ImageImage

Trading Redd Is Not The Way

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

s1ickd
Veteran
And1: 247

Trading Redd Is Not The Way 

Post#1 » by s1ickd » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:36 am

This is from a Celtics fan's point of view.

I think Yi, Bogut, and Redd are the guys you keep. Redd and Yi is a good shooting duo at 2 very different positions. It offers nice balance. Bogut is a good miscelaneous skilled center that can give you hustle... and a bit of offense and defense.

What you guys need is a power 3. A marion type to help rebound and defend the opposing team's scoring wing. that way redd's and yi's weaknesses dont get exploited.

Also, Mo Williams is not the answer at point. You need a winner, someone like an Andre Miller that really knows how to run a team.

You trade Mo Williams to Atlanta (who is a point gaurd away from being a really good team) for Josh CHildress (they've been tyring to move him, glut at the wing).....................And you trade Villanueva for Calderon (Toronto is thin up front, no pun intended).

Calderon (pass first PG with lots of toughness)
Redd (go to guy, deadly shooter)
Childress (hits the glass, good finisher, good defender, long and athletic)
Yi (second option... good shooter from inside the arc)
Bogut (the enforcer down low, rebounder, low post presence)

Its not flashy, ibut I think that team would play very well. Assume you're playing the Celtics... just as a benchmark. You'd have Calderon on Rondo, Redd on Ray, Childress defending Pierce, Yi challenging Garnett outside, and Bogut banging with Perk down low. Balance.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:39 am

Yeah let's trade the guy we traded Toronto's starting PG for for their backup. I'm sure that will go over REALLY well with the fans.

I get amused by posts from other fans telling us what's best for our team when we watch every game and they probably only watch our games when their favorite team plays us.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
thakfu
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#3 » by thakfu » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:44 am

orrrr.... we trade you Redd straight up for KG....

Bucks do it cuz... well.. it's KG

Celts do it so they no longer have the pressure of having to live up to the Sox winning the world series and the Patriots going undefeated. Think of how much easier it would be if you didnt have that damn "oh, can the Celts win a title too?" pressure and instead can just go back to being mediocre and bitch about Ray and Mikey jockeying for shots.

:peace:

not bad suggestions tho. would be even better if we could find a way in hell to talk the Hawks out of Josh Smith.
s1ickd
Veteran

Post#4 » by s1ickd » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:45 am

Sorry but your team doesn't need anymore talent that requires touches and shots. You already have that in Redd and Yi... and occasionally Bogut.

The Bucks need a distributor that keeps turnovers low and passion high. They also need a good wing defender that can rebound. Villanueva is a good player, but has no place on the team with Yi there. Yi will never be a 3, he doesnt move quick enough laterally. Imagine him defending Marion, Pierce, or Mello?
th87
RealGM
And1: 9,737

Post#5 » by th87 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:46 am

Sorry twirl, I don't think he's that far off.

I wouldn't mind getting Calderon, but I highly doubt CV gets it done. Who cares about the PR embarrassment? The goal is to improve the team.

I think it might be too soon to move Redd. He's become too much of a scapegoat, and I think we should just wait until new leadership comes through before we make a move in that regard.

Our bench sucks. And it will continue to suck, regardless of Redd being here or not. Either LK's not getting through and never will, or LK's getting through will take some time.

Too soon to make rash decisions, I think.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#6 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:46 am

s1ickd wrote:Sorry but your team doesn't need anymore talent that requires touches and shots. You already have that in Redd and Yi... and occasionally Bogut.

The Bucks need a distributor that keeps turnovers low and passion high. They also need a good wing defender that can rebound. Villanueva is a good player, but has no place on the team with Yi there. Yi will never be a 3, he doesnt move quick enough laterally. Imagine him defending Marion, Pierce, or Mello?

Mo has actually done a fine job distributing this year. Both are bad on defense. However fans will burn down the Bradley Center (which may not be the worst thing in the world) if we trade CV back to Toronto for Ford's BACKUP. That's the point, it's not happening.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

s1ickd
Veteran

Post#7 » by s1ickd » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:50 am

good gm's only look to the future.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#8 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:53 am

s1ickd wrote:good gm's only look to the future.

Yet our GM can't do that because his ass is on the chopping block right now.

The thing to do is find veterans to pair with Redd (good veterans not ones like Calderon and Childress, ones like Gasol or JON.) or trade Redd for young guys/picks. Enough of the band-aid ****, this team needs a direction.

okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#9 » by okanoho » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:53 am

they won't do this
if they trade who play pg in toronto?
Baseline Runner
Analyst
And1: 1,067

Post#10 » by Baseline Runner » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:02 am

Redd made a big mistake not signing with Cleveland. Him and Lebron would be dominating together, instead he's stuck in a miserable situation where he's the scape goat of a very bad team.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#11 » by trwi7 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:09 am

Baseline Runner wrote:Redd made a big mistake not signing with Cleveland. Him and Lebron would be dominating together, instead he's stuck in a miserable situation where he's the scape goat of a very bad team.

Jealous Cleveland fan much?

realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#12 » by realfung » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:41 am

Mo Williams's contract is poison.....

And Simmons is a joke.....

If Simmons can step up his game....you got your starting 3.
BrewersGM
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#13 » by BrewersGM » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:07 pm

That trade would be a bad move... Sending him back... that wont happen...
Neapolitan Buck
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#14 » by Neapolitan Buck » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:47 pm

I thank God Redd didn't play this game, so everybody see what this team is without him. We have got to improve our bench like the Pistons did, for example, and not destroy the core of this developing team.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#15 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:51 pm

Because the core of Redd/Yi/Bogut is going to compete with Allen/Pierce/Garnett if we just get a better bench? Or because 32 year old Redd/Yi/Bogut will one day be able to dominate Dwight Howard/Lewis?
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,761

Post#16 » by msiris » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:01 pm

Neapolitan Buck wrote:I thank God Redd didn't play this game, so everybody see what this team is without him. We have got to improve our bench like the Pistons did, for example, and not destroy the core of this developing team.
The whole point is that Redd is not good enough to even help the Buck get to .500. So he is clearly overpaid. If he played last night we might have only lost by 8. :D
Ride the tank
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#17 » by WRau1 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:19 pm

Redd can't take this team on his back, so I guess thats his fault. I mean, we're only asking Redd to do something that no other player in the league can do, and thats get to the playoffs by himself. Someone should make a list of ppl getting paid as much as Redd, and then compare there team to ours. I'm willing to bet that Milwaukee has done the worst at surrounding a max player with talent.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#18 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:34 pm

If you accept max money, you accept the responsibility of putting a team on your back. I sure hope nobody's wasting time feeling sorry for Michael Redd.

average salaries going forward

Michael Redd - $17 million

Rip Hamilton - $11 million
Kevin Martin - $10 million
Manu Ginobili - $10 million
Mike Miller - $9.5 million
Ben Gordon - ???

Redd makes 50% more money than his peers. He isn't paid to be a scorer, because the market rates for scorers is clearly around $10-11 million a year. He's paid to be a Tim Duncan/Kobe Bryant/Lebron James type guy.
WRau1 wrote:I mean, we're only asking Redd to do something that no other player in the league can do, and thats get to the playoffs by himself.
Lebron got to the finals by himself. Kobe got to the playoffs with just Odom, and he certainly could have done the same with Mo and Bogut.

Has the team done a poor job putting good players around Redd? Yes. But Redd's salary is a HUGE part of the problem. If Michael Redd made the $10 million that he's worth, we would have had an extra $5 million in cap space last summer, and could have picked up Gerald Wallace. Easily.

I don't want to hear about how it "isn't" Redd's salary that prevents players from being picked up. Every player who accepts more than they're worth prevents the team from reaching the average overall talent level of the league.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,402

Post#19 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:40 pm

adamcz wrote: If Michael Redd made the $10 million that he's worth, we would have had an extra $5 million in cap space last summer, and could have picked up Gerald Wallace. .

I think that is a valid point....most every team has some crappy contracts.....the only ones that don't are the teams with super-duperstars than can afford to be more picky....or maybe those teams have their cap entirely dominated by a star like Kobe so they are fiscally prevented from the opportunity to screw things up by overpaying a Bobby Simmons or Gadz........

If we have $13mm of cap room last summer we could have gotten Billups and made that cap absorbing trade for Marion. Billups and Marion would qualify as "help" for Redd IMO. Michael partly has himself to blame for his lack of help. Primarily it is the team's fault, but Redd has a hand in this as well with his contract.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#20 » by WRau1 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:43 pm

LeBron's team is WAY better then the Bucks. Kobe's Lakers are also better then the Bucks. Theres not a single player in the League that is making as much as Redd with a worse team.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks