ImageImage

Scouting Ersan

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#21 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 2:26 pm

Nowak008 wrote:Thanks for the update.

I know a few on the board aren't too high on him, but I think he will be a very solid player in the NBA.

How do u get to watch these games?

I still have hope for him. I thought he showed solid potential last year and I look forward to him coming back next season (hopefully).

His NBA chances are running out though. If he comes back next season it is do or die in my eyes.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,113

Post#22 » by midranger » Sat Mar 8, 2008 4:25 pm

He was a better player than Yi was after the 29 point game. Granted, he wasn't as good as Yi was earlier in the season.

I think in 2 years, he'll be our starting SF. Bold prediction.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#23 » by Chapter29 » Sat Mar 8, 2008 4:29 pm

midranger wrote:He was a better player than Yi was after the 29 point game. Granted, he wasn't as good as Yi was earlier in the season.

I think in 2 years, he'll be our starting SF. Bold prediction.

I hope so. I really like him and feel that he would easily be our best SF this year. Hopefully a year overseas helps him, but I am one of the few that liked what I saw.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#24 » by Buck You » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:06 pm

I remember last year Ersan drove into the lane and just posterized someone. I just can't see Yi doing that. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#25 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Mar 8, 2008 6:50 pm

Ersan is still learning the game but he has a lot of the tools you look for and is improving every year. Keep in mind he's only twenty and this junior if he played college ball. I think if he sticks around Spain plays starters minutes over there for a full season he will be ready to come back to the NBA and be a contributor in 09/10.

I can see how someone might roll their eyes at Ersan playing well against someone like Marcus Haislip, especially in the grand scope of things considering the Bucks recent lack of successes and questionable draft picks. But we still have a player in Ilyasova who is developing and could turn out to be an asset for us in the future. The Spanish league he plays in the second best league in the world after the NBA.

Look at some of the guys who played well in Spain before heading to the U.S-

Andreas Nocioni
Fabricio Oberto
Anderson Varajeo
Charlie Bell
Garbajosa
Jose Calderon
Juan Carlos Navarro
Pau Gasol
Louis Scola
Walter Hermann (had to throw him in there)

Now Ersan isn't on the level these guys were in Spain yet, but he's on pace to get there. Clearly being a top player in the ACB does translate into being a productive player in the NBA. Most of those guys didn
upnorthfan
Banned User
And1: 16

Post#26 » by upnorthfan » Sat Mar 8, 2008 8:29 pm

Ersan will be a player in this league. Part of his problem last year was Patterson, Mo and Redd absolutely shut him out, much like they did Bogut his first year, and Yi earlier this year.

Ersan is solid and when he went overseas and we signed Mason, immediately I knew we were going to have a bad year.

I also said from Day 1 start Yi, CV, and Drew on the frontline, but so far they may have been on the court what, maybe 30 minutes total this year?

If your best five players are AB, Yi, CV, MR and MO, and they all play positions that allows them on the floor together at the same time, it make since to me to play that lineup extended minutes.

Keeping Ersan, who plays the 3 and the 4, would have been a great guy in the frontline rotation. As soon as we signed Mason who can only play the 3, along with Simmons, who can only play the 3, combined with their 15 million annual salary at the 3, has dictated Mason starting, instead of our best lineup, in addition to making us a much less flexible team.

Blunder after blunder, but I keep my shut and cheer on my favorite team.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks