ImageImage

Does anyone else kind of want Hasheem Thabeet?

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Does anyone else kind of want Hasheem Thabeet? 

Post#1 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:18 am

I think he could really improve our front court defense. He's 7'3 and a shot blocking machine. I've been watching some of the UConn - Notre Dame game right now and he's got 8 blocks with still 16 minutes left in the game. It would be really nice to have that kind of defense in our front court. I know we need a SF, but Thabeet could be really helpful.
MajorDad
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by MajorDad » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:19 am

I'd rather have greg oden.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#3 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:20 am

So how do you suggest we get Oden?
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#4 » by LUKE23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:25 am

No, I do not.

Mainly because:

1. With our current frontcourt, he wouldn't see the court enough to warrant a high pick on him.

2. We need to take best talent available given our current talent level and he will not be it.

I really want Rose, he's averaging 12/4.5/4.5 as a freshman on an absolutely loaded team. Granted, we will likely have to be top 3 bad to get him.

After that we have guys like Beasley, Griffin, Greene, Jordan, Gordon, Bayless, Collison, Mayo, Buddinger, and Hibbert that I think are all better pro talents than Thabeet.
MajorDad
Banned User

Post#5 » by MajorDad » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:29 am

well based on the other trade proposals that MD locked today, i would dream we could send Bogut for oden. oden is injured and Bogut is not. i'm sure portland would love to have Bogut. We could tell them it's his third year and he'll blossom just like J O'Neal and TMAC did after their first team gave up on them. We've had success in dealing with Portland before. We traded them przzy for somebody. I'm old. who did we get from Portland for giving them that outstanding center? obviously, he's no longer with us.

so bogut for oden a swap of #1 overall picks. I' m sure the alaries will match and that portland fans will be overjoyed to send us an unproven oden for a chance to get the Australian super hero bogut.

I guess we could also include Simmons for Miles. if ever there was an even trade of garbage for garbage, Simmons for Miles has to be it.
BrewersGM
Banned User

Post#6 » by BrewersGM » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:44 am

Okafur had alot of blocks in college too and and thats all I seen in him along with that guy. He is solid though! I wish we could get some college boards...
emunney
RealGM
And1: 37,010

Post#7 » by emunney » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:18 am

Reed, we traded Przy to the Hawks in the 3-way Van Horn/TT trade. He went to Portland as a free agent.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
nwy2211
Junior

Post#8 » by nwy2211 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:54 am

Not at all...I would rather have Vin "liter of vodka" Baker
MilBucksBackOnTop06
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#9 » by MilBucksBackOnTop06 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:10 am

LOL....this franchise and its fan base is going loony. :crazy:

First one post suggests to bring in JJ Redick and another guy starts a thread suggesting you bring in raw ass Thabeet!

Unreal. Un-belivable... :noway: Un-real.. :roll:

What can he do for us!? He can't even handle Hansgoody and Notre Dame!
What can he do for us...tell me? :dontknow:

Come on...I'll wait.. Wake :sleep: me when you come up with a legitimate reason why we need either of them...

Meanwhile I will seek divine intervention :pray: and conjure :meditate: up for some help while you get me some answers.
bigricho12
Rookie

Post#10 » by bigricho12 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:46 pm

Yeah, lets use our first round pick on Keith Closs the 2nd when we are desperate for a swingman/small forward and we already have a defensive centre. Jeez :banghead:

Here is an idea, lets trade Redd for Ben Wallace, draft Thabeet, trade Camby for Mo and Simmons for the Vanilla Gorilla and we can have 5 defensive centres start the game. :crazy:

Thabeet aint even going to go 1st round let alone be the 3rd best centre in the draft.
[quote:e5e7b9ff74="willeatfire4playoffsinmil"]-= original quote snipped =-

emunney was close. General Board, thread "Did the NBA fumble the Ball Tonight?"

Also in that thread, someone thinks Australia is a country.[/quote]

Return to Milwaukee Bucks