ImageImage

WSSP 1250 Pro Hoops Show 6pm

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GO BUCK5
Banned User
And1: 0

WSSP 1250 Pro Hoops Show 6pm 

Post#1 » by GO BUCK5 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:27 pm

I guess Larry K. is duckin out... and we get Brian James. I don't blame him for not wanting to get grilled after the Detroit scrimmage.

Post what we missed.. For those of us not near the radio tonight...
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,354

Post#2 » by rilamann » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:38 pm

Don't miss it guys should be a great show,Brian James making excuses and Gary Woeful kissing ass.I can't wait.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,288

Post#3 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:45 pm

So after we hear about:

-Redd trade rumor

-Rick Sund as GM rumor

-Herb not talking to Larry rumor....

Now Larry ditches Sparky? Hmmm...it's all adding up.

Guys, I can't call in, but know many of you do....let Woeffel have it tonight on all the rumors listed above....
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#4 » by xTitan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:01 am

Anyone hear Woelfel with lil Cliffy and Gery this afternoon? I didn't, but Cliffy made it sound like whatever Woelfel said ought to stir things up tonight.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#5 » by rilamann » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:07 am

1 minute into it and the excuses are flowing like cheap wine.
tlsbucks
Senior

Post#6 » by tlsbucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:11 am

how long does this last?
rilamann
RealGM

Post#7 » by rilamann » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:15 am

tlsbucks wrote:how long does this last?

Are you talking about this nightmere they call the Milwaukee Bucks current roster and coaching staff?? Or are you talking about this hoops show?

I think the show lasts like 45 minutes or an hour,can't tell you how long the nightmere they call the Milwaukee Bucks current roster will last though.

:lol:
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#8 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:18 am

I got thru with the first call tonight.

I wanted to basically ask them about my poll, but the guy wouldn't let me.

So I said whats up to Sparky and Gery and asked them to address Redd and Harris rumors later.

Then I asked Brian James why we see Bogut get the ball early in games, early in quarters but then when plays aren't drawn up for him our players don't look for him out there. I told him 10 shots when he's facing Mark Blount is just not enough. I mean he had four shots on the first four possessions then only got 6 for the rest of the game.

Brian James said that "well, sometimes it's trust, sometimes it's confidence (in your teammates)".

Said we really want to get Andrew the ball more, but he's got to produce when he's given the chance. He needs to demand the ball more, he needs to aggressively post up more. He needs to take it strong to the rim and make his free throws.

Also said "sometimes Andrew is his own worst enemy. He's a very hard critic on himself and when he misses, it's magnified. Sometimes he gets down on himself and isn't as assertive and doesn't have as much confidence. It's hard to gain that back midgame"

Pretty much spot on. I'm not going to be able to listen to the whole thing. Someone post if Sparky and Gery comment on the rumors.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,272

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:19 am

Someone needs to keep this updated tonight. Sounds like there are some rumors out there.
tlsbucks
Senior

Post#10 » by tlsbucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:22 am

LK may not be back on until the end of the month...obviously he is talking names with management and cant slip anything on here
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,427

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:22 am

rilamann wrote:1 minute into it and the excuses are flowing like cheap wine.

Cheap champagne would be a better alcoholic beverage to put in this situation.

This guy is blasting the defense right now. :lol:
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
tlsbucks
Senior

Post#12 » by tlsbucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:23 am

My guy from annapolis calls in to attack the zone...james is trying to keep it cool but he knows
rilamann
RealGM

Post#13 » by rilamann » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:26 am

Good call Eastside.

I do think Bogut needs to get tougher and more agressive and be more of a leader,I just think that its hard for Bogut to do that playing with guards who dominate/hog the ball.

I think Bogut defers(sp) to much to Redd & Mo.

If Bogut smacked Redd and said ''sit down punk this is my team,you will be defering to me from now on'' the Bucks would be a much better team and Bogut would become a much better player.

I think Bogut has it in him to be a hardnosed leader type player but his menatlity is too soft,he's gotta stand up and start **** people up.
tlsbucks
Senior

Post#14 » by tlsbucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:29 am

james says 3 weeks ago they were 20th in defense and sounded good with that and then says we are back to last year...HOW CAN YOU BE OK WITH 20th RANKED D?
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#15 » by xTitan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:32 am

rilamann wrote:Good call Eastside.

I do think Bogut needs to get tougher and more agressive and be more of a leader,I just think that its hard for Bogut to do that playing with guards who dominate/hog the ball.

If Bogut smacked Redd and said ''sit down punk this is my team,you will be defering to me from now on'' the Bucks would be a much better team and Bogut would become a much better player.

I think Bogut has it in him to be a hardnosed leader type player but his menatlity is too soft,he's gotta stand up and start **** people up.

Bogut needs to establish position, stick his a$$ out and demand the damn ball, then do something positive, at least draw fouls....he just doesn't demand it enough and want it.....he needs to make it OBVIOUS.
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#16 » by steger_3434 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:34 am

This show is a pile of crap. ESB did a great job on the first call and the guy from anaplis did as well, but they don't answer a damn thing. It's all excuses. The ONLY people that listen to this little radio segment are hardcore fans. We don't need the sugar coating that normal fans need. Just give us the raw truth.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#17 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:34 am

rilamann wrote:Good call Eastside.

Another thing he said was that late in games you go to guys who want the ball. Mo and Redd want the ball in late game situations. Mo and Redd have proven they can produce in those situations. Bogut needs to want the ball. He needs to prove he can produce when he does and he needs to make his free throws.

Redd had some comments about the team meeting. He sounded like he was defending himself. He said "you know I can't listen to anything anybody says. I know how hard I play, I know I play hard every game. During the Denver game, I was sick, but that wasn't reported, but I played thru it. Last night, I wasn't feeling great. But everybody that knows me, knows how hard I play"

Sounds like guys were saying he wasn't playing hard. I don't really think that I agree with that, thats not the problem. But to me he sounded defensive.
tlsbucks
Senior

Post#18 » by tlsbucks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:36 am

Im sure Redd was a bit sick of people get at him...he needed to say what happened not excuses just where he was and how he felt. we all tend to get on him for bad games but if anyone else does we make excuses for them maybe its time to listen to redd and see what he has to say
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM

Post#19 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:37 am

Don't you just love listening to Brian James say "listen, we don't want to be great defensively, we just want to be average. You know, just two or three more misses everygame"

Thats the problem. We only aspire to being average defensively.

It's like they beg the players

"Can you please just be average? Thats all we're asking you to do"

:pray:

.....and they can't even do it

:banghead:
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#20 » by BrewersGM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:38 am

signed on.......

Return to Milwaukee Bucks