Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#41 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:59 am

steger_3434 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

accents? Have you heard yourself talk? :D

Maate.

I really hope Bogut starts demanding it in the post more and producing. I mean, if he's scoring a lot in the post and being successful there Redd HAS to pass to him doesn't he? You can't go away from what's working.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#42 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:59 am

We could use a 30 minute recap now with Gery and Sparky talking about the day's rumors.......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,481

Post#43 » by steger_3434 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:59 am

ReddBogutCharlieV wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maate.

I really hope Bogut starts demanding it in the post more and producing. I mean, if he's scoring a lot in the post and being successful there Redd HAS to pass to him doesn't he? You can't go away from what's working.

I don't know, you'd have to ask Yi.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#44 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:00 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We could use a 30 minute recap now with Gery and Sparky talking about the day's rumors.......

Yep, this show was worthless.

I'm off to play poker
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#45 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:02 am

steger_3434 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know, you'd have to ask Yi.

Well yeah but if a player that isn't a rookie was scoring a ton when he had the ball in the post it would be blatantly dumb not to give it to him. But Redd has done this before so I wouldn't put it past him. He has alpha dog disease, and there has yet to be a cure.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#46 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:22 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Brian James is doing a decent job.....here's what I've gotten:

a) Blame Bogut for his lack of touches and the lack of repost. Said Andrew doesn't want it bad enough down there and his teammates don't trust him.

b) They have to play zone because they are getting killed on "screen/roll" plays (Hello Mo Williams) when they go man to man.

c) Other guys on D won't rotate fast enough.....

That
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,431

Post#47 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:26 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:He emphasizes that Bogut has the best FG percentage by a mile.

I missed this on the show but is he high? Bogut is shooting 50.2%, our PG is shooting 48.2%, our rookie PF is shooting 47.3%. Bogut has the best FG percentage by a mile just like I'm having a threesome with Jessica Alba and Jessica Biel tonight.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#48 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:28 am

On a more positive note-

James stressed how the horrific shooting slump from guys like Bell and Simmons isn
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#49 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:32 am

James emphasized that Bogut had the best field goal percentage on the team and that the Bucks needed to keep getting him the ball. I didn't realize the percentage was so close and threw in the "by a mile" for emphasis. I really agreed with pretty much everything James had to say about Bogut.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#50 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:05 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:-= I don
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#51 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:53 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I got thru with the first call tonight.

I wanted to basically ask them about my poll, but the guy wouldn't let me.

So I said whats up to Sparky and Gery and asked them to address Redd and Harris rumors later.

Then I asked Brian James why we see Bogut get the ball early in games, early in quarters but then when plays aren't drawn up for him our players don't look for him out there. I told him 10 shots when he's facing Mark Blount is just not enough. I mean he had four shots on the first four possessions then only got 6 for the rest of the game.

Brian James said that "well, sometimes it's trust, sometimes it's confidence (in your teammates)".

Said we really want to get Andrew the ball more, but he's got to produce when he's given the chance. He needs to demand the ball more, he needs to aggressively post up more. He needs to take it strong to the rim and make his free throws.

Also said "sometimes Andrew is his own worst enemy. He's a very hard critic on himself and when he misses, it's magnified. Sometimes he gets down on himself and isn't as assertive and doesn't have as much confidence. It's hard to gain that back midgame"

Pretty much spot on. I'm not going to be able to listen to the whole thing. Someone post if Sparky and Gery comment on the rumors.
Great comments by Brian James about Bogut.. he's right on point. I think most of us have seen many elements of that throughout his time with the Bucks. He has improved in some areas (specifically defensively) but offensively he just isn't there yet. Perhaps he will one day get there, but his failure to consistently produce on the offensive end is a big problem for this team. We need to know that if the jumpers aren't falling for the guards.. our center to not only get but MAKE his shot and throws if the ball is delievered to him. Too often not only does Bogut fail to hit his shots but his free throw shooting is becoming quite an adventure.

I will say this about him offensively though.. before the season, he looked really good shooting those 15 footers at the open scrimmage, he just hasn't been able to translate that to real time games though.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#52 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:56 am

rilamann wrote:Good call Eastside.

I do think Bogut needs to get tougher and more agressive and be more of a leader,I just think that its hard for Bogut to do that playing with guards who dominate/hog the ball.

I think Bogut defers(sp) to much to Redd & Mo.

If Bogut smacked Redd and said ''sit down punk this is my team,you will be defering to me from now on'' the Bucks would be a much better team and Bogut would become a much better player.

I think Bogut has it in him to be a hardnosed leader type player but his menatlity is too soft,he's gotta stand up and start **** people up.
It's interesting that you see leader in Bogut right now.. I definitely don't sese the ability but I do see "potential". He isn't ready yet, but he has potential to be a leader sometime in the future.. he just isn't ready to stand up and start #### people up quite yet. He's good for sound bites and I like seeing him talk to his teammates on defense, but I just don't see him as ready for the full time responsiblity of being the team leader yet.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#53 » by europa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:56 am

It's also hard to run offense late in the game for a 50% FT shooter. To me, that's as critical as anything. You can give Bogut the ball in the high post to try to take advantage of his passing ability, but it's difficult to call set plays for him in the post because teams should foul him instantly if he's anywhere close to the hoop.
Nothing will not break me.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#54 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:57 am

tlsbucks wrote:james says 3 weeks ago they were 20th in defense and sounded good with that and then says we are back to last year...HOW CAN YOU BE OK WITH 20th RANKED D?
Because that was quite an improvement over what we have been the past few years.

carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#55 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:58 am

[quote="EastSideBucksFan"][/quote]There are so many ways to intrepret what he is saying in that quote.. but again, it's interesting how fans choose to see it. I thought perhaps he was calling someone out without saying their names.

blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#56 » by blkout » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:59 am

I've only seen a few games this season, but I fail to see how Bogut's supposed to "demand the ball" when alot of the plays virtually ignore him completely. He wasn't doing anything different before/after the first time-out in the Miami game yet he had more touches than anyone in the first 4-5 minutes then never saw it again, unless this was happening in the plays that were run for him (which in this case they obviously weren't) I have no idea how it can be his fault for not "demanding" the ball. I think the lack of trust is a more valid explanation.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#57 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:06 am

paulpressey25 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Is the interview up on their website? Listen to the beginning and Sparky starts talking right after Eastsides question about whether the guards trust Bogut or have faith in him to perform hence why Bogut doesn't get the ball later in the game as things tighten up.

About 8 minutes later they are still going on about Bogut and then James used some line about how the Bogut's got to earn that trust of the guys on the court with him.

The whole concept of the whether or not the guards have faith in Bogut was weaved in and out of that conversation.....ask Sparky about it. He was the one I think who started the point.

I can get try to get a copy, but there was a quote almost exactly along the lines of
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM

Post#58 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:11 am

Citizen.Eras3d wrote:I've only seen a few games this season, but I fail to see how Bogut's supposed to "demand the ball" when alot of the plays virtually ignore him completely. He wasn't doing anything different before/after the first time-out in the Miami game yet he had more touches than anyone in the first 4-5 minutes then never saw it again, unless this was happening in the plays that were run for him (which in this case they obviously weren't) I have no idea how it can be his fault for not "demanding" the ball. I think the lack of trust is a more valid explanation.
Bogut definitely needs to work on boxing out, establishing position and hitting those short bunny shots that he routinely misses in a given game. He isn't always going up strong to the basket.. and when he gets the ball on offense he still looks confused sometimes. When shots aren't falling we desperately need a big man like Bogut who can rumble a little bit and make something happen. If he doesn't make the shot, then he has to hit his free throws. Everything isn't the guards fault.. even with a pass first guards and forwards that differed exclusively to Bogut for 20 + shots per game, I still don't believe he would be more effective offensively. Bogut still doesn't have a go to move and still loses confidence everytime one of his flip shots doesn't go in..that has to improve and it's no one's fault but his own. I think he is working on it, but I also believe his confidence issues hurt his ability to be the player many already believe he is.

Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#59 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:28 am

The best pass first point guards in the league get Bogut two or three more easy dunks per game.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#60 » by xTitan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That

Return to Milwaukee Bucks