Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,093

OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon May 6, 2024 5:39 pm

Last thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,786

Re: OT: Video Games/Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos 

Post#2 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 6, 2024 5:43 pm

We maxed it out in under a year. Way to go, fellow tech geeks and gamers.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#3 » by Sauce Boss » Mon May 6, 2024 5:52 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:We maxed it out in under a year. Way to go, fellow tech geeks and gamers.

We did it! :rockon:
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,261

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Mon May 6, 2024 6:26 pm

Haven't felt this left out since the last time Hades was Early Access.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#5 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 6, 2024 11:45 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Haven't felt this left out since the last time Hades was Early Access.

The only roguelike or roguelite that I stuck with beyond three or four hours was Deadcells, which I got to around 25 hours maybe (and it was a GREAT 25 hours). Just not for me; would rather it just be a full-blown Metroidvania. But it sounds like Hades 2 is and will be a banger, so happy for y'all that they're clearly fulfilling the dream of a proper sequel.

Well, except for you, I guess. Sorry DB, lol.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 7, 2024 11:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Here's how the draft went down:

1 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2)
2 - Halo 2 (Xbox)
3 - Half Life 2 (PC)
4 - Shin Megami Tenser III: Nocturne (PS2)

5 - Unreal Tournament 2004 (PC)
6 - GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
7 - World of Warcraft (PC)
8 - Astro Bow: Omega Factor (GBA)

9 - KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords (Xbox)
10 - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA)
11 - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Gamecube)
12 - Pokemon Emerald (GBA)

13 - Thief: Deadly Shadows (Xbox)
14 - Katamari Damacy (Wild Card)
15 - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Gamecube)
16 - NFL Street (Gamecube)

17 - Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Wildcard)
18 - Burnout 3: Takedown (PS2)
19 - The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Xbox)
20 - Def Jam: Fight for NY (Gamecube)

21 - Resident Evil Outbreak (Wildcard)
22 - WarioWare: Twisted (GBA)
23 - Ninja Gaiden (Wildcard)
24 - Doom 3 (PC)

I didn't own a PC or PS2 and didn't play most of these. Looking at list from that year, I would have picked Ninja Gaiden and Halo 2 high, and then it'd basically be all sports games. MVP, Madden, NCAA, Tiger Woods, and ESPN NFL. Some Unreal Tourney, Need for Speed Underground 2, and Chronicles of Riddick mixed in.

Ninja Gaiden, my #1 overall, going 2nd to last hurt my heart.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ReasonablySober » Wed May 8, 2024 11:05 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Haven't felt this left out since the last time Hades was Early Access.

The only roguelike or roguelite that I stuck with beyond three or four hours was Deadcells, which I got to around 25 hours maybe (and it was a GREAT 25 hours). Just not for me; would rather it just be a full-blown Metroidvania. But it sounds like Hades 2 is and will be a banger, so happy for y'all that they're clearly fulfilling the dream of a proper sequel.

Well, except for you, I guess. Sorry DB, lol.

It's been a couple years since I played Hades and I was bummed to find out tonight the only system I owned it on was one I gave away. But a rut is a rut so I picked it up again, this time for the Xbox. No regrets, this game absolutely rules.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#8 » by MikeIsGood » Thu May 9, 2024 12:45 am

https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-closes-redfall-developer-arkane-austin-hifi-rush-developer-tango-gameworks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda

This sucks. Microsoft is closing...

Arkane Austin: Redfall (lol), Prey
Tango Gameworks: Hi-Fi Rush (oof), The Evil Within

Supposedly, Arkane Austin was pitching a new Dishonoured title, and Tango was pitching Hi-Fi Rush 2, prior to the closure. Also supposedly, a bunch of other cuts to Bethesda directly.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#9 » by Sauce Boss » Thu May 9, 2024 12:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-closes-redfall-developer-arkane-austin-hifi-rush-developer-tango-gameworks-and-more-in-devastating-cuts-at-bethesda

This sucks. Microsoft is closing...

Arkane Austin: Redfall (lol), Prey
Tango Gameworks: Hi-Fi Rush (oof), The Evil Within

Supposedly, Arkane Austin was pitching a new Dishonoured title, and Tango was pitching Hi-Fi Rush 2, prior to the closure. Also supposedly, a bunch of other cuts to Bethesda directly.

While Arkane Austin might’ve been pitching a Dishonored game, that franchise was spawned at Arkane Lyon. Just pointing that out because I’ve seen a lot of “oh no they closed the Dishonored studio!” online, which is false.

Also someone I knew from college was working on Redfall and doing some other community management within Bethesda. I’ll need to do my once-every-three-months check of Facebook to see if that affected her or if she got moved around. Really sucks to see all these closures.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,093

Post#10 » by Siefer » Thu May 9, 2024 6:43 pm

Multiple apocalypses hitting traditional game development all at once. Spiraling cost disease at the medium and high end, over-expansion, no more free money, mergers and acquisitions, and the dramatic shift towards monetized dopamine buttons mobile games with the younger crowd.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#11 » by MikeIsGood » Thu May 9, 2024 9:39 pm

I mean...just...sigh. What a **** waste of money.

But props to Capcom who's apparently crushing it in the 'books.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,458

Post#12 » by KidA24 » Thu May 9, 2024 10:35 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:

I mean...just...sigh. What a **** waste of money.

But props to Capcom who's apparently crushing it in the 'books.

It's laughable. They are calling this a 200 million hit to projected revenue, because they assumed IT WOULD DO AS WELL AS **** HARRY POTTER.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,083

Post#13 » by Matches Malone » Fri May 10, 2024 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 11, 2024 4:28 am

Replaying Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

I think this might actually get me out of the rut. The camera is still a bummer but as an action game it still somehow holds up 20 years later. I just realized on this play through that you can farm for currency in spots, something that hadn't occurred to me at any point before.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,946

Post#15 » by tydett » Mon May 13, 2024 12:06 pm

Because I wait for games to come to Game Pass or go on deep discount, I always feel like I'm Jim Gaffigan with the movie Heat.

That being said, Dave the Diver is legitimately incredible. So accessible yet so deep. It continues to astound how little studios publish masterpieces like this and charge $20 and just kick the everloving **** out of AAA games that go for $70 and continue to MTX to death.
machu46
RealGM
And1: 3,708

Post#16 » by machu46 » Mon May 13, 2024 12:29 pm

tydett wrote:Because I wait for games to come to Game Pass or go on deep discount, I always feel like I'm Jim Gaffigan with the movie Heat.

That being said, Dave the Diver is legitimately incredible. So accessible yet so deep. It continues to astound how little studios publish masterpieces like this and charge $20 and just kick the everloving **** out of AAA games that go for $70 and continue to MTX to death.

I haven't played it but I've heard nothing but fantastic things. Did you end up getting it on PC? It feels like it would be a good game to play on the Switch if it runs well enough.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#17 » by MikeIsGood » Mon May 13, 2024 1:04 pm

tydett wrote:Because I wait for games to come to Game Pass or go on deep discount, I always feel like I'm Jim Gaffigan with the movie Heat.

In a similar vein, Tunic just hit PS Plus and I played a few hours this weekend. Seems great.
tydett
General Manager

Post#18 » by tydett » Mon May 13, 2024 1:09 pm

machu46 wrote:

I haven't played it but I've heard nothing but fantastic things. Did you end up getting it on PC? It feels like it would be a good game to play on the Switch if it runs well enough.

I have it on PS5 but it would be a fantastic Switch game. Very casual, difficulty is not punishing, minigames aren't fast-twitch intensive so you're not missing things with lower framerates.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,093

Post#19 » by Siefer » Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 pm

Persona 3 Reloaded is a banger. Top tier cast, and a much better narrative than 4 or 5.
tydett
General Manager

Post#20 » by tydett » Mon May 13, 2024 6:22 pm

Siefer wrote:Persona 3 Reloaded is a banger. Top tier cast, and a much better narrative than 4 or 5.

I liked Persona 3, but probably less than either 4 or 5 (it's close to 5, 4 it would've been tough to reach). Definitely the most "human" story though, which makes the stakes higher.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks