RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#3 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:26 am

He's the first Milwaukee journalist to my knowledge to call out Kohl
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#4 » by trwi7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:26 am

Michael Hunt wrote:Gutting the team and starting over is the only way to go at this point. The playoffs? Please. Besides, that would only cost the Bucks a lottery pick to expedite the rebuilding.

Basically what everybody here who wants Redd traded has been saying. Don't delay it any longer as you'll continue to be mediocre at best.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Re: Michael Hunt on fire-calls for team to be blown up 

Post#5 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:27 am

Sorry I'm not impressed.. just looks like he has been grabbing random quotes from disgruntled RealGM fans as usual.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#6 » by LUKE23 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:29 am

Easily Hunt's best column, and it's not even close.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#7 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:29 am

carmelbrownqueen wrote:
-= original quote snipped =-

Sorry I'm not impressed.. just looks like he has been grabbing random quotes from disgruntled RealGM fans as usual.

I
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 868

Post#8 » by Epicurus » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:30 am

Very disappointing as I thought you meant the subject title literally. I though this clown's hot air stayed internal and he self-combusted.

As far as the column itself, not even the quality of half the posts here. Has he just discovered the internal problems with the upper management or the contracts of Bucks' underperformers (actually overrewarded for their normal performances for several years). Strange that for this buffon the third head coach should have receptive players, but he still demeans the previous two head coaches who also could have used receptive players (and perhaps a supportive gm office).
schweig
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#9 » by schweig » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:30 am

Now do this every day, and from more guys than just this one whose work I almost always look past, and maybe... these writers will have even less access :(

ETA:
Epicurus wrote:Very disappointing as I thought you meant the subject title literally.
I liked that
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#10 » by carmelbrownqueen » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:32 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Comet
Veteran
And1: 8

Post#11 » by Comet » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:37 am

That article was well-written, and I'd love to blow up this roster, but as I've questioned several times before, how long would it take for this team to successfully rebuild so they can convince the taxpayers that they deserve a new arena? If, after a massive roster blowup, it would 2 years for this team to go back to where it was 7 years ago (which is unlikely), that would be fantastic and I'd be all for a blowup. But if it would take 7 years for this team to successfully rebuild, why even bother?

If we're going to blowup our roster, we have to be careful. But yes, we should build around Yi and Bogut.
europa
RealGM
And1: 471

Post#12 » by europa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:40 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:He's the first Milwaukee journalist to my knowledge to call out Kohl
Nothing will not break me.
THE DINJ
Starter
And1: 121

Post#13 » by THE DINJ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:41 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#14 » by DanoMac » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:41 am

Mike Hunt just wrote a spectacular article.

(I had to)

But seriously, great article. I agree 100%.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#15 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:43 am

europa wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's easy to say - blow the team up. But how do they do that? Should the Bucks trade Redd and Mo for picks? Should they try to get some cheap vets? What's the approach that should be taken? Hunt doesn't provide one and if I were to be cynical I'd say it's because he doesn't want to be tied to a position so that he has the freedom to make a new one up later.

Or because Realgm is split down the middle and he is waiting for one side to prevail before taking credit for that stance.

Oh, and HI HUNT! :wave:
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#16 » by MajorDad » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:45 am

i have often critisized hunt for going to websites/forums and cutting and pasting posts and then calling them his words.

However, i applaud him for having the guts to make those thoughts public.

as for being original, another writer in LA published similar thoughts about blowing up the Clippers last week. i fear hunt took his cue from a fellow journalist and just changed the names.

But as I said, hunt had the balls and also the job security to go public and attack the kohl regime. i wonder if Hunt is a democrat?
SugarRay34
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#17 » by SugarRay34 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:01 am

This is the best Bucks article that has been written in the paper that I can remember. Finally somebody calls this organization out as a whole and it starts at the top. Just a very good article by Hunt. Hope theres more to come now
heynow
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by heynow » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:13 am

It is a start.
At least it appears Hunt is beginning to get it.
The first sign of light at the end of the media tunnel in this town.

This is one of the worse run franchises in all of sports.
If you are a Bucks fan who giggles at Al Davis or gets glee from the running nightmare that is "As Zeke Turns" in New York.
You need to take the Rose Colored glasses off for a second and realize that the Bucks are run as badly if not worse then the New York Knicks or Oakland Raiders.
THis is a mess that starts at the top. Furthermore the desire to toss a stick of dynamite into the middle of this mess and watch it go boom is not the worse idea.

Europa I could care less how it is done but Kohl has to be forced by the City fathers to give up control of the power to make basketball decisions... Threaten him with an ultimatium, no re-structuring of the management end of this franchise and no possibility of a new arena.

Yes, I am saying that either this becomes a franchise run by professionals or take this mess to Vegas, Buffalo or Oklahoma City. I cannot support the use of my tax money being spent to support this non-sense.
I am fed up and I simply cannot take anymore of this damn incompetence.
The fans who accept this under the threat of Herb selling to someone who will move the Bucks are victims and behave like hostages who suffer from Stockholm syndrome.
Guys there are things worse then the Bucks leaving and that is this level of futility for another 5 or 6 seasons, and a half-a-billion bill to watch it.

I am damn tired of being tired of this act.
Something drastic has to be done.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#19 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:21 am

it was fine. Could have been longer as Europa pointed out. Nothing new that those who read here daily don't already know, but perhaps for average fan, this'll be something.
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#20 » by 75totheMACCfund » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:22 am

Epicurus wrote:Very disappointing as I thought you meant the subject title literally. I though this clown's hot air stayed internal and he self-combusted.

As far as the column itself, not even the quality of half the posts here. Has he just discovered the internal problems with the upper management or the contracts of Bucks' underperformers (actually overrewarded for their normal performances for several years). Strange that for this buffon the third head coach should have receptive players, but he still demeans the previous two head coaches who also could have used receptive players (and perhaps a supportive gm office).

Return to Milwaukee Bucks