ImageImage

bucks #3 most disappointing teams

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#21 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:47 pm

Wait for us to be "disappointing" then that meant that expectations were higher than what we are currently performing at.

But all the national sportwriters said we were going to suck, most projections had us at 11th or 12 in the east. I haven't looked at the standings lately, but we're probably in that region right now.

Something is going to happen soon, by or on the trade deadline. I can just feel it.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#22 » by skones » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:50 pm

Ayt wrote:I didn't catch that, Skones. Care to post it again?

I'm confuzzled.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,833

Post#23 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:52 pm

Ayt wrote:I didn't catch that, Skones. Care to post it again?
:D
Go Bucks!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,292

Post#24 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:53 pm

If you re-read that article blurb again....and assume that the info is accurate and not crap put together by a guy who reads RealGM.....there really are some bombshells in there....

If that info is accurate....Larry's out.....Rick Sund is in....the only question is when.

Then again this could be like when Hoopsworld reported we were trading Cassell for Jamal Crawford and Marcus Fizer.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#25 » by wichmae » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:01 am

I honestly would rather keep harris than do al this crap.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#26 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:22 am

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Maybe Kohl will remember that you can't win with a rookie coach

Short of firing LK the best thing he could do is convince Del Harris to sit on the bench and babysit LK

It doesn't sound like Kohl is giving LH any leeway to make a trade to save his job.

there was an effort made to get del harris on the bench, kohl shot it down.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#27 » by bigkurty » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:38 am

I am still an LH supporter for the most part. Has he been perfect? No but no GM is. They all make mistakes. Has he been hampered and limited in his power to improve the team? Yes. We could have had Boozer and Marion right now for example. Also who has been hiring these coaches? Umm, I think most of us can agree it has been Kohl. To me that says LH is not the problem. I blame Kohl much more so than Harris. Can someone fire Kohl please?
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#28 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:52 am

LukePliska wrote:Could we get a list of what Rick Sund has done as a GM? Anyone have that information available?

Yes, I have that info, but it is kind of unorganized. I'll have to get back to you on that.
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Re: bucks #3 most disappointing teams 

Post#29 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:02 am

bayrdbandit wrote: They even suggest that Kohl believes his GM oversold him on the talents of Yi, although most fair-minded executives and coaches have been impressed with the Chinese rookie
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#30 » by europa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:If you re-read that article blurb again....and assume that the info is accurate and not crap put together by a guy who reads RealGM.....there really are some bombshells in there....

The two biggest to me were the possibility that both Redd and Mo could be traded and that Kohl may be trying to go after Collins again. I'm not sure why Collins would want any part of this team now given how it isn't better than the team he could have taken over. One could argue it's actually worse and not heading in as positive of a direction. As far as Redd and Mo, maybe Kohl would be looking to make one blockbuster deal involving both of them. I still think Milwaukee, Dallas and New Jersey make ideal trading partners. Players like Kidd, Redd, Mo, Devin Harris, Josh Howard, Richard Jefferson and Villanueva could all have appeal to the other teams and all three could be looking to make a big move of some kind.

I'll say it again - those three teams need to become best friends very quickly and figure out a deal that would give all three some juice for the second half of the season and beyond.
Nothing will not break me.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Re: bucks #3 most disappointing teams 

Post#31 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:53 am

Simulack wrote:This Sund rumor is also why I've been defending Harris recently. If PP is right about him being a Kohl "yes man" type, this is exactly why I don't think we are going to replace Harris with anyone who is going to do a significantly better job.

Sund was considered an up and coming scout/personnel guy with us when he left for the Mavericks expansion team in 1979. Norm Sonju was the GM but Sund was the player personnel director and was getting a fair amount of credit for Dallas identifying young talented guys like Rolando Blackman, Derrick Harper, etc. The Mavericks did a decent job as an expansion team accumulating talented guys. One of their scouts at the time under Sund was a former teacher of mine and former Marquette headcoach Jack Nagle. Nagle was a great guy to talk hoops with in high school as he knew it all and was able to share with me insights of how Dallas drafted back in those years.

Anyways, Sund worked for the Mavs former owner Don Carter who was a meddling Jerry Jones type. And he was a good company man for a number of years. I didn't track what he did or didn't do after he left Dallas and went to Detroit as a player personnel guy in the Grant Hill years and later as the Sonics GM.

He's well respected around the league and a good guy. But he's also a guy that as I noted, could easily take this job with the caveats of knowing that he'll work within Kohl's parameters.

zizek
Senior
And1: 0

Post#32 » by zizek » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:24 am

The Bucks might as well keep Harris if they're not changing the structure of the organization. I wonder if the obstacle for Collins or another prominent basketball man would really be money or control.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#33 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:32 am

europa wrote:-= Kohl may be trying to go after Collins again. I'm not sure why Collins would want any part of this team now given how it isn't better than the team he could have taken over. .

Sund worked for/with Doug Collins in Detroit....I wonder if either Collins said "Herb, I don't want the job but you really need to talk with Rick" or if Collins said "Get me Rick to be my player personnel guy and pay me $5mm a year and I'll do it"

Return to Milwaukee Bucks