ImageImage

Post Game Bucks/Heat

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#121 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:33 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No...we don't want Marbury and the $40mm he's owed....He'd just be cut and we only owe Simmons another $20mm after this year.
[list=]

Marbury's deal is a year shorter than Simmons's. They are owed roughly the same amount after this season is over. Difference being, that Marbury will be a huge expiring next year.[/list]
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Hardaway 10
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#122 » by Hardaway 10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:33 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No...we don't want Marbury and the $40mm he's owed....He'd just be cut and we only owe Simmons another $20mm after this year.

Seriously....wouldn't Crawford be ok? He's owed about $9mm a year for the next three seasons and averages 19ppg....it would be a downgrade from Redd but when you add Lee and Balkman and we get youth and guys who can contribute. As with all these trades, I'd do it from our perspective but the other team probably wouldn't.

FWIW, Marbury is a $20 mil expiring contract after this season.

Isiah has already stated that the Knicks won't trade Lee OR Balkman to get a superior talent/defensive demon in Artest, so it's highly doubtful they'd give either for one-dimensional Micheal Redd.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,289

Post#123 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:40 am

Hardaway 10 wrote:-= Isiah has already stated that the Knicks won't trade Lee OR Balkman to get a superior talent/defensive demon in Artest, so it's highly doubtful they'd give either for one-dimensional Micheal Redd.

That's just Isiah playing hard to get.... :)

I'll take Crawford because I think he'd help us and I'd ride out Bobby's contract to see if he gets better. I don't want the cap room from Marbury because it does us no good.

But again a trade idea like this points out the Redd paradox....if he's that good, he should easily be able to net Crawford, Lee and Balkman.....Wouldn't Isiah and Spike have made that deal for Ray when he was 28?
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Hardaway 10
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#124 » by Hardaway 10 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:46 am

Redd is no Ray Allen. :nonono:
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#125 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

.How about Jamaal Crawford, David Lee and Balkman for Redd?

I'm more in the trade Redd camp than not, but bringing in Crawford for three years does nothing from what i'd like to see happen if/when Redd is traded.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Post#126 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:49 am

Hardaway 10 wrote:Redd is no Ray Allen. :nonono:

Redd is an elite scorer!!1!!!11111!!1!!!!
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#127 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:50 am

Crawford is a low BBall IQ, no defense playing chucker.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#128 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:54 am

Crawford's a chucker, but he can also handle it a bit and does average 4.5 apg. If you can get a poor man's Redd PLUS two great young energy forwards why the hell wouldn't you do that? I agree with PP, it's the Knicks who wouldn't do that deal IMO. Crawford's overpaid but not totally horrendously and who knows, he might be dumb enough to us his ETO after the 09/10 season :)

At least with Crawford you can bench him if he gets out of control. I'm not advocating benching Redd, but Redd's salary and role leave us without much room to change things up. Redd's not going to give up his role as alpha dog just yet, even if we'd be better off reorienting our style of play a little bit.
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#129 » by Buck You » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:56 am

fam3381 wrote:Crawford's a chucker, but he can also handle it a bit and does average 4.5 apg. If you can get a poor man's Redd PLUS two great young energy forwards why the hell wouldn't you do that? I agree with PP, it's the Knicks who wouldn't do that deal IMO. Crawford's overpaid but not totally horrendously and who knows, he might be dumb enough to us his ETO after the 09/10 season :)

At least with Crawford you can bench him if he gets out of control. I'm not advocating benching Redd, but Redd's salary and role leave us without much room to change things up. Redd's not going to give up his role as alpha dog just yet, even if we'd be better off reorienting our style of play a little bit.

It sure looked like we benched Redd in the 4th today.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#130 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:00 am

fam3381 wrote:. If you can get a poor man's Redd PLUS two great young energy forwards why the hell wouldn't you do that?

All you need to do now is post on your blog that you heard the idea from some insider....then after Henry Abott links to it, the New York Post will have a story on it....we could get a wiretap headline by the weekend... :)

It's the perfect trading pair....the Bucks and the Knicks....

fam3381
General Manager

Post#131 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:00 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:It sure looked like we benched Redd in the 4th today.

I know, but he's never going to come off the bench as a sixth man, at least not until later in his career. Crawford's been in that role a number of times in his career, which doesn't speak highly of JC, but at least with you're not forced to let him play a certain way.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#132 » by Buck You » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:01 am

fam3381 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know, but he's never going to come off the bench as a sixth man, at least not until later in his career. Crawford's been in that role a number of times in his career, which doesn't speak highly of JC, but at least with you're not forced to let him play a certain way.

Yeah, I got you. But if we trade Redd for Crawford I would want a young player and/or draft picks from them or another team paired with Crawford.
fam3381
General Manager

Post#133 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:07 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:Yeah, I got you. But if we trade Redd for Crawford I would want a young player and/or draft picks from them or another team paired with Crawford.

That's what Lee and Balkman would be for. I'd kill to get David Lee, but unfortunately most of the league seems to feel the same way. Balkman's sucked this year but he showed a lot of energy and promise last year and hasn't played much this season.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#134 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:10 am

I'm not a religious man, but it just doesn't seem right to call Jamal Crawford "JC"

fam, what do you think of Jim/John saying that Redd had a cold and wasn't feeling 100% then in the postgame LK said that Redd got a thigh contusion.....which one was it? If anything?

Maybe they were just saving face for Redd and not coming out to say he might see less shots/less playing time tonight.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#135 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:19 am

midranger wrote:Crawford is a low BBall IQ, no defense playing chucker.

I do understand your point, but haven't you basically posted the same thing about Redd numerous times?

I've seen Crawford do exactly what Redd has done numerous times....get hot and shoot the Knicks to victory or get cold and shoot them out....

He's a year younger than Redd and basically has averaged about 4.5 assists per game for the last five seasons....

And Jamal is half the price and we get David Lee and Balkman. Heck, I'd consider leaving Balkman out of the deal if that would get Isiah to do this one. Remember, there aren't many teams that can afford to take on Redd's contract and actually might consider it....the Knicks are a possibility.

GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#136 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:27 am

midranger wrote:Bobby Simmons: "We have to play our balls off."

:rofl:
I didn't catch this right away, but I just rewound to the 9:01 mark on my DVR to hear that priceless bit of live TV.

Good job by Craig not getting thrown off by that.

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think it's clear that any time your starter doesn't play the entire fourth quarter and a backup of far lesser talent is playing in his stead, he's being benched. Just like Mo was benched earlier in the season when his play stunk up the joint, Redd was benched tonight. I'm fine with that and it's what I've said Krystkowiak needs to do. If your top guys aren't playing well, sit them and find another option. The good news is tonight, a bunch of other options stepped up. Like I said, if this had happened more often this season, maybe the Bucks wouldn't be so terrible.

Absolutely.
And I actually think it was good for the team as a whole (whether or not it will be good for Redd himself remains to be seen) for Redd to play poorly tonight and get benched by LK. I really think the point needed to be made that no one is bigger than the team, not even our highest paid player, Michael Redd.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
fam3381
General Manager

Post#137 » by fam3381 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:36 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'm not a religious man, but it just doesn't seem right to call Jamal Crawford "JC"

Point taken :) How about...JamCraw? I think I prefer CrawJam.

EastSideBucksFan wrote:fam, what do you think of Jim/John saying that Redd had a cold and wasn't feeling 100% then in the postgame LK said that Redd got a thigh contusion.....which one was it? If anything?

No idea...I had the Heat broadcast on LP so I missed all of that. Supposedly Redd was getting over something last week too. I was tempted to say something about how it'd be interesting to see the Bucks play without Redd for a game in case he has a slight injury, but nah, that's just foolish. We don't have nearly the depth to mess around. If Simmons, Bell, Mason and Villanueva were all healthy and playing well I might be more curious.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#138 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:23 am

No idea...I had the Heat broadcast on LP so I missed all of that. Supposedly Redd was getting over something last week too. I was tempted to say something about how it'd be interesting to see the Bucks play without Redd for a game in case he has a slight injury, but nah, that's just foolish. We don't have nearly the depth to mess around. If Simmons, Bell, Mason and Villanueva were all healthy and playing well I might be more curious.

I don't know. For me it seemed like LK was giving a disclaimer for Redd's absence in the 4th quarter and then played it like "Redd wasn't feeling 100% and we were getting contributions from other guys"

For all the complaining regarding Redd's 4th quarter play it should be noted that Miami went on a 15-6 run in the last three minutes and plenty of that was Wade. Now I know he got more agressive in the 2nd half but Redd was doing a decent job defensively on Wade and we couldn't score at the end of the game.

It will be interesting to see how Redd responds to the benching and how he feels about us winning with little contributions from him offensively. Hopefully he will see we have other guys on this team who need to be involved for us to be successful.

I think it should be noted the result (granted far different opponent but) of Mo missing the game against Detroit vs the absence of Redd for most of the night.

Without Mo we were an absolute mess, without Redd we banded together.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#139 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:25 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I thought Redd's defense on Wade was pretty darn good in the first half. He was working very hard on the defensive end. He just didn't play well offensively because the Heat were determined not to let him get going. They focused their defensive attention on him as every other defense in the league does. The big difference tonight is "the others" as McGlocklin would say stepped up and had big games. The Bucks won this game in my opinion because three of their worst players this season (Villanueva, Simmons and Bell) all stepped up and played well when Redd was being shut down. If that had happened more often this season, maybe the Bucks' record wouldn't be so terrible right now.
I agree completely.. well written.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#140 » by carmelbrownqueen » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:30 am

LukePliska wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Honestly, why do you even try to defend Redd anymore?

He's the new Terry Stotts of the message board... Everything is his fault. It's his fault that we pay Simmons, Bell, Gadzuric and Mason their salaries... And it's fault that they have all played at a D-League level this season.

It's all Redd's fault we aren't a good defensive team, it's his fault that we aren't a great rebounding team and heck... It's his fault that we aren't a amazing offensive team as well.

It's his fault that our former first pick turned out to be an average player instead of a great one. It's his fault Yi isn't already as good as Dirk, since he is 'stunting his growth by being so selfish'.

He is a selfish, greedy bastard who would rather pad his scoring and stats than win. (Even though his scoring has gone down and his others have gone up?) Hell, rumor has it Redd actually goes home at night and plots how to make the Bucks lose.
:lol: Yep that pretty much sums up the things being said on this board. Good post.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond

Return to Milwaukee Bucks