Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,357

Re: PG Indy Game 6 - Loss 

Post#241 » by ackypoo » Fri May 3, 2024 11:30 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
Sigra wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Hat's off to James Khristian Middleton man. What a **** warrior.

Nope. He rested a lot during regular season. If Giannis and Dame rested that much during 82 games they could also be warriors in 6 playoff games.

So, hat's off to Giannis and Dame who both played 73 regular season games averaging 35 minuted per game. They didnt rest and they put their health at risk playing injured. Without their heroic we wouldnt make playoffs. What a warriors.

Middleton played 55 games (27 minutes per gam) resting on back to backs. Not my herro.

Unsurprisingly trash take from one of the least surprising people.

at this point i dont know why we dont gather up all the middleton haters and shoot them into the sun.

jet propulsion is probably the answer. im not an expert in that. but if we have someone here that is, let me know. ill help in anyway i can.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,708

Post#242 » by machu46 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:43 am

Woof, Bev had a rough night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,119

Post#243 » by giannis and 1 » Fri May 3, 2024 11:46 am

So Giannis will only have 1 championship before he (and I) turn 30. A little disappointed but it is what it is.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#244 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 11:46 am

I think Andrew Nembhard would be perfect for our team.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,043

Post#245 » by Daver » Fri May 3, 2024 12:05 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:So Giannis will only have 1 championship before he (and I) turn 30. A little disappointed but it is what it is.

Buds the blame for the **** show thst happened in 19 giannis cant stay healthy n cost us last year n this year n midds in 22
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,676

Post#246 » by SupremeHustle » Fri May 3, 2024 12:17 pm

I'm with the posters who believe the roster cost us this series.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#247 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 12:38 pm

Coach Carter wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We’re never winning a title with Dame.

He’s like Big Dog twenty-five years earlier. He causes your defense to have too many breakdowns. You can’t hide him. Bill Simmons was correct back in October.

And yet I feel if Spoelstra had him, he'd find a way to hide him.

Bulletin board material for Dame & Doc.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,184

Post#248 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri May 3, 2024 1:06 pm

An absolute throwaway, dumpster fire of a season, that invoked little to no joy. Considering the expectations, quite possibly the worst I've ever witnessed. Part of me is glad its over. So much suck from top to bottom. Bad hires, bad coaching, bad personnel decisions, bad rotations, bad X's and O's, bad medical advice, the list goes on. And a reminder of just how big a bandaid Giannis is to this organization. Take the season out to the back alley, put it down, jump in the shower, and try again next year.

Our roster better look completely different. I think Brook has to go. We just cannot afford to continue be a step behind at the start of every single defensive possession. Say goodbye to Malik, Jae, PatCon, MarJon, and Gallo. PatBev probably wore out his welcome too. We shouldn't have trouble surrounding Giannis/Dame/Khris/Bobby with enough complimentary pieces to contend. Give AJax and AJ consistent roles immediately, live with the mistakes, and gauge whether either guy is worthy of the postseason rotation.

That entire experience was gross. And I feel filthy.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#249 » by pifhluk23 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:24 pm

Whole organization needs to spend the Summer in Galveston
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,457

Post#250 » by KidA24 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:41 pm

Of the Bucks 3 man lineups for the series who played more than 20 minutes:

Beasley was involved in 8 of the 10 worst.

Lillard and Beasley when they shared the court this series had a -31.7 net rating. The only duo with more than 30 minutes that was worse was Lopez & Crowder.

For all the complaining about Brook & Bobby playing together, they were positive for the series.

It was coaching malpractice to give Beasley as many minutes as they did this series.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#251 » by kanyon » Fri May 3, 2024 2:04 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:An absolute throwaway, dumpster fire of a season, that invoked little to no joy. Considering the expectations, quite possibly the worst I've ever witnessed. Part of me is glad its over. So much suck from top to bottom. Bad hires, bad coaching, bad personnel decisions, bad rotations, bad X's and O's, bad medical advice, the list goes on. And a reminder of just how big a bandaid Giannis is to this organization. Take the season out to the back alley, put it down, jump in the shower, and try again next year.

Our roster better look completely different. I think Brook has to go. We just cannot afford to continue be a step behind at the start of every single defensive possession. Say goodbye to Malik, Jae, PatCon, MarJon, and Gallo. PatBev probably wore out his welcome too. We shouldn't have trouble surrounding Giannis/Dame/Khris/Bobby with enough complimentary pieces to contend. Give AJax and AJ consistent roles immediately, live with the mistakes, and gauge whether either guy is worthy of the postseason rotation.

Plus the jerseys weren't clean enough! :evil:
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,095

Post#252 » by Ron Swanson » Fri May 3, 2024 2:07 pm

I'd take Beas back on another vet minimum for regular season depth in a heartbeat, but some team is gonna pay him MLE type money and he's as good as gone. AJ Green truthers can also take a step back after this series. Not saying he won't ever be worthy of playoff rotation minutes, but he clearly wasn't ready for the bright lights in this one. Andre looked like the only young dude that belonged on an NBA court.
kanyon
Junior
And1: 232

Post#253 » by kanyon » Fri May 3, 2024 2:07 pm

theFireBlanket wrote:Why wasn't James Johnson ejected?

Right--aren't you not allowed to leave the bench? Haven't players, even stars, been tossed for taking a couple steps out there before? Not that this would have changed anything...
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,637

Post#254 » by raferfenix » Fri May 3, 2024 2:31 pm

RiotPunch wrote:I think (based on what I've heard):

Giannis wanted Bud out even before the Heat series, wanted to, "run the show." Other players had also tuned out Bud.

Ownership wanted Bud gone, too. Dating back to the Nets series. Horst was forced into a tough spot.

Horst wanted Atkinson, ownership wanted Nurse, Giannis wanted a former NBA player. Think Monty was the first choice, but too expensive. Next best was satisfying Giannis and ownership by taking Nurse's right hand man, who had a long NBA career, and interviewed well with Giannis.

Bone thrown to Horst by hiring on Stotts as the likely in-season successor, as he was behind the scenes working to get Dame.

They were ready to fire Griff by Christmas, after the Stotts fiasco and the team being disorganized and morale low. Had to wait for Giannis to be on board.

Not sure Horst's opinion on Doc, but I think he was in lock-step with ownership in thinking he was the best available option at the time. Don't think Atkinson was an option mid-season.

Here we are. Hopefully this year humbled Giannis and ownership to not overstep basketball people making basketball decisions.

This tracks.

And for as disappointed as we can be in Horst’s roster construction (and Detroit leaks) he was able to pull Dame after targeting him for years.

That’s what got Giannis to extend which is what matters most. We’ve got another season to make it work now.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#255 » by MoreTrife » Fri May 3, 2024 2:34 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:An absolute throwaway, dumpster fire of a season, that invoked little to no joy. Considering the expectations, quite possibly the worst I've ever witnessed. Part of me is glad its over. So much suck from top to bottom. Bad hires, bad coaching, bad personnel decisions, bad rotations, bad X's and O's, bad medical advice, the list goes on. And a reminder of just how big a bandaid Giannis is to this organization. Take the season out to the back alley, put it down, jump in the shower, and try again next year.

Agree with everything. And it started with that utter POS Griff hire.

Catapult Jae out, Malik, Pat is cooked, Brook is cooked. Gallo doesn't warrant mentioning. Marjon catapult, so disappointing has all the tools but no killer instinct so damn afraid. Horst can go too. PatBev was fine but was asked to do too much with so many injuries. He's way too old now and can't be brought back. And he's too volatile. Hopefully our first round pick is decent. Don't trade it for some 38 year old.
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#256 » by MoreTrife » Fri May 3, 2024 2:44 pm

JayMKE wrote:Indy shot well a couple game but was thoroughly unimpressive this series imo

Knicks should wipe the floor with them

Holding out hope Knicks can beat the Cs but that's not much of a hope.
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,054

Post#257 » by Neuromancer56 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:44 pm

Sigra wrote:And one more thing (before you guys wake up), this team became contender when we added Lopez. He has been perfect C for Giannis as we know because he box out, protect paint and shoot 3s. All 3 of those things are extreamly important for Giannis to be Giannis.

Now, he is geting older and losing steps and I do think we need to find young C but that young C must do those 3 things that Lopez did for us. Protect paint, box out and hit 3s. Is there young C who do that? I would trade Dame, Midds and everything else (except Giannis offcourse) for that C because that is key for Giannis to be Giannis and we need Giannis ti be Giannis for us to be contenders in future.
Exactly this. A slightly younger version of Brook is the perfect fit for Giannis. That's why Brook looked like hot garbage when Giannis was out. There is a synergy between them. That being said I think Brook is the most obvious starter that needs to go. You can make a case either way for PatBev. He's a little short to be a 2.
j_hilge444
Senior
And1: 126

Post#258 » by j_hilge444 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:03 pm

This perfectly summarizes my feelings on this season. I've been diligently watching the Bucks since I was 12. I'm now 36 and that was the least fun I've had with a season.
Luke Ridnour getting silly all over - throwing mad alley oops to Ilyasova.
smauss
Lead Assistant
And1: 422

Post#259 » by smauss » Fri May 3, 2024 3:39 pm

Blow it up!
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan (CBQ is missed)

simul justus et peccator
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,936

Post#260 » by buckboy » Fri May 3, 2024 3:50 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
tydett wrote:Anyone saying we'd be better this season with Jrue and Grayson obviously did not watch Jrue or Grayson in these playoffs.

The point is this. We blew our wad on Dame. And frankly what we got was Harden (I like Steger’s comp there) versus Steph.

You can say “yes, I want Harden more than Grayson and Jrue” and that’s fine. But it belies the fact we also traded three full years of our draft, at a time when Giannis will be 34 years old. Those swaps and pick had tremendous value. Those assets could have been used in a different trade.

I don’t fault the Dame trade. Seemed like a great idea at the time. But it didn’t work.

It's 1 year.

Saying it didn't work is silly. It didn't work this year.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks