midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Chris Paul 30 assist watch. 

Post#1 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:59 am

7 through 10 minutes.

This kid is nuts.

Makes me cry.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,290

Post#2 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:02 am

It's ok......we got the international Jamaal Magloire......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#3 » by jerrod » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 am

paulpressey25 wrote:It's ok......we got the international Jamaal Magloire......

why would you do that to yourself?

:meditate:
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Comet » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 am

Bogut's a quality center (which is rare in today's NBA), but to think we could've (and should've) drafted Paul instead. :evil:
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#5 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 am

On the plus side, I just swung a Monta Ellis and Rajon Rondo for David West trade in one of my fantasy leagues.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#6 » by Simulack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:06 am

Whats astonishing is how long it took for many here to finally admit that they would take Paul over Bogut if the draft was redone.

I remember arguing with a few people after Bogut's first season that they would still take Bogut #1. :rofl:

Bogut's a decent player but picking him #1 will probably be our biggest blunder of the decade.

[Waits for someone to point out that he was never a "realistic" option...]
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#7 » by jerrod » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:09 am

Simulack wrote:
Bogut's a decent player but picking him #1 will probably be our biggest blunder of the decade.

]

whoa hold on there, there's a lot of decade left
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#8 » by BlueJeep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:10 am

deron williams > chris paul
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
Bballer2306
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Bballer2306 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:12 am

Comet wrote:Bogut's a quality center (which is rare in today's NBA), but to think we could've (and should've) drafted Paul instead. :evil:

But its ok because Atlanta missed out on him as well. That always makes me feel better when I think of that :D
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#10 » by skones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:14 am

In hindsight it's easy to state, oh take Chris Paul, but at the time, Bogut was the right choice.
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Comet » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:17 am

Bballer2306 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But its ok because Atlanta missed out on him as well. That always makes me feel better when I think of that :D

What are you talking about? Atlanta doesn't need an MVP-type of PG like Paul.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#12 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:17 am

BlueJeep wrote:deron williams > chris paul

Prior to that draft, i thought Williams would end up being the best PG chosen. He's become a damn good PG and i love his size, but Paul is better than i expected and i'd probably take him over Williams now.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#13 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:18 am

El Duderino wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Prior to that draft, i thought Williams would end up being the best PG chosen. He's become a damn good PG and i love his size, but Paul is better than i expected and i'd probably take him over Williams now.

If I could only have one of them I'd have absolutely no problems with the second pick.
Nothing will not break me.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#14 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:20 am

skones wrote:In hindsight it's easy to state, oh take Chris Paul, but at the time, Bogut was the right choice.

I understand that thought, but great GM's spot things that lesser ones do. Look at the Houston Texans when they shocked everyone by choosing Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young. They caught plenty of flack for the choice, but now they look brilliant
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#15 » by Nowak008 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:22 am

Sim I love you for that link.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
europa
RealGM

Post#16 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:23 am

El Duderino wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I understand that thought, but great GM's spot things that lesser ones do. Look at the Houston Texans when they shocked everyone by choosing Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young. They caught plenty of flack for the choice, but now they look brilliant

Depends on the week of the season. Early in the season, they looked brilliant. Then the Saints looked smart again when Bush had a good stretch of games. Then the Titans looked like they got the best guy and now it looks like maybe the Texans did. I don't think we've answered that one by any means although I do think we can safely say Bush hasn't turned out to be the slam-dunk superstar he was projected to be and that's opened the door for Williams and Young to enter the discussion.

Speaking of Bush, I'm not sure whether he should be given props or not for maybe being engaged to Kim Kardashian. This guy could get any chick he wants and he's diving into those muddy waters?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,290

Post#17 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:24 am

Let's not give our team a total pass on taking Bogut over Paul.....again on the lotto night special Jay Bilas highlighted three guys he thought could be #1, Bogut, Marvin and Paul.....and he probably had Bogut rated third the way he talked about them.

If you don't have Chris Paul punching Julius Hodge in the nuts 60-days earlier, Kohl might have allowed LH to mention Paul as an option that night.....

I'm not saying I didn't support the Bogut pick at the time...I did. But there were plenty of people out there saying Bogut was a white stiff who was the beneficiary of playing in a weak conference and he's the type of guy you pick in the 4-8 Chris Kaman slotting.....

But a lot of people put stock in that Olympic game where he played well against Tim Duncan as a 19-year old.....so he had this international mystique thing that you really couldn't downplay at the time.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
thakfu
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#18 » by thakfu » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:25 am

i remember back on the forums of a certain alleged "worldwide leader" of something-or-other's website that everytime someone butted into the whole "Do we take Bogut or Marvin" debate with "we should take Chris Paul or Deron Williams", that they got laughed off the forum.

OMG HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Why the hell would anyone want a point guard who gets alot of assists when you could have one who launches up crunch time threes and makes them 12% of the time????? I mean assists arent worth any points or anything.

But seriously... to think we coulda had Marvin Williams. Let that sink in.... Marvin Williams.
europa
RealGM

Post#19 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:26 am

I think the main thing we can conclusively say about that draft is that anyone who thought Marvin Williams was the unquestioned No. 1 pick was out of their minds.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#20 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:27 am

Haha, I remember the threads last year saying people would still take Bogut and that he would be better than Paul and Williams eventually. :lol:

I also remember the thread at the start of his second year where there were a ton of people who said Bogut was going to be at least as good, if not better than Dwight Howard. :rofl:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks