ImageImage

bucks #3 most disappointing teams

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

bayrdbandit
Sixth Man
And1: 1

bucks #3 most disappointing teams 

Post#1 » by bayrdbandit » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:25 pm

discusses the nba's 5 most disappointing teams this season. just for the record:

1. houston
2. chicago
3. milwaukee
4. miami
5. new york

the article is here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Among league executives, there
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#2 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:28 pm

Could we get a list of what Rick Sund has done as a GM? Anyone have that information available?

Also... Doug Collins seems to be a great guy to bring in, a very smart basketball person.

Sad to hear Herb probably wouldn't have the money required to do so... But it would be nice to see.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#3 » by BobbyLight » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:30 pm

I feel like this team is going to suck until we sell it, at wich point they will move anyhow. Sometimes its sad to be a Bucks fan.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,172

Post#4 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:30 pm

Kohl is insane.

Oversold him on Yi?

What the hell was he expecting? Shaq?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
midranger
RealGM

Post#5 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:32 pm

Also, tough to see how teh Bucks have been more disappointing that the Heat. Unless of course, you were expecting the Heat to be the worst team in the East, which I was.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#6 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:32 pm

Maybe Kohl will remember that you can't win with a rookie coach

Short of firing LK the best thing he could do is convince Del Harris to sit on the bench and babysit LK

It doesn't sound like Kohl is giving LH any leeway to make a trade to save his job.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#7 » by xTitan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:34 pm

Very interesting article and one I believe makes alot of sese....Sund is basically a midling, at best, GM......but they will not get Collins, I believe enough of his contacts have warned him about this organization unless of course he is starving to get back in the NBA. I was also led to believe a number of weeks ago Bogut, Yi and Redd were the untradeable ones but I would not be shocked if Redd is on the blocks, not sure of his popularity on this team or previous teams for that matter.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Re: bucks #3 most disappointing teams 

Post#8 » by europa » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:38 pm

bayrdbandit wrote:Among league executives, there
Nothing will not break me.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,283

Post#9 » by xTitan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:38 pm

midranger wrote:Kohl is insane.

Oversold him on Yi?

What the hell was he expecting? Shaq?

There is the major contradiction of the article....I agree, Kohl would have to know nothing about basketball to be disappointed in Yi, Oh wait a minute..................................

The other thing that didn't make sense is that Herbie felt oversold on YI, yet he must not feel to oversold if he is 1 of 2 players they wouldn't trade.
The other thing is Kohl and Harris never talk alot unless Kohl has something to bitch about, which this year is alot, the little lawyers do most of his talking.
midranger
RealGM

Post#10 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:41 pm

Maybe Harris oversold Herb on the amount of Chinese advertisments thay'd have in the BC by now. 1 is simply not enough. Tough to argue about the results on the court though. Yi is certainly a top-3 rookie thus far, with an argument that he's been the best.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#11 » by El Duderino » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:43 pm

They even suggest that Kohl believes his GM oversold him on the talents of Yi, although most fair-minded executives and coaches have been impressed with the Chinese rookie
midranger
RealGM

Post#12 » by midranger » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:48 pm

Larry K spent the offseason working on the triangle, which he scraped about 5 games into the season.

Yi has had a very nice rookie year, garnering high praise from everyone.

Who is Kohl happier with?

The guy just needs to leave the team alone. Set a spending limit, and allow someone to operate within that limit.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,289

Post#13 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:26 pm

I'd like to know who the source of this information is......

Especially this line :For now, Bucks officials have told others in the league that communication between Kohl and Harris has become scarce

If this reporter has legit information in his article, it certainly would fit the Bucks management dysfunction.

a) Team doesn't just stink but is an embarrassment to Kohl, especially after Monday's loss. (Remember how Herb fired Stotts after the Bogut finger game last year that was an embarrassment)

b) Kohl runs cold on Larry Harris....makes up his mind something will happen, just not now, so he cuts off talking with Larry because otherwise it would be uncomfortable to do so (this is typical though in most businesses....the guy on the way out, before he is formally let go, suddenly gets no interaction with senior management)

c) Kohl cabinet members leak to the media the trial balloon of Rick Sund....maybe in an effort to force Kohl to make a decision on Larry and force out Larry Harris. Maybe Kohl even asked one of them to talk to Sund this past week.

d) Michael Redd trade possibility gets leaked because the team can't just put him on the block directly for a number of political reasons.....so they leak out a trade rumor to see what happens... (I'm still betting that one was done by someone in the organization for a specific purpose)

It does all fit.....even the part about Kohl being dissapointed in Yi. Herb runs extremely hot and cold on people and players. It's highly plausible Kohl thinks Yi should be averaging 17ppg right now.....he's not a guy who likes to wait for things, hence all the trades, coaches, etc we've burned through.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#14 » by skones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:35 pm

LukePliska wrote:Could we get a list of what Rick Sund has done as a GM? Anyone have that information available?

I got you LP, http://www.hoopshype.com/general_managers/rick_sund.htm

Among his Highlights:
The Ray Allen for GP Debacle
Traded Vladamir Radmanovic for Chris Wilcox

Other than that, not much else.....
skones
RealGM

Post#15 » by skones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:36 pm

LukePliska wrote:Could we get a list of what Rick Sund has done as a GM? Anyone have that information available?

Among his Highlights:

skones
RealGM

Post#16 » by skones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:37 pm

Among his Highlights:

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,790

Post#17 » by Ayt » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:39 pm

I didn't catch that, Skones. Care to post it again?
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#18 » by Newz » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:41 pm

skones wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Among his Highlights:

Those are both really good moves though.
BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#19 » by BrewersGM » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:41 pm

LukePliska wrote:
Also... Doug Collins seems to be a great guy to bring in, a very smart basketball person.

I love listening to him when he broadcasts games. He knows his stuff! Just seems like he doesnt have the patience for some reason to go threw a season in that position.

Sad to hear Herb probably wouldn't have the money required to do so... But it would be nice to see.

He has the money, just doesnt want to spend it! He may have no choice...
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,289

Post#20 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:43 pm

This is a better link to what Sund is about:

http://www.sportsad.ohio.edu/sports/new ... ick00.html

Hiring him would fit Herb's MO perfectly. Sund was an organization favorite guy who got his start with the Bucks in the 1970's. He would be a "company guy" who would go along with whatever restrictions Kohl put on him.

Forget Seattle......Where he got more acclaim was working with the Dallas Mavericks in their early days of Mark Aquire, Jay Vincent, Brad Davis, Roy Tarpley, Rolando Blackman era......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Milwaukee Bucks