Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Re: PG Indy Game 6 - Loss 

Post#181 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 2:12 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:How much more did Dane bring to this team than jrue did? Would we have won less regular season games with jrue? Less playoff games? What value did dame bring us? He’s harden. Through and through.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

did you watch games 1+2? he showed he’s still a superstar when it matters. who gives af about the regular season.

1-2 games dont define superstars. jrue had games like that too. to me dame is more that khirs/jrue scale than superstar guy now. he makes a fair point imo

Lol, Jrue is Pat Bev without the attitude now. Not in the same stratosphere as Dame.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,960

Post#182 » by jschligs » Fri May 3, 2024 2:12 am

BigO wrote:This will be my last post for a few months, unless there is a change in the front office or the roster. I need a break and many of you will rightfully applaud my sabbatical.

Kudos to Daver and Blaza who have hit the mark on the two main things:

1) This roster is a championship roster. The starting five, even with Beasley, was the best in the NBA when they played together. Keep the core together. Any suggestion to the contrary is emotional claptrap.

2) The problem with Giannis is not the number of minutes he plays, but the type of game he plays. He needs to play in the post a ton more. He's already good at it and needs to develop it more for the second half of his career. This is a huge point that I hope Horst understands, but probably doesn't.

He needs to save his attack the basket game for the playoffs or just in crucial times of a regular season game.

3) The bench is horrible, but blaming Horst is ridiculous. The Pacers have had higher draft choices and more cap space than the Bucks, so they should have a better bench.

4) I was wrong in my prediction tonight. I did pick the Pacers for a 120-104 win (pretty close), but the Pacers didn't win by the three. Doc played the game as I would have and conceded the two. It didn't work.

5) I like Pat Bev, but some of the praise of him is over the top.

In summary, leave the Big 4 and BP alone. Use AJ or AJJ as a starting guard and see what they can do. The roster is fine. Giannis's game needs to be adjusted to avoid the unbelievable pounding his knees are getting.

Thanks MD.

I actually agree top to bottom of this post. Well done.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,108

Post#183 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri May 3, 2024 2:13 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:I look forward to Dame having an offseason to get his life back in order, and finding a way to get his support system back around him. He was still Dame Time at times, now to simply let him find that consistency.

He seems like a really good dude, and I'd like to see him be a part of Giannis next championship.

if he goes thru that process and publicly and privately commits to the city then id feel better hes as in here as you are for having him here
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#184 » by steger_3434 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:13 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:
did you watch games 1+2? he showed he’s still a superstar when it matters. who gives af about the regular season.

1-2 games dont define superstars. jrue had games like that too. to me dame is more that khirs/jrue scale than superstar guy now. he makes a fair point imo

Lol, Jrue is Pat Bev without the attitude now. Not in the same stratosphere as Dame.

If jrue is pat beverly then dame is Tony Delk

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
milweskee
Starter
And1: 348

Post#185 » by milweskee » Fri May 3, 2024 2:13 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:I look forward to Dame having an offseason to get his life back in order, and finding a way to get his support system back around him. He was still Dame Time at times, now to simply let him find that consistency.

He seems like a really good dude, and I'd like to see him be a part of Giannis next championship.

High point of the season was Lisa Huntington (spell check and I'm going to let it go) declaring Dame Time is alive and well in Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of the America Latitude 96.5 longitude 110.4.
milweskee
Starter
And1: 348

Post#186 » by milweskee » Fri May 3, 2024 2:15 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Karsenmitsche wrote:

I wish I had your hopium bro.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#187 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 2:19 am

DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,800

Post#188 » by BJ Sandered » Fri May 3, 2024 2:21 am

I would be hesitant to break up the Giannis/Midds/Dame core. Oftentimes it appears that it takes more than one season to fully integrate big-time players together after a trade etc. Give it one more year at least, then re-evaluate.

Moving anybody else though should absolutely be on the table this off season. Bucks need some fresher legs.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,520

Post#189 » by GoldenAntlers » Fri May 3, 2024 2:23 am

RiotPunch wrote:Image
Bro. Lmao
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Wonka
General Manager
And1: 4,789

Post#190 » by Wonka » Fri May 3, 2024 2:24 am

Great to see Doc already laughing about it. Good to know I'm taking it worse than our coach.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#191 » by steger_3434 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:26 am

Wonka wrote:Great to see Doc already laughing about it. Good to know I'm taking it worse than our coach.

90% of us are taking it worse than any player on the team. They’ll all be on an island in 5 days while we talk about how to win

yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#192 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:26 am

It'll just be funnier when they get bounced.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,892

Post#193 » by blazza18 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:31 am

As I said in the game thread. Just very annoying that we let Haliburton talk **** the entire season. Add that to the many reasons why I'll be glad to move on from a fair chunk of this roster.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,368

Post#194 » by Wooderson » Fri May 3, 2024 2:33 am

Matches Malone wrote:It'll just be funnier when they get bounced.

Read on Twitter

Can't hate on that. Funny ass call back.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#195 » by tydett » Fri May 3, 2024 2:33 am

Read on Twitter

For a "budding All-NBA talent" as he was called tonight, his team sure did play a lot better when they were orchestrated by a little tryhard 9th man than when he was playing. But aight.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#196 » by theFireBlanket » Fri May 3, 2024 2:35 am

Bev said "new home" like he's already thinking of leaving, but flipped back to saying maybe I'm still here. Hm.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#197 » by fan230 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:37 am

steger_3434 wrote:
Wonka wrote:Great to see Doc already laughing about it. Good to know I'm taking it worse than our coach.

90% of us are taking it worse than any player on the team. They’ll all be on an island in 5 days while we talk about how to win

Saw Pat C looking very depressed. Giannis looks upset.

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,077

Post#198 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 3, 2024 2:39 am

Wooderson wrote:

Read on Twitter

Can't hate on that. Funny ass call back.

Decent clap back, but it doesn't hit as hard when you need McConnell to help drag you across the finish line lol. Haliburton was kind of ass this series for the most part (for his standards anyways).
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,783

Post#199 » by ShootingtheJ » Fri May 3, 2024 2:39 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Bev said "new home" like he's already thinking of leaving, but flipped back to saying maybe I'm still here. Hm.

He can move on. It's time to find better.

Say thanks and good bye to every free agent veteran.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#200 » by tydett » Fri May 3, 2024 2:39 am

Anyone saying we'd be better this season with Jrue and Grayson obviously did not watch Jrue or Grayson in these playoffs.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks