, 2024 6:49 am

rilamann wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:We probably don't even have a Top 3 disappointing season. I at least feel better than if I was suns, clippers or sixers fan.

Those teams had disappointing seasons, but IMO we are still #1 in most disappointing team in the league when you consider the hype and expectations when we acquired Dame.

The Suns and Sixers getting knocked out in round 1 was disappointing for them, but I don't think anyone in their right mind had them in the NBA Finals before the season. The Clippers were never a serious team, no one should ever take a team with a big 3 of Kawhi/PG-13/Harden seriously. If you did, shame on you.

A lot of people had the Bucks ahead of the Celtics and the favorite to win the east going into opening night. The Bucks failed to even win 50 games in the regular season with a healthy roster and missed the play-in by 2 games. Then lost in round 1 to a mediocre #6 seed.

I feel better than if I was a fan of those teams right now going forward, mostly because we still have Giannis.

But the fact we have Giannis is also a big reason why we are the most disappointing team of this season.

The Suns were one of the favorites to get to the Finals this year. Quick Google search brings back the following bookmaker odds from Fanduel in October to win the championship:

Eastern Conference:
Boston Celtics: -8000
Milwaukee Bucks: -4500
Cleveland Cavaliers: -1500

Western Conference:

Phoenix Suns: -1200
Denver Nuggets: -1200

So Suns were cofavorites in the West, while Milwaukee was second in the East, before even factoring in that the Bucks would enter the playoffs without Giannis and lose Dame to injury in the playoffs.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,987

Post#88 » by Prez » Sat May 4, 2024 7:04 am

It's difficult for me to consider us the most disappointing based on pre-season expectations when we literally didn't get to see the Giannis/Dame duo in the playoffs. I view it more as an "incomplete" than "disappointing". The team showed some real heart/toughness that series and took it to 6 somehow down our best player for the whole series and 2nd best player half the series. Was pretty clear to me they had a different playoff gear and would've blown the doors off Indy with a healthy Giannis/Dame the whole series.

Phoenix having their healthy "Big 3" and getting swept is way more disappointing, as is Philly having Embiid/Maxey every game and losing.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#89 » by HKPackFan » Sat May 4, 2024 7:12 am

So all the teams with the old stars lost.

Clippers
Bucks
Suns
Warriors
Lakers.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,084

Post#90 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 4, 2024 12:09 pm

Only one game tonight, a 6:00 start (5:00 in Denver) seems odd. Thought it would be prime time. This should be a good series, they went 2-2 in the RS
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,784

Post#91 » by MikeIsGood » Sat May 4, 2024 12:39 pm

HKPackFan wrote:So all the teams with the old stars lost.

Clippers
Bucks
Suns
Warriors
Lakers.

Honestly kinda feels like Sixers, too. Maxey is/will change that dynamic, but Tobes (31) is now quite literally useless, and Embiid (30) will not be having an easier time with injuries as he ages.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,322

Post#92 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:51 pm

Hoop Collective guys had a good debate on yesterday’s pod on the Bucks. McMahon and Bontemps both felt Milwaukee was the most disappointing team, and a mirror image of Phoenix.

The rationale was in the space of a year, the team fired two coaches and traded for Dame, yet looked like crap all year, and got bounced in round one. Windy was more reserved, saying if there wasn’t a Giannis injury, this was a second or third round club.

But we are in many ways a mirror of the Phoenix Suns.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,689

Post#93 » by JayMKE » Sat May 4, 2024 3:23 pm

Bucks definitely the most disappointing, the coaching disaster and the fact the team never looked like a contender all season even when they won in spite of the expectations of the Giannis/Dame combination.
FREE GIANNIS
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,093

Post#94 » by Siefer » Sat May 4, 2024 4:04 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Hoop Collective guys had a good debate on yesterday’s pod on the Bucks. McMahon and Bontemps both felt Milwaukee was the most disappointing team, and a mirror image of Phoenix.

The rationale was in the space of a year, the team fired two coaches and traded for Dame, yet looked like crap all year, and got bounced in round one. Windy was more reserved, saying if there wasn’t a Giannis injury, this was a second or third round club.

But we are in many ways a mirror of the Phoenix Suns.

"Most disappointing" is a fruitless topic to beginning with, but Bontemps is not someone I would be giving much thought.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#95 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 4, 2024 5:58 pm

Phoenix had all of their players healthy on the court & got swept.

Bucks are in their very own situation. Don't bite the hype machine bait. Media magnates want Giannis in LA & Dame in Miami. They can go ftself.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,961

Post#96 » by jschligs » Sat May 4, 2024 6:06 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Phoenix had all of their players healthy on the court & got swept.

Bucks are in their very own situation. Don't bite the hype machine bait. Media magnates want Giannis in LA & Dame in Miami. They can go ftself.

Not to mention Dame missed games and Khris had bum ankles. So honestly this was the least healthy post season we’ve had in a while, yet we still took Indy to 6 games.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#97 » by theFireBlanket » Sat May 4, 2024 6:50 pm

jschligs wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:Phoenix had all of their players healthy on the court & got swept.

Not to mention Dame missed games and Khris had bum ankles. So honestly this was the least healthy post season we’ve had in a while, yet we still took Indy to 6 games.

Part of my point with an overall umbrella pf health. And Bev played with a torn ligament in his wrist.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#98 » by Matches Malone » Sat May 4, 2024 7:20 pm

Damn that sucks.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,084

Post#99 » by MickeyDavis » Sat May 4, 2024 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,919

Post#100 » by Dick Tate » Sat May 4, 2024 8:50 pm

Siefer wrote:"Most disappointing" is a fruitless topic to beginning with,...

Return to Milwaukee Bucks