New Year
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Re: Buck New Year's Resolutions 

Post#2 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:06 pm

energee wrote:Allright, some are lame, but here goes:

New Year
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#3 » by europa » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:18 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I stopped reading right there. Redd is a very good basketball player, but he isn't a miracle worker. Let's all be honest, he's not a player that can make a crap team around him respectable, not many guys can. His supporting cast blows. He needs another star beside him for this team to be successful, this team doesn't have anything close to that.

I think it's entirely fair to demand that Redd do things that players like Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant have shown is virtually impossible. Obviously Redd is more talented than those two so why shouldn't people expect him to succeed where they often have failed in their careers. It's clear Redd has to do what they did not otherwise he is entirely to blame and must be traded.
Nothing will not break me.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:21 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think it's entirely fair to demand that Redd do things that players like Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant have shown is virtually impossible. Obviously Redd is more talented than those two so why shouldn't people expect him to succeed where they often have failed in their careers. It's clear Redd has to do what they did not otherwise he is entirely to blame and must be traded.

You need to make that green next time. At first glance I'm thinking, WTF?

8)
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

- yiyiyi
vargavpugh
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#5 » by vargavpugh » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:39 pm

[quote="energee"]

Other resolutions:
Redd: I resolve not to give any glory to God until we become at least a .500 team.
quote]

That is possibly one of the most terrible things I have ever read on this board. You honor God in all that you do, period. If you win you praise him, if you lose you praise him.
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#6 » by Epicurus » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:53 pm

Fans: We will not get hysterical at the 1/3 mark and give the coaching staff time to meliorat the situation without using the head coach as a convenient scapegoat when anyone of us with a brain know that the gm is dilusional about building an NBA contender.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Bucks_Revenge » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:59 pm

In the words of Andrew Bogut:

LEARN HOW TO WIN!
BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by BrewersGM » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:59 pm

This list could go on for a while.... Redd and team, maybe if he had a brain transplant...
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#9 » by REDDzone » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:37 pm

vargavpugh wrote:
energee wrote:
Other resolutions:
Redd: I resolve not to give any glory to God until we become at least a .500 team.

That is possibly one of the most terrible things I have ever read on this board. You honor God in all that you do, period. If you win you praise him, if you lose you praise him.

Mike, nice to have you finally visit realgm. You should start a thread like Bell.

:lol:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Ern III
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Ern III » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:37 pm

vargavpugh wrote:That is possibly one of the most terrible things I have ever read on this board. You honor God in all that you do, period. If you win you praise him, if you lose you praise him.

:crazy:
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,912

Post#11 » by emunney » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:10 pm

vargavpugh: I resolve not to gender or otherwise anthropomorphize god.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#12 » by Epicurus » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:39 pm

emunney wrote:vargavpugh: I resolve not to gender or otherwise anthropomorphize god.

vargavpugh: And I resolve when I genderize and anthropormorphize God, I will do so with capital letters.
heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by heynow » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:39 pm

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if this is a tongue in cheek post or not but I thought I would toss my two cents in about Redd.
Redd is a good scorer. He has holes in his game, and to his credit he has tried to address them. However he is not a superstar. His game is limited and to count on him to carry a team to 45-50 wins with a mediocre supporting case is unfair. He is one of the 20-25 top players in the NBA but he isn't one of the top 5-10, which is what some around here insist he is.

Redd gets blamed because the Bucks insisted on making him a max player a few years back. Not his fault anyone takes the money but it has lead to expectations which he simply physically cannot live up to.
When the Bucks signed him to the contract I warned everyone that in a couple seasons Bucks fans will become resentful of Redd like Knicks fans became of Allan Houston.
Redd is a good guy but he is a really impossible situation.
What he is capable of doing he does as well as anyone, but the holes in his game now become the club to beat him over the head by folks who 3 years ago were posting here they wouldn't trade Redd for Kobe or McGrady.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#14 » by Simulack » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:42 pm

vargavpugh wrote:You honor God in all that you do, period. .

Try telling that to the semi-conscious girl I have duct taped in my basement.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by BuckFan25226 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:53 pm

In other news, Ramon Sessions just dropped 18 assists last game. Just bring him the eff up to back up Mo. Maybe if he plays well and improves and shows he can play at this level, we can move Mo and and filler for something in return.

- yiyiyi
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#16 » by europa » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:54 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:In other news, Ramon Sessions just dropped 18 assists last game. Just bring him the eff up to back up Mo. Maybe if he plays well and improves and shows he can play at this level, we can move Mo and and filler for something in return.

I agree. I think that's a move that needs to be made. He may not be ready but I doubt he'll be a drop-off from Bell as the backup PG. I don't even think that's humanly possible at this point.
Nothing will not break me.
nwy2211
Junior

Post#17 » by nwy2211 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm also all for bringing Sessions up ASAP!!
smalls
Junior

Post#18 » by smalls » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:52 am

i would just like to add one to the resolutions list

Voskul- u just keep being the best around, cuz no one gonna ever bring ya down, ur the best around!

and yes as of late this just might be my favorite part of seein the Bucks play at the BC

Return to Milwaukee Bucks