ImageImage

Will someone asking for a trade be a trigger?

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

SpeedBump44
Sophomore
And1: 0

Will someone asking for a trade be a trigger? 

Post#1 » by SpeedBump44 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:28 pm

Frustration on the Bucks seems to be at a very high level to say the least. If the poor play continues, my guess is that someone will soon make a comment like "Things are obviously not working. A change needs be made, and someone needs to be traded. If that's me, then fine.. someone else.. fine.. All I know is that this can't continue. Would I like to be somewhere else? Sure. Losing stinks, and I no longer want to be a part of it"

Will someone ask to be traded soon?
Will that be one of our starters?
Will that be the trigger we need for something to actually get done?

I think CV will be the first to go out and say he wants to be traded, and that he will be traded shortly after that.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#2 » by BrewersGM » Tue Jan 1, 2008 5:33 pm

I think Harris is going to think pretty hard before he makes a move. Casue if they dont atleast play .500 ball after the trade he will be fired. A trade will happen, if it doesn't I will be suprized. A shakeup is the only thing that might open this teams eyes...

I agree CV is gone along with someone else, not sure who?
okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:37 pm

i would love if we trade Yi to Toronto so i will buy the season ticket of Toronto =D
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:41 pm

BrewersGM wrote:I think Harris is going to think pretty hard before he makes a move. Casue if they dont atleast play .500 ball after the trade he will be fired. A trade will happen, if it doesn't I will be suprized. A shakeup is the only thing that might open this teams eyes...

I agree CV is gone along with someone else, not sure who?

You should put Weeks and Yo in your sig and take Hall out. :nod:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#5 » by REDDzone » Tue Jan 1, 2008 6:42 pm

okanoho wrote:i would love if we trade Yi to Toronto so i will buy the season ticket of Toronto =D

We?

Give me a break.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
okanoho
Senior

Post#6 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:23 pm

REDDzone wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We?

Give me a break.

hahaha whatever man
the WE now for Redd or any player in this team right now can be they in 2 weeks or so, so mind me using WE?
okanoho
Senior

Post#7 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:23 pm

=D
that remind me the commercial of KG about WE not ME
hahaha i love bucks
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,257

Post#8 » by Sigra » Tue Jan 1, 2008 7:40 pm

I just wanted to start "why Redd doesn't ask for trade?" thread but I saw this one. And really, why Redd doesn't ask for trade? Kobe did and many good players did when they saw that they can't win with bad team. Why Mike doesn't do that? Is it posible that he actually likes to be the man in bad team?
okanoho
Senior

Post#9 » by okanoho » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:07 pm

Sigra wrote:I just wanted to start "why Redd doesn't ask for trade?" thread but I saw this one. And really, why Redd doesn't ask for trade? Kobe did and many good players did when they saw that they can't win with bad team. Why Mike doesn't do that? Is it posible that he actually likes to be the man in bad team?

that's the reason why he wouldn't go to lebron's team, he would never want to be 2nd option, because then he wouldn't be chucking 25 attempt per game, and the other things is if he ever go to a good team, they probably won't feed to ball to him unless he is wide open outside the arc, instead, if he stays in bucks he can force as many challenging attempt as he wants, and somehow he can go to the news in nba.com for the play of the week?
YiGut
Freshman

Post#10 » by YiGut » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:13 pm

Sigra wrote:I just wanted to start "why Redd doesn't ask for trade?" thread but I saw this one. And really, why Redd doesn't ask for trade? Kobe did and many good players did when they saw that they can't win with bad team. Why Mike doesn't do that? Is it posible that he actually likes to be the man in bad team?

Very Very good point, Redd's type of game just doesn't translate into winning and team success. He is quite content with the situation he is in right now (not saying he wouldn't mind winning a bit more though), he loves to say the right things but never does any of it, getting paid the most on a mediocre team, being "the man", dictating how ever many shots he gets per game, not playing any defence and gets away with it because he's such a great scorer on a mediocre team that the experts don't really care to criticise a bad teams's best player.

Redd would be a great 2nd option/3rd option/6th man on a great team, but if he did play for a great team his major flaws (there's many as we know) would be magnified heavily by the media because he is playing for a succesful team...
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,467

Post#11 » by jokeboy86 » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:24 pm

Before the George Karl era and since Kohl has made sure that he gets nice guys on this team, when I mean nice that means they will never say anything bad about this organization to the press. The problem with Michael Redd is he's just too nice. I've said from the beginning that the Bucks would never get anybody like Iverson or any other player who seems threatening or has an ego no matter how good they are. Kohl wants good clean wholesome players on this team who the community can look up to.

The problem is nobody in the community will care if the team never wins. Bogut will only speak out for so long because I fear the Bucks will overpay him and then he'll have no reason to complain. Its funny when the Bucks had players who opened their mouth, bickered, argued or who spoke out about the team to the press what happened.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#12 » by BrewersGM » Tue Jan 1, 2008 8:48 pm

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You should put Weeks and Yo in your sig and take Hall out. :nod:

Im working on one with everyone... Im a Hall fan, so I kinda want him there. He will have a bouch back year! Im guessing, .287 30HR, 90 RBI... Maybe not as many HR's but that's what im guessing...
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#13 » by BrewersGM » Tue Jan 1, 2008 9:33 pm

okanoho wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

that's the reason why he wouldn't go to lebron's team, he would never want to be 2nd option, because then he wouldn't be chucking 25 attempt per game, and the other things is if he ever go to a good team, they probably won't feed to ball to him unless he is wide open outside the arc, instead, if he stays in bucks he can force as many challenging attempt as he wants, and somehow he can go to the news in nba.com for the play of the week?

I never thought about that. Redd's selfish ways are being exposed!
bentley
Sophomore

Redd as scoring option #2 or #3 

Post#14 » by bentley » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:18 am

Actually Redd was the 7th or 8th or 9th man on the U.S. Olympic team and fit in perfectly. He was the number one scoring option off the bench and was not required to do anything but shoot and shoot some more. Perfect fit since Kidd and Lebron and the others took care of defense, rebounding and other minor details of a WINNING basketball team.
Redd is a great player on an international team that needs a shooter.
Sadly the Bucks need much more than Michael Redd to win. The coach is in way over his head. Freeing up cap space and money won't get it done for the Bucks either since great players have to want to play in Milwaukee. That happens about once every 50 years or so. Team should be sold and moved. Or at least gutted of the current overpaid loser group. The inmates are running the asylum.
Dags
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Dags » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:18 pm

Sigra wrote:I just wanted to start "why Redd doesn't ask for trade?" thread but I saw this one.

If anyone asks for a trade, I'd guess it's Bogut. He's obviously not happy with the way the team plays, but I'd say he's even less happy with the organisation in general. If he needs Sinisa around to be happy and confident then that directly implies that he's unhappy and not confident with being a member of the team. In which case why would he want to stay?
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#16 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:37 pm

Words are irrelevant. Their play talks loudly and speaks volumes. What I would give for a guy like Ron Artest at the deadline even if he is hurt!

He would revamp this entire team with his play and open the window to competing for a Championship in one fell swoop. I as a fan for one think that highly of him.

A straight up warrior on both ends of the floor who gets after it for 40+ minutes every single gosh darn night WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

And to him losing hurts and is offensive! And he says it and shows it! That is what we need around here! Someone who cares like we fans do!

Character my a :censored: if you don't win! WIN SOME GAMES!!!The winning culture and competitive mentality must return to our franchise!

Now... :banghead:
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#17 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:45 pm

Excellent question.

I say yes. No one on the team calls him out! No one in the media does either and some fans still don't. So why should he leave or take the blame?

He looks better then he is like Ben Gordon on a bad team. But he does not do things that translate to winning like some other young players in the league.

Compare him to Joe Johnson, Jason Richardson, Andre Iguodala, and Brandon Roy and I would take each of them over Redd right now!

Redd is like a Kevin Martin in Sacramento and a Jamaal Crawford of the Knicks and Mike Miller of the Grizzlies...a talented gunner on a bad team
who can't win without a great player (s) around them!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks