ImageImage

Is Redd going to be traded in the next couple of days?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

YI9
Banned User
And1: 0

Is Redd going to be traded in the next couple of days? 

Post#1 » by YI9 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:22 pm

Anyone else get this feeling?

Like someone said in the Hunt post, didn't Hunt write an article saying that Ray should be traded just a couple of days before he was?

I find it interesting that Redd sat out practice yesterday and is going to sit out tonight's game with a thigh bruise. Is he sitting because there is a trade in place?

I also find it odd that LK had something come up and he couldn't be on the hoops show. Was he with LH talking about a deal?

Listening to a couple of recent interviews he sound down in the dumps a little. Is that because he's on his way out?

Is this just me or is Redd very close to being an ex-Buck? :dontknow:
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#2 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:57 pm

I don't know, but here's my new favorite Redd trade (checker approved of course).

Redd+Gadzuric
for
Corey Brewer + Ratliff (exp) + Doleac (exp)
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,710

Post#3 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:02 pm

adamcz wrote:I don't know, but here's my new favorite Redd trade (checker approved of course).

Redd+Gadzuric
for

I've seen my share of Wolves games. The Bucks might be able to get Brewer for Gadz straight up at this point. :wink:

The best thing the Bucks have done in a long time was not draft Brewer. I'm not a Redd guy at all, but he should be able to bring back more than Corey Brewer.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#4 » by Buck You » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:11 pm

These trades usually happen when we least expect it. If it does happen it'll probably happen on some rainy Sunday late this month or in February.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#5 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:30 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:The best thing the Bucks have done in a long time was not draft Brewer. I'm not a Redd guy at all, but he should be able to bring back more than Corey Brewer.
Well I haven't seen him in the pros, so you know better than I do. But he's still got to be a smart player who likes playing defense. That's what we need next to Mo, right? Also, dumping Gadz for an expirer has a lot of value. We'd be entering this summer with Mo/Brewer/Yi/Bogut, a lotto pick, and cap space. Rebuild happens quickly and correctly that way.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:39 pm

Brewer is a really smart player who hustles.....but his legs will snap.....I'm looking at a "Sean Livinsgston" injury in the next two years.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#7 » by WEFFPIM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:39 pm

adamcz wrote:Redd+Gadzuric
for

The Timberwolves are rebuilding. The last thing they're gonna do is this trade.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
BobbyLight
RealGM
And1: 1,546

Post#8 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:48 pm

If we trade Redd for a rookie who looks lost and expiring deals I am going to flip my lid. That would be the height of stupidity for this team. Cap space means nothing to this team. If we want a superstar or a few good prospects its going to have to be included in the Redd trade, because superstar free agents sure as hell aren't coming here under their own will.

I do feel like Redd is going to be traded prior to the deadline. I hope we get either a (most likely flawed) superstar or 2 good prospects. If we trade for cap space I think we will see the nail in the coffin and this team will move.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM

Post#9 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:56 pm

Redd isn't even an allstar, so the idea that he could bring back a superstar is ludicris. Cap space is good for a lot of things other than signing players to max contracts. First and formost, the team budget is fixed around $60 million, so getting down below that number means you can add players, period. Secondly, you can make many more trades happen, such as the Marion one we had on the table this summer. Thirdly, just getting Redd off the roster forces/allows Mo/Yi/Bogut to grow into leadership roles.
BuckSkins Fan
Sophomore

Post#10 » by BuckSkins Fan » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:01 pm

Really good points adamcz, especially the third. With Redd not here, you bring up Sessions, and let him work with Yi/Mo/Bogut. Those are the future of the Bucks. This will speed up Yi`s development and finally allow Bogut to be a focal point in the offense...hopefully. Yi is much better than what is seen in the games so far. He really is the "real deal" and thats not just my opinion.
smooth 'lil balla
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#11 » by smooth 'lil balla » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:12 pm

i actually agree with adam. The only "superstar" redd could possibly bring back is the kind of guy that has failed to improve his team (Mcgrady), which will result in different players, same sh&t.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,196

Post#12 » by midranger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:15 pm

I think its a little early to stop calling Corey Brewer a good prospect. His career could easily follow the Ronnie Brewer tragectory.

He was the 7th pick in this previous draft. Plus we'd shed Dan Gadzuric's hideous contract.

Ray Allen garnered the 5th pick of this previous draft, and Seattle was forced to take on Wally's deal.

The value is the same IMO.

Following this trade, I'd hope to trade CV and Simmons for a few million in expirings, a crap contract, and a later 1st round pick.

Offseason:

Draft:

BPA x 2

Sign:

Josh Childress: Which seems possible giving the glut of natural wings on Atlanta and given that they'll likely focus their money on Josh Smith.

Ersan Ilyasova: Bring him back. He has to be able to give us similar production to CV this year, while playing better defense.

Round out the roster with tough vets on short deals, see Jake Voskuhl, Mike Ruffin, Royal Ivey, etc.....

Roster looks something like this....

Mo
Brewer
Childress
Yi
Bogut

Early Lotto pick
Late First Round pick
Ersan Ilyasova
Charlie Bell
Vet
Vet
Vet
Ramon Sessions
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#13 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:15 pm

adamcz wrote:Redd isn't even an allstar, so the idea that he could bring back a superstar is ludicris. Cap space is good for a lot of things other than signing players to max contracts. First and formost, the team budget is fixed around $60 million, so getting down below that number means you can add players, period. Secondly, you can make many more trades happen, such as the Marion one we had on the table this summer. Thirdly, just getting Redd off the roster forces/allows Mo/Yi/Bogut to grow into leadership roles.

Like I said, it would be a flawed Superstar (McGrady for instance) but it could be done. I know we aren't getting Kobe, but I know we can get a great player for Redd.

And yes if we get under the cap we can add players. Players like Bobby Simmons. This team under the cap means nothing and they have proved that the last 10 years with their free agent signings.

You could, in theory make more trades. But once Redd and whoever else goes with is gone what do we have left to trade for a player like Marion?

I'm with you on your third point. I just think the trade you proposed is awful and won't help us now or later.

Edit: I don't think getting a superstar is realistic, but I'd like to think it could happen. But I would love if my second idea worked. Get a couple of prospects. I guess you and I have different opionons on prospects but Corey Brewer has been one of the least NBA ready rookies this year. He is stick thin and he is due to get beat up. There has to be something better than Brewer and expirings for Redd.
nwy2211
Junior

Post#14 » by nwy2211 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:20 pm

midranger wrote:
Roster looks something like this....

Mo
Brewer
Childress
Yi
Bogut

Early Lotto pick
Late First Round pick
Ersan Ilyasova
Charlie Bell
Vet
Vet
Vet
Ramon Sessions

With that roster we would be a lotto team for years to come. Childress come on now. :crazy:
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,383

Post#15 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:33 pm

None of us know what Redd's true value is......

If his true value is not something like Hinrich/Nocioni and we can't get Pau, etc, etc, then I might consider a Brewer/Milsap trade with the Jazz.

That to me is the best thing I've seen on these boards that doesn't bring back an upper-tier player yet could give us two good young guys to grow with.

If Utah wouldn't send us AK47 I might be ok with Brewer/Milsap.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BobbyLight
RealGM

Post#16 » by BobbyLight » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:35 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
If Utah wouldn't send us AK47 I might be ok with Brewer/Milsap.

I'd take that. Brewer can step in at the 2 and Milsap at the 4. Move Yi to the 3 and you have a young starting line up with tons of potential. We keeep our pick and add a nice 6th man to the mix. Hope Bell, Simmons and CV can contribute like their former selves and we have a nice looking team.

Only problem is the cap. It would almost have to include AK47 and CV.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,196

Post#17 » by midranger » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:35 pm

nwy2211 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

With that roster we would be a lotto team for years to come. Childress come on now. :crazy:

Um.... Childress is a fine player. A very efficient shooter who plays great defense. But, he doesn't post 20 ppg, so he sucks.

Anyway, you must have missed the "High Lotto Pick" part of the roster. Could be Beasley, could be Rose, could be Mayo. I left it blank because I don't know who that will be. However, chances are, it'll be another fine prospect.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
nwy2211
Junior

Post#18 » by nwy2211 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:38 pm

midranger wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Um.... Childress is a fine player. A very efficient shooter who plays great defense. But, he doesn't post 20 ppg, so he sucks.

Anyway, you must have missed the "High Lotto Pick" part of the roster. Could be Beasley, could be Rose, could be Mayo. I left it blank because I don't know who that will be. However, chances are, it'll be another fine prospect.

Not sure where I said we need a 20ppg scorer...but anyways. I like the draft pick, but with that starting lineup we would be no better than we are right now. I would trade redd for another high lotto pick, to give us 2 this upcoming year.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#19 » by BrewersGM » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:41 pm

Some team could use Redd to get over the top. Someone will make a offer and he will be gone... Im not sure whats going on with everyone missing from the media, but i dont think it has anything to do with it.
schwartz57
Freshman

Post#20 » by schwartz57 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:53 pm

Probably wont be traded in the next couple of days if he's injured.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/50100/20080104/redd_may_not_play_against_washington/

Unless the injury is a ploy to keep him out of the game while the trade details are being ironed out, it may take a few more good games by redd after the injury before he's traded

Return to Milwaukee Bucks