ImageImage

Post Game Bucks/Heat

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#101 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 am

jerrod wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

so you're saying that johnny mac was just flat out wrong?

I'm saying the Heat's No. 1 plan tonight was to stop Michael Redd. That should have been obvious to anyone who watched the game.
Nothing will not break me.
europa
RealGM

Post#102 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

L&H_05 wrote:Redd scores 8, you have a more balanced attack, and your reward for that is a W...

Bottle up this formula !!!

I'm not sure which is more unlikely to occur next - Redd only scoring 8 points or Villanueva, Bell and Simmons all playing well in the same game.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#103 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

I'm more in the trade Redd camp than keep him and find a few quality vets to surround him, but i do agree that he's been getting to much flack on this board the last few weeks.

His biggest fault IMO is the size of his paycheck and that's the fault of those in charge for giving him the max. Hopefully Redd doesn't pout over being benched tonight and instead is happy that a few of his terribly struggling teammates stepped up during a win. I'll respect him then for being a team player first, if he is pissed though, then i'll question even further if it makes sense to keep him around under any circumstances.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#104 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm saying the Heat's No. 1 plan tonight was to stop Michael Redd. That should have been obvious to anyone who watched the game.

Thats why they put Luke Jackson in front of him. Right?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#105 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

L&H_05 wrote:Redd scores 8, you have a more balanced attack, and your reward for that is a W...

Bottle up this formula !!!

Or it could be that we played against a team starting Chris Quinn, Ricky Davis and Mark Blount... The team who's second best player was Udonis Haslem... They also gave such studs as Earl Barron and Luke Jackson significant minutes...

I also agree that we should have a more balanced attack... I agree with that if such players like Charlie Bell, Bobby Simmons and Charlie V actually step up and play like they did tonight... Their good performances in this game don't give me a lot hope since it was against a miserable Miami team, let's see them do it... I dunno, more than one game?
midranger
RealGM

Post#106 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:07 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not sure which is more unlikely to occur next - Redd only scoring 8 points or Villanueva, Bell and Simmons all playing well in the same game.

Redd has scored single digits 3 times this year. Elite.

Three times in the last 10 games.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,289

Post#107 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:07 am

I'm not sure I would argue that Redd had much impact at all on tonights game.....and he was kept on the bench. Larry K. said as much in the postgame....he thought the other guys were going well and didn't want to mess with it.

But I also wouldn't read into it that our team wouldn't miss Redd either.....we also saw Charlie Bell put up those three games as starting PG in March of 2006 where he almost averaged a triple double.

That said, I'm still all for trading Redd if the deal is right.....How about Jamaal Crawford, David Lee and Balkman for Redd?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
midranger
RealGM

Post#108 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:11 am

paulpressey25 wrote:I'm not sure I would argue that Redd had much impact at all on tonights game.....and he was kept on the bench. Larry K. said as much in the postgame....he thought the other guys were going well and didn't want to mess with it.

But I also wouldn't read into it that our team wouldn't miss Redd either.....we also saw Charlie Bell put up those three games as starting PG in March of 2006 where he almost averaged a triple double.

That said, I'm still all for trading Redd if the deal is right.....How about Jamaal Crawford, David Lee and Balkman for Redd?

Change Crawford to Marbury and add Simmons.
europa
RealGM

Post#109 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:12 am

paulpressey25 wrote:.How about Jamaal Crawford, David Lee and Balkman for Redd?

I like it - if the plan is to lower the season ticket base to 135.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#110 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:13 am

I watched the Heat broadcast. Redd did not "rip" Bogut but he did mention how they want to keep stuff in house yada yada. Talked about the team meeting and everybody talking stuff over.

Eric Reid Miami's play-by-play guy, did have something interesting to say which I mentioned over in my Brew Hoop recap:

http://www.brewhoop.com/

Check out what Heat play-by-play man and Quagmire sound-alike Eric Reid said in the third quarter while discussing Mo Williams' decision to re-sign with the Bucks rather than take a paycut to play in Miami:

"Mo said before the game tonight, had the money been even, he was leaving Milwaukee for Miami."

Now, do I not believe that? No, that seems perfectly reasonable for Mo to have felt that way. I might love Milwaukee, but I'm not stupid. Still, is Mo Williams really dumb enough to go around saying he only re-signed with the Bucks because of the money, or is Eric Reid creatively quoting some more innocuous comments? You'd have to ask Eric Reid or Mo Williams.

You guys wondering why Yi was taken out should remember he can't play the entire half. He had played 14 straight minutes when he was taken out, and CV had been playing well. I kind of expected Yi to come back in with 2 minutes left when CV turned it over, but I think LK preferred CV's ballhandling given the press. Whatever, it worked out.

Did Yi hit any jumpers tonight? Don't think so. Haslem and co really focused on not giving him open looks, but fortunately he managed to score in other ways.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#111 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:14 am

Well, a win's a win, there was a lot of good to be taken from this game.

The players meeting had an effect on tonight's effort level. Redd might not have been happy with what Bogut said. But if I had to guess by the fact that 6 guys not named Redd scored in double figures, I'd say some guys agreed with Bogut. The root of the topic was that more guys need to be getting involved.

Offensively that meant Redd needed to be looking to get others involved and cut down on his shots. Redd was probably a bit pissed and said they needed to contribute in other ways and be consistent.

Honestly I'd bet they gave him a bit of a pass tonight in the media for being passive/benched. Paschke claimed he had a cold. Then LK in the post game said Michael got a thigh contusion and wasn't 100%...plus other guys were stepping up.

I think or at least like to think a light went on for Simmons and Villanueva. They both commented on the effort level needing to be there to get a win. They were both active in other ways.

I thought Simmons had some nice explosion with some good rebounds, a steal, outside shooting. CV still took a couple more three's than I'd wish to see, but he was very smooth scoring in the paint on short jumpers.

Bell was even getting in on the action as well. He actually raised his shooting percentage tonight. He had some tough rebounds as well.

I thought Bogut was getting the ball early in the first and early in the third because Coach called up some plays for him. If Coach K doesn't call up a play for Bogut, he rarely sees the ball offensively besides the rebounds he gets. But I do agree that Bogut needs to post himself up earlier or at least flash to the paint a little more.

Mo was Player of the Game, this is the kind of guy we need to be our point guard. I thought he was doing what great point guards do, get others involved early and score when needed. In the third quarter tonight we really needed some scoring and he stepped up.

I was extremely disappointed and frustrated with the way we closed this game out. One minute we're up 15 and next it's a six point game. But, we stepped up and kept the intensity and closed it out.

Coach K still doesn't know what he's doing. Did I really see Ruffin/Voskuhl in there for extended minutes in the second quarter? I had flashes back to the end of last year.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,289

Post#112 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:15 am

midranger wrote:-= Change Crawford to Marbury and add Simmons.

No...we don't want Marbury and the $40mm he's owed....He'd just be cut and we only owe Simmons another $20mm after this year.

Seriously....wouldn't Crawford be ok? He's owed about $9mm a year for the next three seasons and averages 19ppg....it would be a downgrade from Redd but when you add Lee and Balkman and we get youth and guys who can contribute. As with all these trades, I'd do it from our perspective but the other team probably wouldn't.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
europa
RealGM

Post#113 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:15 am

fam3381 wrote:

Check out what Heat play-by-play man and Quagmire sound-alike Eric Reid said in the third quarter while discussing Mo Williams' decision to re-sign with the Bucks rather than take a paycut to play in Miami:

"Mo said before the game tonight, had the money been even, he was leaving Milwaukee for Miami."

Now, do I not believe that? No, that seems perfectly reasonable for Mo to have felt that way. I might love Milwaukee, but I'm not stupid. Still, is Mo Williams really dumb enough to go around saying he only re-signed with the Bucks because of the money, or is Eric Reid creatively quoting some more innocuous comments? You'd have to ask Eric Reid or Mo Williams.

I'm sure the Milwaukee media will be all over that ...

when Mo's contract expires.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#114 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:16 am

europa wrote:I'm sure the Milwaukee media will be all over that ...

Milwaukee has media?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
europa
RealGM

Post#115 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:17 am

willeatfire4playoffsinmil wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Milwaukee has media?

It's the New Year. I was being generous.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#116 » by WEFFPIM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:18 am

europa wrote:It's the New Year. I was being generous.

...Milwaukee has media?
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#117 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:19 am

europa wrote:I'm sure the Milwaukee media will be all over that ...

It's kind of like the old days, when players could do and say whatever they wanted but there wasn't any digital media and beat writers wouldn't write about little things that could be kind of controversial. I kinda doubt Mo said that in those terms, but we'll probably never know.
europa
RealGM

Post#118 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:20 am

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's kind of like the old days, when players could do and say whatever they wanted but there wasn't any digital media and beat writers wouldn't write about little things that could be kind of controversial. I kinda doubt Mo said that in those terms, but we'll probably never know.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mo said it off the record and the guy took liberties with it. Happens all the time. I doubt he'd go on the air and totally make something up. I have no idea how good of an announcer he is but I can't believe he'd be that stupid.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#119 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:25 am

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I could see Mo just making small talk with the guy. Maybe Reid said something like "Come on Mo, why would you want to stay in Milwaukee? Come to South Beach, it's great down here"....then Mo replying "You know if the money was the same I'd be down here on the beach"

Then the guy tries to mention it like Mo was all serious. I'm not buying it. If he said it, he was joking around, thats just Mo's demeanor.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#120 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:26 am

europa wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Mo said it off the record and the guy took liberties with it. Happens all the time. I doubt he'd go on the air and totally make something up. I have no idea how good of an announcer he is but I can't believe he'd be that stupid.

I can't take Reid seriously because he sounds exactly like Quagmire from Family Guy. I'm not sure how professional he is, but your scenario seems very plausible. He seemed to take a lot of pleasure in pointing out how much Bell and Mo wanted to go to Miami.

Eric Reid can suck it. Giggity-giggity.

Compare for yourself:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=laaWtZG3Nsg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VzUtQJ08emw

Return to Milwaukee Bucks