Trade to Start The Rebuilding Process
17%
Larry Krystkowiak Bids Adieu
4%
Larry Harris Says Adios
38%
Sen. Kohl Sells The Team/Dies
8%
Nothing At All, Since When Does This Team Do Anything To Improve?
13%

Total votes: 24

WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

What (if anything) Happens First? 

Post#1 » by WEFFPIM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:25 am

This team is a train wreck with an atom bomb and a copy of Gigli on board. I think the general consensus is that there's 5 general things the team can do to start making changes. So here's your chance to state your opinion, make a bet, dance with the Devil, what have you. What will happen first? Will a trade be made to win now (i.e. young guys for superstar), a trade to start rebuilding (Redd, Mo, etc. for young guys and draft picks. Will Coach K get the ax? Will Larry Harris get the ax? Will Midget Troll Kohl bow out/die?

This can be a "What YOU think should happen" poll if you wish, but I'm more interested in what you think WILL happen first.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
SpeedBump44
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#2 » by SpeedBump44 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:34 am

They're getting rid of Harris first. Their not going to let him make a move. Even LH knew that if they stink this year he's gone, and they obviously stink.
thakfu
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#3 » by thakfu » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:46 am

Kohl isnt going anywhere. Larry K getting axed doesnt help unless you bring in a proven coach, and I dont see what coach in his right mind would captain this ship right now. Larry H getting axed doesnt really help things does it? I mean, yeah he's a moron... but the coach remains the coach and the players remain the players... unless we hire a GM, hand him the reigns right away and say "fix this by the deadline". A trade should and I think will be the plan of action.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,392

Post#4 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:58 am

Larry Harris is out.....Kohl will wait until Packer mania gears up next week before making the move so the media won't notice........Ron Walter is probably talking contract right now with Rick Sund.....

That would be my guess what happens......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 6,097

Post#5 » by Siefer » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:03 am

I think we'll see Larry Harris exit before anything else major happens. I doubt Kohl lets a lame duck GM make any big moves.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#6 » by paul » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:26 am

I still think firing LK is the easy way out and this franchise has a history of taking the easy way out....
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#7 » by livestrong4ever » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:54 am

just fire everyone and start a whole new expansion team can't do much worse
75totheMACCfund
Veteran
And1: 47

Post#8 » by 75totheMACCfund » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:09 am

livestrong4ever wrote:just fire everyone and start a whole new expansion team can't do much worse

livestrong4ever = the anti-steger
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,775

Post#9 » by DanoMac » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:20 am

How can we tell that Kohl isn't dead already, and isn't being electronically transported?

If he doesn't look dead in that picture, then I would never wanna see the guy in his casket.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,261

Post#10 » by Sigra » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:39 pm

SpeedBump44 wrote:They're getting rid of Harris first. Their not going to let him make a move.

No doubt IMO. Firing Harris is first move and that is just matter of days. Personaly I think that Harris is above average GM who just couldn't do what he wanted. But that is not important anymore. He is done and I agree with PP that most likely it will be at the end of this week.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#11 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:48 pm

I think that Kohl wants to win and win now. I would at his age.

With that said my guess is that a trade is made first. As I've said, with nearly every player on our team available. Looking for a good offer. If Kohl is really pulling the strings as much as people say then, Harris is irrelevant.

It is very possible that Larry K also goes. Coaches are often held responsible. So make a trade and move the coach on the same day. The problem is that we would need to make a crazy offer imo to a top flight coach to make this work.

Our talent level on this team is not bad, could be better, but not bad. Its the mix of talent, and maybe some coaching. So if we make a good smart trade we can keep or improve our talent level and provide better team chemisty and balance.
Giannis
is
UponUs
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#12 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:54 pm

Chapter29 wrote: If Kohl is really pulling the strings as much as people say then, Harris is irrelevant. .

But what we've learned about Kohl is that he is all about finding a scapegoat for the team's failures.....Kohl never allows himself to be publicly held accountable for anything....."...It was Larry that decided six weeks later to fire Porter!...not me! "

Right now Kohl needs a scapegoat in a bad, bad way. Larry will be that guy (and Larry is somewhat culpable here)

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#13 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:But what we've learned about Kohl is that he is all about finding a scapegoat for the team's failures.....Kohl never allows himself to be publicly held accountable for anything....."...It was Larry that decided six weeks later to fire Porter!...not me! "

Right now Kohl needs a scapegoat in a bad, bad way. Larry will be that guy (and Larry is somewhat culpable here)

OK, I'll buy that, but my thought is, so?

I find it to be irrelevant still. OK we have a new GM that just listens to Kohl. I mean again if Kohl is pulling the strings to level for which you and others say (I have no clue) then it really is irrelevant to the team.

I am very ok with Harris being moved either way. I don't think he did a bad job, but at this point in time, a change is required. Hopefully the new GM then pulls the trigger on a move.
Giannis
is
UponUs
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks

Post#14 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:09 pm

Chapter29 wrote:-= OK, I'll buy that, but my thought is, so?

I find it to be irrelevant still. OK we have a new GM that just listens to Kohl. I mean again if Kohl is pulling the strings to level for which you and others say (I have no clue) then it really is irrelevant to the team. .

I don't disagree that another Kohl puppet would be irrelevant....I was just responding to the question at hand of which move would occur first.

The public in the colliseum needs red meat....so Harris will be offered up as Stotts, Porter, Karl, Grunfeld, Weinhauer, Ford, Dunleavy, Lee Rose, etc were before him.......

Return to Milwaukee Bucks