ImageImage

Wizards @ Bucks - 1/4/08 - 7:30PM

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Wizards @ Bucks - 1/4/08 - 7:30PM 

Post#1 » by BrewersGM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:50 am

Is this a must win for the Bucks? Or another let down? They need to win 3 of the next 4 in my opinion before the west coast swing...

If there is any sign of a turn around it has to happen tomorrow night. It should be an easy win we would hope. No agent 0! But will Redd play?

Dont know..... I say Bucks 88 Wiz 79.....
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:12 am

Okay time for a serious prediction.

Wizards 102
Bucks 90
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#3 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:14 am

Loss
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#4 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:17 am

Blowout Loss.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:23 am

Easy win
okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#6 » by okanoho » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:33 am

another loss
don't you see they win more with agent0 injured?
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#7 » by BrewersGM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:34 am

Whats the latest on Redd? Day to day or what?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#8 » by crkone » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:58 am

If Redd plays I say a blowout loss. If Redd is out, we squeak a loss out.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#9 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:08 am

And here I thought Larry K grew a pair. Redd was injured.... :nonono:

Redd up in air for Wizards

Thigh bruise could sideline guard

By CHARLES F. GARDNER

St. Francis - Michael Redd admits that the Milwaukee Bucks are still searching, despite their road victory against the struggling Miami Heat on Wednesday night.

And the Bucks might have to go without Redd for the first time this season when they play host to the Washington Wizards tonight. Redd suffered a deep left thigh bruise in a collision with a Heat player, forcing the Bucks guard to watch practice from the sideline Thursday at the Cousins Center.

He was listed on the injury report as day-to-day and said he would not know until today if he would be able to play.

"I don't think we've found our identity yet," Redd said, with the season's halfway mark just 10 games away. "We don't know if we want to run or slow the game up. We've got to figure it out. We have to continue to keep plugging away in practice.

"The coaches have us practicing hard still and trying to figure out something, and I think we will eventually."

While the Bucks try to discover their best selves in time to salvage the season, they can control their attitude and effort each night. That was a primary topic at a players-only meeting called by Redd on Tuesday in Miami.

"Right now there's a bunch of shouldas and wouldas and couldas," Redd said. "Let's work on right now. It's a new year; we had a new start. Let's go from there."

Milwaukee (12-19) ended a disturbing four-game skid Wednesday, one that included a 20-point loss to Denver, an embarrassing 45-point defeat in Detroit and close losses to Chicago and New Jersey.

Coach Larry Krystkowiak has his own ideas about how the team can improve.

"The identity that needs to be part of our team all the time, that has been so lacking, is a willingness to compete and to work," Krystkowiak said. "If our shots go in and things look good at the offensive end, that's a bonus.

"Outside looking in, you'd say we're a finesse, jump-shooting team. An identity we need to establish is that we're going to play hard. When you see those Detroit games, that Denver game, there's a definite correlation between our energy level (and the lopsided results)."

The Bucks received a major boost from their bench Wednesday, as Charlie Villanueva (15 points, five rebounds) and Charlie Bell (12 points, five rebounds) made huge contributions.

With the game on the line in the fourth quarter, Krystkowiak went with three reserves - Villanueva, Bell and Royal Ivey - in addition to point guard Mo Williams and center Andrew Bogut.

Another reserve player who made an impact against the Heat was 6-foot-8 power forward / center Michael Ruffin. He played 12 minutes and showed a toughness the team needs, and he yielded no ground in a baseline collision with Heat guard Dwyane Wade early in the fourth quarter.

Wade briefly had to leave the game after banging his shoulder.

"Mike is really solid," Krystkowiak said. "He understands all the schemes, offensively, defensively. He battles. He's physical."

Ruffin is simply glad to be back on the court after missing 18 games with a fractured left wrist suffered in an early season game at San Antonio.

"We're trying to build something, and I think we got off to a good start (Wednesday)," Ruffin said. "We played emotional; we played passionate about the game.

"The best teams are able to find consistency with their effort. That was something we lost."

Bad memories: It was nearly one year ago, on Jan. 5, that Redd suffered a left patellar tendon strain while dunking the ball late in a home-court loss to Cleveland.

Redd missed 20 games and the Bucks went 3-17 during that time.

So it was understandable that Redd flashed back to that memory when he injured his thigh in the third quarter against Miami on Wednesday. But at least this injury is not considered nearly as serious.

Redd said he had given up dunking after his injury last winter, but he drove the baseline for an impressive right-handed slam in the second quarter.

"It was just instinct," Redd said. "It's due to my training in the summer.

"That's my goal, to try to cause some chaos at the rim instead of just settling for jump shots."
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,139

Post#10 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:12 am

bango_the_buck wrote:And here I thought Larry K grew a pair. Redd was injured.... :nonono:

Have you been sleeping for the past 24 hours?
bango_the_buck
Bench Warmer
And1: 149

Post#11 » by bango_the_buck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:26 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Have you been sleeping for the past 24 hours?

Almost. Got home late from work last night and stayed up 'till 4 watching the game against the Heat online (Miami feed - they made it seem like he wasn't injured). Slept in 'till noon and then went back to work. I checked in on the message boards periodically throughout the day, but I didn't see it mentioned ...
Scott Skiles on being compared by reporters to Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley: "If I thought you guys knew anything, I'd be flattered."
Cold Crush 24
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#12 » by Cold Crush 24 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:40 am

Michael Ruffin: 4 pts 18 mins 4 fouls 1 assist 4 boards. Thats my prediction. Take THAT old team!
Finals in 2017
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#13 » by wichmae » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:11 am

Lose by 8
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#14 » by Sigra » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:42 pm

Lose and changes please
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#15 » by vlietinho » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:00 pm

Win..

Butler will score big on us (which I dont mind as long as we win:-) )

Bucks 103
Wiz 98
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by Neapolitan Buck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:25 pm

Wiz 94 Bucks 87
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,294

Post#17 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:33 pm

vlietinho wrote:Win..

Butler will score big on us (which I dont mind as long as we win:-) )

Bucks 103
Wiz 98

My take as well
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#18 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:46 pm

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My take as well
OT: Did you get your phone set up yesterday? Let me know if you have any questions.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
NBA Cares
Sixth Man
And1: 34

Post#19 » by NBA Cares » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:00 pm

Bogut should learn to improve his freethrow like Haywoord.
If Haywood can now shoot 74% at the line, so can Bogut.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 172

Post#20 » by fam3381 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:15 pm

NBA Cares wrote:Bogut should learn to improve his freethrow like Haywoord.
If Haywood can now shoot 74% at the line, so can Bogut.

Isn't it pretty to think so?
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks